ADVERTISEMENT

I just watched Jimbo's presser LIVE

"...we never bought anybody, no rules were broken, nothing was done wrong"

All technically true (in all likelihood) and thereby highlighting the glaring problem.

Sooner (hopefully) or later a governing body with authority and power to act - whether that be the NCAA, a new collegiate consortium, or the conferences themselves - will have to enact rules and regulations around NIL compensation.

I have no idea who the collectives are , so You dont know the interactions of Your incoming Players with Boosters or People who are supporting the Program LMAO , Sgt Schultz Presser lol

"...we never bought anybody, no rules were broken, nothing was done wrong"

All technically true (in all likelihood) and thereby highlighting the glaring problem.

Sooner (hopefully) or later a governing body with authority and power to act - whether that be the NCAA, a new collegiate consortium, or the conferences themselves - will have to enact rules and regulations around NIL compensation.
Not sure the toothpaste can be put back into the tube at this point, unless there is some sort of collective bargaining agreement that is developed to manage the relationship between players and schools. But I don't think the schools are going to sign up for that type of relationship.

If anything is done, it would have to be the schools/conferences coming together. But they would also have to agree to give the governing body the power to investigate, dole out punishment, etc. I see no way the power schools agreeing to this.

Reactions: Simbahawk4
Not sure the toothpaste can be put back into the tube at this point, unless there is some sort of collective bargaining agreement that is developed to manage the relationship between players and schools. But I don't think the schools are going to sign up for that type of relationship.

If anything is done, it would have to be the schools/conferences coming together. But they would also have to agree to give the governing body the power to investigate, dole out punishment, etc. I see no way the power schools agreeing to this.
Give me the tube and I'll make it work.........................

So, Jimbo is basically saying now with NIL we are doing things legal that Saban has been doing under the table for years. Good stuff.

Oct. 9 — Alabama at Texas A&M, must-watch TV.
A modern-day Spurrier vs Bowden. At least that aspect of CFB hasn't been killed off yet.

I think there are ways to cut down on what is happening if the want to regulate it. Right now they just aren't even enforcing the rules they do have like boosters can't recruit and you tampering etc.

I think there are ways to cut down on what is happening if the want to regulate it. Right now they just aren't even enforcing the rules they do have like boosters can't recruit and you tampering etc.
It's pretty easy. Punish the schools big time if a booster gets caught doing something against rules. And ban person from all NCAA events for life

People will think twice about cheating if they know getting caught will have every single fan of their team hate them forever....

If you put the decisions in the hands of the college presidents, I believe you get about 90% of the way there. Then find a way to persuade the other 10% to join the collective. Some compromise or concessions may be required to get something in place. Then build on that. Frankly, if an overwhelming majority of college presidents would be in favor of such a structure there are ways to apply pressure to the holdouts.

And to think we’ve got folks in our fanbase that want Kirk gone. I don’t care how much Iowa wins. I don’t care if Iowa wins national championships. If it’s not done right…if it’s sleazy, deceitful and shady then I’m not interested.
I assume you don't watch the cfp or final four bball?

And to think we’ve got folks in our fanbase that want Kirk gone. I don’t care how much Iowa wins. I don’t care if Iowa wins national championships. If it’s not done right…if it’s sleazy, deceitful and shady then I’m not interested.
You’d be naive if you think Iowa isn’t doing some of these things too.

Meh - let the rule breakers/abusers do their thing, win their "Championships" like they have for decades. It may be a few new faces now with the NIL effect, but same result: a few top teams (for whatever reason) rule the roost w/r to NC's. Who cares? You can win a NC by breaking/bending the rules to get an unfair advantage? Gee, I'm impressed (/sarcasm).

I haven't paid any attention to the CFB NC in....ever for this very reason. Maybe this will be enough to drive some sense into a few more CFB fans. Probably not though... too many Neanderthals who just want to chug crappy beer and say "me want NC for team I support". Like the people here seeing teams break the rules and asking "why aren't we?" Maybe because we have a little more dignity and care more about living an ethical life? I'll never fail to be amazed that people can enjoy winning something by cheating....they didn't "win" shit if they cheated.

/rant

So, Jimbo is basically saying now with NIL we are doing things legal that Saban has been doing under the table for years. Good stuff.

Oct. 9 — Alabama at Texas A&M, must-watch TV.
Texas A&M plays @ Alabama on October 8 this year. You must have looked at last years schedule.

Jimbo Fisher took his notes straight from Hugh Freeze circa 2013-2017.
Big anger, daring people to prove that he is cheating, crazy talk, etc.

Hopefully it ends up the same way for Jimbo. Sitting with a former player on National tv admitting that they cheated. Jimbo is complete scum. Hopefully hookers will be involved this time too. Lol

Since I despise all of the Florida schools, I guess I should thank Jimbo for running Florida State into the ground though.

For example: The Schools that got caught up in basketball scandal (that has yet to be fully rectified)

Does any of that crap even matter now that the NIL deal is available?
Hasn’t the horse left the Barn?

The thing about Fisher, is that he DID do what Saban said he did. A&M did secure their #1 class almost exclusively with NIL deals. And doing that IS NOT what NIL was created for, nor is it how NIL was to be used. Just as Saban pointed out. Fisher is up there acting all hurt and offended, but what Saban said is correct.

Last edited:

Let the top schools go form their own NIL conference, the others can create a true D1 and true playoff. With NIL the parity will cease to make any progress.

Reactions: ChosenChildren

There's already an organization designed to do that. It's called the NCAA. The fact that there's been no announcement of an effort by them to take those steps means the schools, conferences, and state legislatures are hopelessly split on the issue. At least for now.

It's pretty easy. Punish the schools big time if a booster gets caught doing something against rules. And ban person from all NCAA events for life

People will think twice about cheating if they know getting caught will have every single fan of their team hate them forever....
Yeah? Who is going to dole out that punishment to these blue bloods? The NCAA? Get serious. The only way this will get under control is if the University Presidents get together and get these programs associated with their schools under control.

Yeah? Who is going to dole out that punishment to these blue bloods? The NCAA? Get serious. The only way this will get under control is if the University Presidents get together and get these programs associated with their schools under control.
If you're gonna think like that, then I assume you want zero rules zero anything i guess....

Who cares what presidents do?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT