ADVERTISEMENT

"I just don’t know whether there actually was a vote by the Chancellors & Presidents."

uaeu8Jyp99HQSUFq9
wow unbelievable

Fire Warren and bring back Delaney to lead the B1G through the pandemic and the fall sports schedules for all athletes on campuses. Add in approved saliva test by the FDA over the weekend as another reason to play - immediate results with these tests in 15 minutes or less.

Fire Warren and bring back Delaney to lead the B1G through the pandemic and the fall sports schedules for all athletes on campuses. Add in approved saliva test by the FDA over the weekend as another reason to play - immediate results with these tests in 15 minutes or less.

Spending $10 per test sounds way better than the 100 million dollar hit to the AD budget.

saliva test is huge, only realistic way to play football is immediate test or you’re always banking on kids.

It’s like when Bill Snyder retired the first time and his successor did terrible so he had to come back to right the ship. We need Delaney back!!

Delaney would certainly be a strong leader through this crisis but is there any indication he would push in a different direction? Has Warren already sought and received Delaney's counsel? If I was in Warren's shoes, I would have been on a direct line to Delaney all summer long. IDK maybe he was and decided to go his own way.

Delaney would certainly be a strong leader through this crisis but is there any indication he would push in a different direction? Has Warren already sought and received Delaney's counsel? If I was in Warren's shoes, I would have been on a direct line to Delaney all summer long. IDK maybe he was and decided to go his own way.
If you read through this twitter feed, there are evidently reasons to believe that Warren didn’t do those common sense things you would expect he would do.

If you read through this twitter feed, there are evidently reasons to believe that Warren didn’t do those common sense things you would expect he would do.
I'm sorry, I don't know who Bobby Carpenter is or whether his information is reliable but I do agree the B10 should be more forthcoming with information and explanations.

first things first. what’s the process to fire warren? do the presidents have to vote? or ADs?

Reactions: unclesammy
"Big Ten officials conducted such a furtive search, many of Warren’s friends and associates didn’t even know he was a candidate.

“I found out on Twitter (after he got the job),” Michigan athletic director Warde Manuel said. “That’s how tight it was.”

Warren was considered a surprise selection, in part because insiders knew Big Ten athletic directors would push hard for Northwestern’s Jim Phillips, one of their own.

Warren, though, blew away university chancellors and presidents during his interview. They hold the power. And looking back, how could Warren not have been considered an ideal candidate?
Then he leads a company that produced $759 million of revenue in 2018, one with 50 employees and about 10,000 student-athletes.

“This is a spectacular place,” he says.

He wants the Big Ten to take a leadership role on issues such as mental health and wellness, voter registration and financial literacy.

“I want our student-athletes to understand: How does the stock market work?” he says. “What is the Dow Jones Industrial Average? What’s the difference between a stock and a bond? What’s the time value of money?”

As our remaining time whittles away, Warren tells me: “Keep encouraging your kids. Every trip we made, I took them to a college campus. We took Powers to a Blackhawks game and got him a Patrick Kane jersey. He still talks about it.”

To think that a Commissioner (new Commissioner no-less) overruled a majority of Presidents is silly. There was a vote - or at least a consensus, and that's how they went. Just like every every big decision the league makes. Stop believing everything you read online about vote count.

They aren't going to say there was a vote because the next question would be what the result of the vote was. My guess it was probably close. But they needed to come out with a single message - again just like every big decision the league makes.

And to think that I didn't like Delaney because he added Maryland and Rutgers. Warren ended the FB season with his first major decision.

I told you Warren should fired and was called a racist. I am not a racist but Warren is an idiot who never should have been hired.
You were called a racist because you made a racist statement:

kcgolfer said:
Warren should be fired but he won’t be because he’s black. His only qualification for the job in the first place.
BTW, why did you delete the above post?​

I know what is going on with the Penn State AD. She learned from her predecessor that you have to claim ignorance whenever anything controversial comes up.

She knew, don't let her fool you. All presidents voted.

Reactions: DavidHawk324
after a lot of careful consideration and vigorous debate commissioner Warren won the game of rock, paper, scissors that decided it.

Reactions: intrepodor
Either Warren decided by himself or those deciding didn't expect the outrage and/or other leagues moving forward with playing. Now they don't want to own up.

It almost sounds like they no longer want to own the vote they took. "Vote? what vote?" What a situation

You were called a racist because you made a racist statement:

kcgolfer said:

Warren should be fired but he won’t be because he’s black. His only qualification for the job in the first place.

BTW, why did you delete the above post?​
Truth. I didn’t delete anything.

An AD of one of the programs is not even aware there was a vote? Hard to imagine he's the only one.

This new politically-driven commissioner has managed to turn this whole situation into an epic embarrassment.
I keep reading that Warren is politically motivated. Honest question, what evidence is there for that claim?

I know what is going on with the Penn State AD. She learned from her predecessor that you have to claim ignorance whenever anything controversial comes up.

She knew, don't let her fool you. All presidents voted.

I do wonder whether some of the presidents and ADs are saying this no vote stuff to seek shelter. If I am a big time donor to PSU and know they voted ‘No’ to play, I may let them know I’m withholding donations for awhile. It is easier for PSU, MN, whoever to advocate not to play without having an on the record vote to be held against them.

Would love for one of the schools that wants to play to start leaking where each of the presidents stood.

I do wonder whether some of the presidents and ADs are saying this no vote stuff to seek shelter. If I am a big time donor to PSU and know they voted ‘No’ to play, I may let them know I’m withholding donations for awhile. It is easier for PSU, MN, whoever to advocate not to play without having an on the record vote to be held against them.

Would love for one of the schools that wants to play to start leaking where each of the presidents stood.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT