ADVERTISEMENT

I have a new ally in my defense of QC style pizza - and he can kick your ass . . .

torbee

HB King
Gold Member
Of course the main topic of conversation was Iowa football, but we had a couple Quad Citizen ex-NFL/Hawkeye players on the 12 Saturdays podcast this week and Pat Angerer thinks you should enjoy Quad City style pizza like any other person with sensible tastes.

We also talked about back hair and the keys for Iowa to spring a possible upset of the Buckeyes next Saturday. We think it's a fun listen:

After reading your articles for years you come up with a thought in your head of what someone sounds like. @torbee you don't sound anything like what I imagined. Not in a bad way just thought it was funny. csb/

Great job by the way. Really enjoy your work.

Reactions: torbee
Was at Augustana a while back for a ceremony and had a pizza from Harris pizza. It was ok. But I won't miss it if I never have another one, which I probably won't.

Of course the main topic of conversation was Iowa football, but we had a couple Quad Citizen ex-NFL/Hawkeye players on the 12 Saturdays podcast this week and Pat Angerer thinks you should enjoy Quad City style pizza like any other person with sensible tastes.

We also talked about back hair and the keys for Iowa to spring a possible upset of the Buckeyes next Saturday. We think it's a fun listen:

For you, Torbs.

https://www.foodandwine.com/travel/quad-cities-pizza

After reading your articles for years you come up with a thought in your head of what someone sounds like. @torbee you don't sound anything like what I imagined. Not in a bad way just thought it was funny. csb/

Great job by the way. Really enjoy your work.
I'm not fond of my speaking voice - Joel is the radio guy and sounds like it.

I try to make up for it by being hilarious (in my mind) ;)

Reactions: beanerhawk
Does anyone outside the Quad Cities like QC pizza?
Yes.

My daughter said the QC style place in Chicago is very popular. They even opened a second location:

There is also a QC style place in Atlanta metro:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT