ADVERTISEMENT

I have a solution for those who don't have a choice.

Off of one stance, just not sure he's anyone I'd gravitate to. Plus if you read about the guy, he could be a prickly smug self-righteous type.
I'm sure we'll find out over the next few months.

Reactions: Herkmeister
The I don't have a choice is such a lame response. You always have a choice as to if you want to back someone as amoral as Trump. You could simply choose not to vote in the presidential race or vote for a 3rd party nominee. It seems to me that the I don't have a choice excuse is for those who really don't care about what a terrible human being Trump is (or worse they like that about him) but they don't want other people to know that they like it.

The I don't have a choice is such a lame response. You always have a choice as to if you want to back someone as amoral as Trump. You could simply choose not to vote in the presidential race or vote for a 3rd party nominee. It seems to me that the I don't have a choice excuse is for those who really don't care about what a terrible human being Trump is (or worse they like that about him) but they don't want other people to know that they like it.

I exercised my choice in 2016 by not voting for POTUS. Was raked over the coals by many children on here for being "the reason" Trump won.

Reactions: whatsup13579er
I exercised my choice in 2016 by not voting for POTUS. Was raked over the coals by many children on here for being "the reason" Trump won.

I started this thread as an any port in a storm solution just so people know. I have great respect for Amash. Edit:I also started it for LC's benefit. :D

I don't agree with that reasoning because it presumes that you would have otherwise voted democrat.

I think the people they get most angry with are the people who vote green party who otherwise would have voted democrat.

If youu're in a state that could go either way, and you think one of the two major candidates would be of great harm to the nation as president, you must vote for the other major candidate because staying home or voting for a third party may make you feel warm and toasty and superior as all hell, but it helps elect the candidate you fear will hurt the country.

If I had lived in California or New York or Idaho, I wouldn't have voted for Trump in '16. But I lived in Iowa.

It's an attempt to absolve themselves of any responsibility to the clusterf**k that is the White House right now. Blameless until their dying breath.

It's an attempt to absolve themselves of any responsibility to the clusterf**k that is the White House right now. Blameless until their dying breath.
This is a pretty clueless statement. Thanks to my vote and others, the situation in America is better than it would have been if Hillary had won. We aren't talking about accepting blame. We're talking about taking credit.

If youu're in a state that could go either way, and you think one of the two major candidates would be of great harm to the nation as president, you must vote for the other major candidate because staying home or voting for a third party may make you feel warm and toasty and superior as all hell, but it helps elect the candidate you fear will hurt the country.

If I had lived in California or New York or Idaho, I wouldn't have voted for Trump in '16. But I lived in Iowa.
And, you ended up voting for the wrong candidate.

Reactions: Hawk8595
I don't agree with that reasoning because it presumes that you would have otherwise voted democrat.

I think the people they get most angry with are the people who vote green party who otherwise would have voted democrat.
If we had mandatory voting and only Hillary and Trump had been on the ballot, I would have voted for NOTA (None of the above).

But I would have voted.

I do fall into the normally vote republican.. Have voted for a 3rd party once, and a Democrat twice. Couldn't pull the trigger (figuratively) on Hillary. Biden, yes.

I started this thread as an any port in a storm solution just so people know. I have great respect for Amash. Edit:I also started it for LC's benefit. :D

If you guys push Biden through, he gets my vote. That's all your homework. :)

LMFAO, you are such a clown.
Please explain how the situation could be worse. Go!

She could already have us in WWIII. She was the voice of armed response in Obama's head during her tenure at the State Department.

She could already have us in WWIII. She was the voice of armed response in Obama's head during her tenure at the State Department.
With who? Are you telling me she was more of an unhinged hawk than Bolton?

Nope, I'm confused. So stop deflecting and answer the question. Who would this mystery war be with?

Why would I have to answer that? We've been told by CNN and others that Trump was going to get us all into a Nuclear war.

Anyway, my point was whenever there was a decision to be made, she advocated for military action most of the time. Thank her, and Obama for Libya.

Why would I have to answer that? We've been told by CNN and others that Trump was going to get us all into a Nuclear war.

Anyway, my point was whenever there was a decision to be made, she advocated for military action most of the time. Thank her, and Obama for Libya.
You said she'd get us into WWIII - you must have an idea who that would be with. Or you're just irrational. Which is it?
As for your other attempt at distraction - CNN isn't here making inane excuses. If they were I'd be questioning them. So....who with?

Reactions: mstp1992
You just don't understand the consequences of your inaction.

I wonder if you've had these discussions with WWJD. You know he didn't vote for Hillary either, right? I don't ever recall you calling him out for that.

Maybe you can spend the rest of the day making up for lost time.

You don't appear to be able to comprehend well enough to understand the complexities.

If you did, you would have voted for Clinton and not abstained (that means you didn't vote).

Now go after WWJD. Or are you man enough to stand up to him?

I always thought he voted for some third party candidate. I can respect that more than abstaining.

Bullshit. As has been bantered about for two years by damn near every Democrat, abstaining or voting for a 3rd party was a vote for Trump. At least naturamwa was consistent enough to call everyone out. Not you though.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Bullshit. As has been bantered about for two years by damn near every Democrat, abstaining or voting for a 3rd party was a vote for Trump. At least naturamwa was consistent enough to call everyone out. Not you though.
WWJD at least understands what a terrible president Trump has been, and is able to articulate accurate criticisms of him.

Have you ever been critical of Trump?

I wonder if you've had these discussions with WWJD. You know he didn't vote for Hillary either, right? I don't ever recall you calling him out for that.

Maybe you can spend the rest of the day making up for lost time.
Yeah, he effed up too. Now tell me who we'd be at war with.

Reactions: mstp1992
This is a pretty clueless statement. Thanks to my vote and others, the situation in America is better than it would have been if Hillary had won. We aren't talking about accepting blame. We're talking about taking credit.
I’m not saying she would have made a good president but please tell me how in the hell she would have been worse than Trump

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT