ADVERTISEMENT

I have the solution for RBG’s replacement that should satisfy everyone...

They’re not even required to have a law degree. I get all that. The reality is for many, many years they have come from the top of the Federal judiciary.

I feel comfortable saying that Trump will never nominate a black female.
I think he tries to (or perhaps already has plans to) Blagojevich the seat.

The right thing to do is allow the winner in November nominated the next Justice.

Hypocrites will obviously do the wrong thing

I was simply answering the question posed in the OP: Condi is a black female who believes in the Constitution.

Obviously won't happen but what if Trump picks a centrist female democrat (a hypothetical Tulsi with abilities and interest)? I'm sure dems will reject the candidate but Trump could reap some benefits on election day.

I don’t know who is on Trump’s list, but if there is a black female who believes in following the Constitution, he should nominate her (or find one pdq) immediately and McConnell should bring it to a vote by the end of October.

Trump wins.....he gets his nominee.
Republicans win...they can boast about getting the first black female on the SC.
Democrats win...they get a black female on the SC (two groups they always say they are fighting for).
Women win...they get another woman on the SC.
Blacks win...they get another black on the SC.
America wins because we get another much-needed Constitutionalist on the SC.

Everybody wins, everybody’s happy.
How about a pansexual, trans, Asian? I don't think we have any of those on the court right now. There is bound to be at least one pansexual, trans, Asian who looks good in a black robe.

I have received the replies I pretty much expected. Please explain to me how nominating a black female who would make decisions based on the Constitution is "stupid.". Some of the same people in this thread supported the idea of Biden having a black female vp because it "checked the right boxes", but apparently a black female is not good enough for the Supreme Court?

There can only be 4 possible reasons why a black female Constitutionalist would not be acceptable:
1. Racism.
2. Misogyny.
3. You don't support the Constitution.
4. You don't want Trump/Republicans to get any possible credit for such a historic appointment.

I think we all know the answer is #4. I wish the lefties would just man up and admit it. Admit it is more important to deny Trump the appointment....even if it means denying a black female the chance to serve on the SC. Party over country.
Ginsberg made decisions based on the constitution, and she has been derided by right-wingers for 2+ decades.

Hope trump wins— could get 2-3 Supreme Court picks and save this country from the insane for 25 years. By then maybe democrats will wise up and kick the nuts yo the curb

It's funny.... nobody can give one single reason as to why Trump nominating a black female is stupid, or why they are against it. Not ONE. All they can come up with is to insult me.

I am just against a nomination this close to the election, especially after the precedent McConnell set in 2016.

Outside of that I want to know what their principles are when it comes to the law and the constitution.

I think you are smoking some serious crack/meth combo if you think Trump would even consider nominating a person of color or a female to the Supreme Court.

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT