ADVERTISEMENT

I have two fears going into post season.

Nationals are 2 weeks away. No reason to think it will spread that fast especially when the teams are not from areas with a tiny problem of infections.
The virus will go dormant when the tempatures rise just like the flu. Olympics are during the summer.
Well it's two things. 1) How fast will spread? and 2) How fast will the panic spread?

Ticket prices already super low. If the Trump flu scares away a lot of people, they may have to let ppl in for free to avoid embarrassment.
I doubt anyone stays home in fear. (insignificant few) Are you staying home?

I expect this board to be the one place I go that isn’t overreacting about the damn Coronavirus. More people dying from the regular ole’ flu at this point. And for Gods sake stop buying all the masks, water, and hand sanitizer! C’mon America you’re better than this!
I sell pharmaceuticals for a living and I call on pharmacies as well as clinics and hospitals. The last 20 or so pharmacies I’ve been to have been wiped out completely of all hand sanitizers. Crazy

Reactions: so cal hawkfan
I sell pharmaceuticals for a living and I call on pharmacies as well as clinics and hospitals. The last 20 or so pharmacies I’ve been to have been wiped out completely of all hand sanitizers. Crazy

There are no reported cases near where I live. I went to the grocery store the other day...they are rationing bottled water and the shelves for common non-perishable foods (canned soup, ramen, frozen pizzas, etc) were basically empty. Weird.

I see on Fox-28 that the NCAA is thinking of playing b-ball games without fans (assume the same for wrestling) and that the olympics might be delayed. Haven't seen this elsehwere but neither would surprise me at this point.

Funny you mentioned that because I just read the other day where they will be conducting the Arnold Classic (huge bodybuilding event) without spectators. We're in the middle of strange times. Allegedly several companies are working on vaccines...hoping someone comes up with one that works before it gets too crazy.

https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com/analysis/coronavirus-mers-cov-drugs/

Reactions: Vallholl
But I can see some not going. Especially older, unhealthy people. And there are normally a good number of those at NCAAs.

This. Also if I were considering not going as a result of this, I feel like I'd personally be more concerned with the planes/airports, etc. than the venue itself, so if people don't go, it will be moreso people that are traveling from far away to get there. I do know American at least was offering no change fees if you cancel 2 weeks in advance, so I could see some people proactively canceling in case it ends up getting worse.

Reactions: artradley
I expect this board to be the one place I go that isn’t overreacting about the damn Coronavirus. More people dying from the regular ole’ flu at this point. And for Gods sake stop buying all the masks, water, and hand sanitizer! C’mon America you’re better than this!

panic drives ratings, crazy cars being bad for you is getting no traction

@mcsorley

Despite having a vaccine, Influenza is far more lethal but not addressed in Media. ?Agenda?

From CDC:
While the impact of flu varies, it places a substantial burden on the health of people in the United States each year. CDC estimates that influenza has resulted in between 9 million – 45 million illnesses, between 140,000 – 810,000 hospitalizations and between 12,000 – 61,000 deaths annually since 2010.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

But, but, but, the talking heads said Blah Blah Blah..... dont be a tool.

There are no reported cases near where I live. I went to the grocery store the other day...they are rationing bottled water and the shelves for common non-perishable foods (canned soup, ramen, frozen pizzas, etc) were basically empty. Weird.
Just had a clinic tell me that even they are limited on how much sanitizer and masks they can order. Yes weird. But probably going to get weirder

Just had a clinic tell me that even they are limited on how much sanitizer and masks they can order. Yes weird. But probably going to get weirder

Masks dont prevent infection and soap and water works better than hand sanitizer. People are stupid and emotional.

Since masks dont work, I am breaking out my scuba gear. If you see me at NCAAs say hello.
d006f0f349d63b18824ffcef0efce715.jpg

Yea, my fear is they will shut out the large events from fans. Can you pansies slow down on the panic button and try to calm the fears of those around you with rational if any discussion at all on the matter. We all have a better chance of winning the megamillions than dying from Corona.

I don't wanna watch the Hawks win and my kid's last run on TV.
Thank you all.

Yea, my fear is they will shut out the large events from fans. Can you pansies slow down on the panic button and try to calm the fears of those around you with rational if any discussion at all on the matter. We all have a better chance of winning the megamillions than dying from Corona.

I don't wanna watch the Hawks win and my kid's last run on TV.
Thank you all.

The one non-Hawk I will be cheering for! Good luck!

Masks dont prevent infection and soap and water works better than hand sanitizer. People are stupid and emotional.

Since masks dont work, I am breaking out my scuba gear. If you see me at NCAAs say hello.
Time to breakout the tanks and regulator. Go Hawks!!!

panic drives ratings, crazy cars being bad for you is getting no traction

Amen! If it wasn't for the ratings - and the money that pours in b

Hilarious brother!! :) Gotta keep it light during these times. And seriously - like a few others have said - the death toll isn't a drop in the bucket yet if you compare it to the normal flu. So we need to start freaking significantly more every flu season...

Ticket prices already super low. If the Trump flu scares away a lot of people, they may have to let ppl in for free to avoid embarrassment.

I've got a room a few miles away from the venue...just trying to get time away from work to make it happen. Hope the weather cooperates! :)

As of right now the U.S. death rate is higher than the global death rate.

Still a small sample size and if I'm not mistaken the people in the U.S. who have tested positive are disproportionately older than the global average.

As of right now 11 deaths and ~130 diagnosed.
Yes, the early infestation in a nursing home among the most vulnerable segment of the population will skew percentages.

if corona is pretty widespread in several states, I think nationals will be closed to the fans and will just be a televised event

Yes, the early infestation in a nursing home among the most vulnerable segment of the population will skew percentages.

Well said. Based on the limited knowledge thus far, but purely looking at numbers, it appears that if you're healthy and under the age of 70 your risk is very low. And seemingly the younger people who have died in the US (younger being 40s and 50s) had underlying health conditions. That's 11 deaths, at least 7 over 70 and all with pre-existing health conditions. Therefore, let's go wrestling boys! And if you have a health issue, you may want to catch this year's NCAAs from the comfort of your home...and we'll see you next year! :)

"The person who died in Placer County, Calif., was described by officials as "an elderly adult with underlying health conditions." Most of the people who died in Washington were residents of Life Care Center, a nursing facility in Kirkland. All but three of the victims in Washington were over age 70.

The younger people who died include one man in his 40s and two men in their 50s. Officials said these individuals had underlying medical problems that could have made them particularly susceptible to the virus, but officials would not detail what the problems were."

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsa...atest-risk-of-severe-illness-from-coronavirus

I guess we can assume mcsorley has a Canadian IP address then?
Been on and off HR for the last 5 years and just retired from the Army after 25 years. Live in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. You don't need to assume that because it's a fact. Come visit me.

Reactions: seamus98
Been on and off HR for the last 5 years and just retired from the Army after 25 years. Live in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. You don't need to assume that because it's a fact. Come visit me.

Thank you for your service, I wrestled Greco for 7 years while I was active duty. Wish you wouldn't have made this political, and I'm sure I'm not alone in asking everybody to leave politics at the table when coming to this board. We're all Hawk fans, well the intelligent ones here anyhow

I have to hand it to you, @mcsorley, two pages later and these people are STILL triggered. :p

You over estimate his (and your) contribution to this discussion.

You bet. You can spot a trumpster a mile away.

"Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines.
Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing

You remind us of why. Semper Fi

You over estimate his (and your) contribution to this discussion.

"Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines.
Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing

You remind us of why. Semper Fi
And you are going to try and make posters on here believe that you were a Marine? Your just a internet tough guy, bitch.

Never been to Wyoming or those neck of the woods, but I hope you enjoy it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT