ADVERTISEMENT

I Hurt for America

That last paragraph makes it sound like you don't actually want to have a discussion...
It's not an apt comparison and a waste of time. Primarily because it precludes any reasonable comparison of economic and security factors. Hell, having to be world police, it affects all the sectors.

Last edited:
It's not an apt comparison and a waste of time. Primarily because it precludes any reasonable comparison of economic and security factors.

You're gatekeeping. There are so many variables between any abd all nations that anyone could conceivably make the same statement you did for a myriad of reasons that suit there biases.

Thanks to those of you that liked my initial post.

And thanks to the Devil for resurrecting it after nearly a month of quiet.

You're gatekeeping. There are so many variables between any abd all nations that anyone could conceivably make the same statement you did for a myriad of reasons that suit there biases.
Exactly - no other country that ive been made aware can offer everything the US can. Hence the US is often described as the greatest country on earth. Greatest at everything? Nope. In summation? in my, and many others' opinion? yup.

Exactly - no other country that ive been made aware can offer everything the US can. Hence the US is often described as the greatest country on earth. Greatest at everything? Nope. In summation? in my, and many others' opinion? yup.
I'm not arguing against the US being called the greatest, it's subjective and frankly doesn't matter. I'm just saying that there's no need for you to try to even pretend to want to "have a conversation" when you've clearly stated that it has to abide by your stated parameters.

It's a fine opinion, I just don't understand why you would consider it a waste of time to challenge said opinion. All peoples are going to have a difficult time convincing me that the US isn't in the conversation for the all-time apex of human civilization, but I'm sure as sh!t open to hearing about what others might think is better

Reactions: State of Illinois
I'm not arguing against the US being called the greatest, it's subjective and frankly doesn't matter. I'm just saying that there's no need for you to try to even pretend to want to "have a conversation" when you've clearly stated that it has to abide by your stated parameters.

It's a fine opinion, I just don't understand why you would consider it a waste of time to challenge said opinion. All peoples are going to have a difficult time convincing me that the US isn't in the conversation for the all-time apex of human civilization, but I'm sure as sh!t open to hearing about what others might think is better
It's incredibly subjective, what I value, you may not. However, what I listed were fairly measurable and the person responded by saying the US isn't at the top of them. The challenge is to find a country that would have a cumulative higher score. Many people tend to default to a Nordic country for an example of some factors, but since they cannot compare on several of them, it's a waste of time to discuss them as the cumulative is not close.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
It's a summation. And I'm sure you'd argue the subjective ones in a negative light. But im not going to stop you from choosing misery. Best of luck saving up and moving to wherever is a better fit for you.

But for the sake of discussion, what country(ies) could rank higher in summation?
(And save it if you're going to reference some homogenously populated Nordic country with 10M citizens)
Why would you believe me to be choosing misery? I’m choosing to move towards improvements.

Things were, by and large, better in our own country in decades past, for example. I don’t need to reference anything outside our borders.

Damn, why are you so snowflakey about this? Why does it hurt you to think that America could do better, could be better?

I honestly think for some people, having a perceived liberal suggest America isn’t the best at all things is just too much. Now, an R can literally sloganize that America isn’t currently great, I mean, Make America Great Again is literally implicit that America is not currently great, and that’s okay. But a lib? Nope. Cannot stand for that.

Why would you believe me to be choosing misery? I’m choosing to move towards improvements.

Things were, by and large, better in our own country in decades past, for example. I don’t need to reference anything outside our borders.

Damn, why are you so snowflakey about this? Why does it hurt you to think that America could do better, could be better?
So you can or cant suggest a country thats cumulatively better on a relatively similar scale?

Last edited:
Shut the F&#! up, Chis. You claim to be a veteran and a Patriot, but continue to spew this rhetoric. Why don't you do us all a favor and just MOVE! All you do EVERY.SINGLE.DAY is bitch and moan about our great nation! Am I irritated with a lot of our political landscape and extremist behavior? You bet, I am. I also leave my home each day and interact with WONDERFUL people living as free Americans and do my best to serve my immediate community. Instead of sitting in your basement glued to FoxNews and Twitter, why not get out and serve in a veterans home, a local church-sponsored soup kitchen, hospital or homeless shelter? Then after serving your immediate community, travel. This BEAUTIFUL country has a lot to offer...go meet people that aren't miserable. Beacause...

...You are a miserable human being. Seriously, just move to Canada since you hate it here so badly!

Last edited:
Reactions: 83Hawk
Shut the F&#! up, Chis. You claim to be a veteran and a Patriot, but continue to spew this rhetoric. Why don't you do us all a favor and just MOVE! All you do EVERY.SINGLE.DAY is bitch and moan about our great nation! Am I irritated with a lot of our political landscape and extremist behavior? You bet, I am. I also leave my home each day and interact with WONDERFUL people living as free Americans and do my best to serve my immediate community. Instead of sitting in your basement glued to FoxNews and Twitter, why not get out and serve in a veterans home, a local church-sponsored soup kitchen, hospital or homeless shelter? Then after serving your immediate community, travel. This BEAUTIFUL country has a lot to offer...go meet people that aren't miserable. Beacause...

...You are a miserable human being. Seriously, just move to Canada!
I do a version of all the volunteer shit you just listed and it is EXACTLY that volunteerism that makes me so passionate about wanting this country to address its deep, deep, deep-seeded issues.

I have no idea if this is similar as it relates to Chis, but, similarly anyway, fück you, too. And whatever beverage you might be enjoying. Fück that, too.

Feel better?

Not surprised. Complaints for the sake of complaining.
No, asshole. You don’t get it. Stop being a snowflake. America has very real problems. Does it not? One of which is it struggles to address its problems in large part because those with the power to change them are often completely isolated from them. But also in part to that so many of us are mythologized into believing we’re “the best” — inhibiting out willingness to do whatever work is necessary to make improvements.

I do a version of all the volunteer shit you just listed and it is EXACTLY that volunteerism that makes me so passionate about wanting this country to address its deep, deep, deep-seeded issues.
Same. And we do have deep-seeded issues. Do you feel our country is a "shit hole" and do you feel the need to spew hate towards it daily? Not that I've seen. That's all he does. Hell, even when people agree with him (like I do on Jan 6th), it's NEVER enough. He seems to want everyone raging. Daily.

...but, similarly anyway, fück you, too. And whatever beverage you might be enjoying. Fück that, too.

Feel better?
Much. Thank you. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: State of Illinois
No, asshole. You don’t get it. Stop being a snowflake. America has very real problems. Does it not? One of which is it struggles to address its problems in large part because those with the power to change them are often completely isolated from them. But also in part to that so many of us are mythologized into believing we’re “the best” — inhibiting out willingness to do whatever work is necessary to make improvements.
Between the two of us - only one is being irrational and insulting. So to use your phrase, who's being the "snowflake"?
Again, if the US isnt "the best", please name another country who can cumulatively score higher across the sectors.

Same. And we do have deep-seeded issues. Do you feel our country is a "shit hole" and do you feel the need to spew hate towards it daily? Not that I've seen. That's all he does. Hell, even when people agree with him (like I do on Jan 6th), it's NEVER enough. He seems to want everyone raging. Daily.

WOB?

Not everyone is be cool man.

sipping-tea-andre3000.gif

ADVERTISEMENT