ADVERTISEMENT

"I know enough to play a song. I might know enough to write a song." -DL Dalles Jacobus

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Iowa defensive lineman Dalles Jacobus never set out to have a career in country music. But after learning guitar and how to write songs while injured, it seems as if his hobby could lead him to a career with no limits.

The link to the cool Sports Illustrated Story:

https://www.si.com/college/iowa/football/jacobus-country-music-071720

EdI1F1BWkAE_nt7

Very cool.

at the same time did anyone else find the whole Petras guitar thing strange during the game last Saturday? Buddies and I were all like, “huh?”

Cool, hope he makes it big as it would be fun to see the Tigerhawk in Nashville....but Country music isn’t an easy business....a lot of people who have spent their whole careers there only to peak at playing in a bar on Broadway....so I have my doubts...

Cool, hope he makes it big as it would be fun to see the Tigerhawk in Nashville....but Country music isn’t an easy business....a lot of people who have spent their whole careers there only to peak at playing in a bar on Broadway....so I have my doubts...
Jesus give the kid some slack! He's got more talent than Florida Georgia line,Blake Shelton my God those guys are superstars. Go get em kid!

Jesus give the kid some slack! He's got more talent than Florida Georgia line,Blake Shelton my God those guys are superstars. Go get em kid!
Jees, where did that come from? I mean good for a Hawk and all, but FGL, and Blake Shelton who has had like 35 #1 hits on the country chart. Slow your roll there Wads.....

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
Jees, where did that come from? I mean good for a Hawk and all, but FGL, and Blake Shelton who has had like 35 #1 hits on the country chart. Slow your roll there Wads.....
Ok all im saying is I think this kid's better singer than those guys that's all I am saying.Not trying to make a big deal out of it. The fan bases they have are enormous I just think this kids more talented that's it.

Ok all im saying is I think this kid's better singer than those guys that's all I am saying.Not trying to make a big deal out of it. The fan bases they have are enormous I just think this kids more talented that's it.
I guess thats open for debate, although I'm not sure how we can tell he's a better singer then a guy who has been up for TEN grammy's based off a couple of grainy you tube videos. It takes a lot more to play in that deep end of the pool and its a Loooonnnggg struggle for most. After Blake hit the charts with Austin his career hung around for 15 years before he started blasting the charts consistantly and released 17 straight number one hits on the chart. It takes perseverence, charisma, marketability, and good song writers, either yourself or others who will put their trust in you. Good luck to Dallas. Once a Hawk, Always........As for FGL there more like Kane Brown, (who I actually like quite a few of his songs), more crossover pop country..

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT