ADVERTISEMENT

I have been saying this for a number of years now, but it has become so blatantly obvious

Hawk68

HR MVP
Oct 1, 2001
that no one can disagree with it. Football offenses have to have a QB that can run the ball. The "pro-style" offense is dead! I have supported KF since he has arrived however, if he does not start recruiting mobile QBs. he has to go. If a mobile QB can't be found, recruit a couple more RBs or DB's and red shirt them, if necessary, and work with them on their passing skills. Hell, all these kids have been throwing the ball since they started playing. We don't have to go to a "spread" system, but we need an OC that can incorporate more than a QB statue who either hands the ball off or throws it and then stands there and watches, if he is not on his butt. I would think that everyone who watched all the games this week would have to agree. Running QB's put a hell of a lot more pressure on the D.

If a mobile QB can't be found, recruit a couple more RBs or DB's and red shirt them, if necessary, and work with them on their passing skills.

giphy.gif

...and guess who will be the last coach in America to figure that out.
Actually the next 2 recruited QB, Lainez and Resar are supposed to very mobile. So maybe they are figuring it out. And yes, every top 25 team has mobile QB’s that can extend plays..

Actually the next 2 recruited QB, Lainez and Resar are supposed to very mobile. So maybe they are figuring it out. And yes, every top 25 team has mobile QB’s that can extend plays..
One can only hope. How they're coached once they land on campus will determine that. We know how that usually works out.
Don't make a mistake....Don't make a mistake...Don't make a mistake....etc etc. Gee, I wonder why this kid isn't making plays? Why is he so hesitant?

Yet Iowa’s current OC says they don’t want that type of qb to play backyard football as he called it. You can’t fix stupid. They will try to make them pocket passers and eliminate the desire to run. Just watch.

There are so many dual threat qb recruits now a days iowa doesn’t need to recruit a rb and turn him into a qb. Ferentz needs to figure out that the statue qb is dead

On Sunday Night Football they were talking about that very thing. Even the pros are looking for QBs that can extend plays with their feet. The standard pocket passer is a dinosaur
Running QB's and mobile QB's are not the same thing. Also, it takes those mobile guys time to learn how to step up in the pocket when needed, AND not take of running just because.

Reactions: FranklinHawk
Absolutely every thread about Iowa football and it’s current state comes down to this unmistakable fact: Father Time is undefeated Kirk. Don’t be the guy who hangs on too long.
This stinks like a coach who doesn’t know when to hang it up. Thanks for everything but it’s time to pass the mantle….

On Sunday Night Football they were talking about that very thing. Even the pros are looking for QBs that can extend plays with their feet. The standard pocket passer is a dinosaur.
The #1 QB drafted in round 1 by the Steelers in 2022 I would not count as a dual threat guy. Hell of a thrower his senior year in college, but not great rush stats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT