ADVERTISEMENT

I have the solution for RBG’s replacement that should satisfy everyone...

83Hawk

HR Legend
Sep 17, 2002
I don’t know who is on Trump’s list, but if there is a black female who believes in following the Constitution, he should nominate her (or find one pdq) immediately and McConnell should bring it to a vote by the end of October.

Trump wins.....he gets his nominee.
Republicans win...they can boast about getting the first black female on the SC.
Democrats win...they get a black female on the SC (two groups they always say they are fighting for).
Women win...they get another woman on the SC.
Blacks win...they get another black on the SC.
America wins because we get another much-needed Constitutionalist on the SC.

Everybody wins, everybody’s happy.

• Haha
Reactions: ConvenientParking
Still waiting for that depression you promised
Nice deflection. I guess you have no response.

There is no depression because things were opened back up. I merely warned of the consequences of a prolonged shutdown (which thankfully didn’t happen). But you knew that.

Stay on topic.

Reactions: goldmom
Nice deflection. I guess you have no response.

There is no depression because things were opened back up. I merely warned of the consequences of a prolonged shutdown (which thankfully didn’t happen). But you knew that.

Stay on topic.

Well I've asked it 100 times and you haven't responded. So I was going to keep asking till you admitted the fear mongering you posted, and we called you on, was wrong.

And BS on your second graph. At no point was the county "opened back up" in the weeks before these posts/timelines where you promised us depression.

I would say June 1 to avoid a depression, if it’s not already too late.

The longer this goes on, the worse (and longer lasting) the economic devastation will be. If things stay locked down into June a depression is pretty much a given.

We are heading for a significant economic Depression if this shutdown lasts past May 1. It might already be too late.

Candace-Owens-1200x800.jpg

What does “believes in following the Constitution” even mean?

It means that a justice rules the way OP wants them to. Conservatives have convinced themselves that any judicial ruling they do not like is just “judicial activism,” while every decision that they do like is simply following the Constitution. It would be kind of cute if it wasn’t so Phvcking stupid.

Dems don’t really care about blacks who are conservative. They only care about blacks who vote for them.

I have received the replies I pretty much expected. Please explain to me how nominating a black female who would make decisions based on the Constitution is "stupid.". Some of the same people in this thread supported the idea of Biden having a black female vp because it "checked the right boxes", but apparently a black female is not good enough for the Supreme Court?

There can only be 4 possible reasons why a black female Constitutionalist would not be acceptable:
1. Racism.
2. Misogyny.
3. You don't support the Constitution.
4. You don't want Trump/Republicans to get any possible credit for such a historic appointment.

I think we all know the answer is #4. I wish the lefties would just man up and admit it. Admit it is more important to deny Trump the appointment....even if it means denying a black female the chance to serve on the SC. Party over country.

Reactions: CFNiteHawk85
I think he should nominate Goldmom. She'd have all the support of this board as well as Warchant! 😁

I have received the replies I pretty much expected. Please explain to me how nominating a black female who would make decisions based on the Constitution is "stupid.". Some of the same people in this thread supported the idea of Biden having a black female vp because it "checked the right boxes", but apparently a black female is not good enough for the Supreme Court?

There can only be 4 possible reasons why a black female Constitutionalist would not be acceptable:
1. Racism.
2. Misogyny.
4. You don't want Trump/Republicans to get any possible credit for such a historic appointment.

I think we all know the answer is #4. I wish the lefties would just man up and admit it. Admit it is more important to deny Trump the appointment....even if it means denying a black female the chance to serve on the SC. Party over country.

Too far gone.

1. Racism.
2. Misogyny.

Because there is no such thing as a “constitutionalist.” A “constitutionalist” is just a justice that cites the Constitution when it helps them reach their desired end result, and ignores the Constitution when it does not.

Reactions: LBoogie28 and Moral
Because there is no such thing as a “constitutionalist.” A “constitutionalist” is just a justice that cites the Constitution when it helps them reach their desired end result, and ignores the Constitution when it does not.
So your reason is #4.

It's funny.... nobody can give one single reason as to why Trump nominating a black female is stupid, or why they are against it. Not ONE. All they can come up with is to insult me.

It's funny.... nobody can give one single reason as to why Trump nominating a black female is stupid, or why they are against it. Not ONE. All they can come up with is to insult me.

Because he’s appointed exactly zero black judges to Circuit Courts, so there aren’t viable candidates?

First, I think there are only two or three black female Federal appellate judges. Not a large number to choose from.

Second, there is no way Trump is nominating a black female judge so it’s kind of an academic exercise.

Reactions: mnole03 and Moral
Because he’s appointed exactly zero black judges to Circuit Courts, so there aren’t viable candidates?
That's your reason????
I'm sure you are aware that nominees are not required to be a circuit judge.

So in other words, your reason is #4.

I like that you think you are be clever. You're implying that I care about "firsts." I care about not loading the court with corporate ideologues.

First, I think there are only two or three black female Federal appellate judges. Not a large number to choose from.

Second, there is no way Trump is nominating a black female judge so it’s kind of an academic exercise.
A nominee is not required to be a Federal appellate judge. So that argument doesn't hold. You also can't say there "no way" he would nominate a black female. Pure speculation on your part.
Yes, this is just an academic exercise.

I like that you think you are be clever. You're implying that I care about "firsts." I care about not loading the court with corporate ideologues.
So you automatically assume a black female would be a corporate idealogue? Interesting.
And if she wasn't? Would you be onboard with that?

As Aerosmith sings and what Steven Tyler said when he left american idol - DREAM ON!!!

A nominee is not required to be a Federal appellate judge. So that argument doesn't hold. You also can't say there "no way" he would nominate a black female. Pure speculation on your part.
Yes, this is just an academic exercise.
They’re not even required to have a law degree. I get all that. The reality is for many, many years they have come from the top of the Federal judiciary.

I feel comfortable saying that Trump will never nominate a black female.

They’re not even required to have a law degree. I get all that. The reality is for many, many years they have come from the top of the Federal judiciary.

I feel comfortable saying that Trump will never nominate a black female.
I hope he does.

ADVERTISEMENT