ADVERTISEMENT

I lost my hero this week.

billanole

HR Legend
Mar 5, 2005
Dang, three on a match, or more, is likely.
A close cousin died early in the a.m. and my mom late in the night on the same day recently. Several other older family folks and a brother are close to leaving this life. It is mostly expected, as they have had good, long, fruitful lives, but it kinda feels like piling on has entered our space.
Mom was a force of nature as a school teacher, mentor to every stray who came along, and a leader of our large, far flung family.
RIP in Peace, y’all. Dang.

Ironic huh, the pain of losing a loved one is the simple fact they were loved. Unfortunately, I don't think one exists without the other. You will soon discover that the love stays and the pain fades. In the interim, I hope you and your family find peace.

Reactions: billanole
A close cousin died early in the a.m. and my mom late in the night on the same day recently. Several other older family folks and a brother are close to leaving this life. It is mostly expected, as they have had good, long, fruitful lives, but it kinda feels like piling on has entered our space.
Mom was a force of nature as a school teacher, mentor to every stray who came along, and a leader of our large, far flung family.
So sorry for your loss. No matter your age, things are never the same when your parents are gone. Cherish them while they're here even if they drive you crazy sometimes.

You know what sounds weird. "Please accept my condolences."

Condolences. Please accept them.

Sorry for your loss billanole, that has to be an incredibly tough week. Sounds like your Mom left a lasting impression on you as I am sure she did the rest of your large far-flung family. Hope the entire family is able to enjoy a great celebration of your Moms life when you come together. RIP bill's Mom

Last edited:
Thinking of you and yours

Ironic huh, the pain of losing a loved one is the simple fact they were loved. Unfortunately, I don't think one exists without the other. You will soon discover that the love stays and the pain fades. In the interim, I hope you and your family find peace.
Well spoken. Thanks for the note.

Reactions: SoFla-Hawkeye
Sorry to hear that bill.
Thanks, Belem. Mom was a saucy gal who taught school for many moons and demanded the best from all she encountered. She greeted her classes on the first day with the declaration that, “This is not a democracy, but rather a benevolent dictatorship.”
Join family, friends, and myriad students as we celebrate and say, “Long live the (self proclaimed) wicked witch of the third floor” at her high school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT