ADVERTISEMENT

I hope

We can throw the ball down field instead of behind the TE running a 3 yard crossing pass. I hope Our O-Line can establish a push and give us a run game. I hope we can string together some 1st downs to help the D stay off the field and catch their breath. I hope for some old school Iowa football.
Good stuff to be hopeful for but I would like us to go 4 wide with 2 wide receivers and 2 TEnds (if Keegan and Ragaini are out again). Or go 3 receivers and one tight end spread wide. The tight ends can start out lined up just outside the tackles but then shift out. If the opponent leaves 8 in the box you snap it and throw it to an uncovered receiver but if the defense sends a few guys out to guard the four receivers then you can check to a run or a different pass play.

It is idiocy to keep playing tight formations and playing in a phone booth, so to speak.

It is idiocy to keep playing tight formations and playing in a phone booth, so to speak.
I think they are running all the tight stuff because they're trying to keep Petras upright. Everybody can see what's going on with the Oline and SP and they are going to blitz the living crap out of em. I think BF is trying to get some bodies in the box to help with protection cause the Oline alone can't do it...even with a four man rush.

Even if they do all that this weekend (which I’m not confident of…) it doesn’t mean squat until they do it against a team with a pulse on defense…
This ^^. The homers will be out in full force if we do anything positive on offense against Nevada, praising Kirk, praising Brian, blah blah. Incarnate Word put up 600 yards of offense against them, they are just awful. It means exactly squat if the offense improves this weekend, as its due to how bad the competition is.

I’d like to see a 550 yd offensive game with -56-3 win. Petras throws for 350 , no ints. Rbs get 100 yds each. Doesn’t mean a dam thing, but might give them a glimpse of hope and a positive feeling for once this fall.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.
Immediately started hearing this when I saw the thread title.

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies (except the Iowa offense and maybe some coaching careers in 2022).

I think they are running all the tight stuff because they're trying to keep Petras upright. Everybody can see what's going on with the Oline and SP and they are going to blitz the living crap out of em. I think BF is trying to get some bodies in the box to help with protection cause the Oline alone can't do it...even with a four man rush.
Your both right

This ^^. The homers will be out in full force if we do anything positive on offense against Nevada, praising Kirk, praising Brian, blah blah. Incarnate Word put up 600 yards of offense against them, they are just awful. It means exactly squat if the offense improves this weekend, as its due to how bad the competition is.
There will not be praising of our offense even if they score 50….maybe some players capture our attention if they can do something, anything in the open field with the ball in their hands. Any praise of the ‘offense’ will be ludicrous.

Yes, everyone knows the opponent got beat by a little school.

yes, they not considered a threat to many on their schedule through 2 games with a new staff

any signs of improvement and a W gives the team and fans alike encouragement…for at least 7 more days. Then it’s 0-0 and some fun opponents coming up.

Go Hawks

Last edited:
I would like to see a strong, dominating running game with some pass completions to loosen the Nevada defense.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Hope-is-a-dangerous-thing.-Hope-can-drive-a-man-insane..jpg

Reactions: OutbackBowl2017
When I think of Iowa’s offense playing worse, week after week, I think of a place that takes away all of my frustration…..

Good stuff to be hopeful for but I would like us to go 4 wide with 2 wide receivers and 2 TEnds (if Keegan and Ragaini are out again). Or go 3 receivers and one tight end spread wide. The tight ends can start out lined up just outside the tackles but then shift out. If the opponent leaves 8 in the box you snap it and throw it to an uncovered receiver but if the defense sends a few guys out to guard the four receivers then you can check to a run or a different pass play.

Right, so give the dline room to beat our slow ass tackles. You realize that playing in a phone booth benefits the Iowa personnel, right?

ADVERTISEMENT