ADVERTISEMENT

I missed it, we lost a transfer to Duke? UK? Michigan? No, the b-ball powerhouse which is Ole Miss!

Roy L Fuchs

HR MVP
Nov 23, 2012
The next guy might choose the Davenport YMCA over us. F’n embarrassing. This program will no doubt continue its streak of not making it past the first weekend of the tourney. It’s doubtful to even make the tourney next season. 23 years and counting with no Sweet 16 appearance boys! At least we don’t have to change any of our weekend plans in March each year. Shit program covered in a mucus plug covered in shit. Complete irrelevance in basketball and truly laughable.

The next guy might choose the Davenport YMCA over us. F’n embarrassing. This program will no doubt continue its streak of not making it past the first weekend of the tourney. It’s doubtful to even make the tourney next season. 23 years and counting with no Sweet 16 appearance boys! At least we don’t have to change any of our weekend plans in March each year. Shit program covered in a mucus plug covered in shit. Complete irrelevance in basketball and truly laughable.
Leistkow wrote that an NIL deal was in there from the other school. Unlike you I am not embarrased

Could happen I suppose. What kind of NIL program has the Y put together?

If iowa is going to compete especially in basketball NIL is where it's at. Football you can still get a decent handful of guys that just want to play...reason why we mostly hit on 3 star guys... in basketball 2 dudes and 3 role players can get you to the second weekend of tourney

Relax Roy

Roy’s weekend plans for March 2023:

1) Go to Hawkeye Report
2) Spam it with a bunch of nonsense
3) Repeat

Roy’s weekend plans will remain unchanged and Iowa’s results will have no effect on them.

Like Tom said, it’s funny how people are freaking out about losing a guy that they hadn’t even heard of a week ago.

He stayed close to home, realize that plays a big part in their decision and get over it

That's a possibility, Carver is almost 40 years old, the Davenport YMCA is less then a year old, big difference!

My question is...where does Creigton find the money?
Pretty sure Warren Buffett is a booster to both them and Nebraska. Also, Jesuit's LOVE their basketball--there's a reason the Big East + Gonzaga, St Mary's, Loyola, etc have all had a lot of success at small colleges in sometimes "bad" locations for recruiting.

Pretty sure Warren Buffett is a booster to both them and Nebraska. Also, Jesuit's LOVE their basketball--there's a reason the Big East + Gonzaga, St Mary's, Loyola, etc have all had a lot of success at small colleges in sometimes "bad" locations for recruiting.

Thanks for the knowledge! Well, what the heck. Don't we have some rich boosters living in the Chicago-land area? Tippie College of Business alumni?

It's been a long time, Roy. I know it was traumatic, I know you were just a kid, but you gotta let it go...

tumblr_oaikxeTeUV1tlb56zo1_400.gifv

Lot of money amongst Creighton grads and with all the Fortune 500 companies in Omaha. Most of the big money here supports Creighton basketball versus Nebraska. I’d be shocked if Mr. Frugal / Value Investor Warren Buffett was contributing though. Guy was still driving a 2006 Cadillac until a few years ago

Did ANYONE really think this Boob was gonna close some deals for any big name guys.....hahahaha.....he is even a worse recruiter than coach if that is possible.....he and Ferments still watch VHS tapes at home. Iowa simply does not worry about Next Level in athletics...and its PATHETIC!!!

Nevertheless, there has to be some well off Iowa grads who are emotionally invested in seeing the Hawks thrive and succeed. Time to step up or watch us fall further behind! We are already competing on an uneven playing field given the stance some of the big boys have taken (We dare you to do anything about our cheating!), so we either play the game or close up shop.

You know, at first I thought threads like this were worthless, but I suppose they do help to identify trolls and irrationals so I suppose it might help some to save some time in the future.

i love this guy! but i wouldn't doubt he's a paid member of the staff... gotta keep clicks up. he's the perfect remedy for lethargy.

its like hrot back in the day with stevenpatrick, everyone hated that guy... but he kept things interesting. just ask torbee.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Im as as hard on recruiting as anybody, but this was a southern kid staying in the south.

images

You need a new hobby. Obviously being fan of the Hawkeyes is too much for you.

The same part of the fanbase complaining about Iowa not getting Theo have been complaining that Fran is not contacting players in the portal. They will find something to complain about.

Reactions: Willin
Honestly I'm good with keeping our integrity intact. NIL is about to come out with guidelines. Not sure how they will handle all these players getting hundreds of thousands of dollars from boosters, but if they pass out violations, then Iowa made the right move to slow play this.

Reactions: 1911_Bandit
Ole Miss. A school that I didn't even know had a basketball team landed someone to NIL and we're talking about how there needs to be an even playing field? Any school or booster could cough up the change for a recruit. NIL has evened the playing field if anything.

Ole Miss. A school that I didn't even know had a basketball team landed someone to NIL and we're talking about how there needs to be an even playing field? Any school or booster could cough up the change for a recruit. NIL has evened the playing field if anything.
disagree...especially when it comes to the top tier recruits.
The ole miss player was an outlier. im guessing the NIL wasn't the sole reason for his choice.
All i know is if it continues down this path us Hawk fans better get used to mediocrity.(well we already kinda are)

Reactions: K OKeefe
Royally ****ed again

you’re my favorite Troll Roy Boy….. you make me laugh 😂

Kids choose the schools they do for all kinds of reasons, many of which no coach can do anything about. Some kids like the water. Some like the coeds. Some want a place that reminds them of home. Mississippi is more like Alabama than Iowa is, for example. Some, for real, like the academics. And sure, some like the NIL money.

So unless a coach is lazy, and Fran is not, it's tough to criticize a guy because players don't choose the Hawkeyes. And let's be realistic: Iowa will field a basketball team next year no matter what names are on the roster. And no one will ever know what contributions players who choose not to come to Iowa City might have had. So keep calm and carry on.

Reactions: 1911_Bandit
Reading between the lines, you seem to be upset by this.

You know, when you start these recruiting threads without understanding what actually is happening/happened, a few good things usually start happening for us.

Lol. You crave attention, don’t ya, Outrage Roy? 😆

I JUST WANT A DAMN LEGITIMATE BASKETBALL PROGRAM!! Our b-ball program has been a joke for 30+ years.
A joke? No. Periods of ineptness (Lickliter)? Absolutely. Mediocre years? Of course. Disappointing NCAA tournament performances? No question. But to say it’s been “a joke for 30+ years” is ridiculous.

Look, my first real taste of Iowa basketball was as a little kid in the ‘80s, with BJ, Horton, Marble, Lohaus, Gamble, etc., so I get it. I think all of us hope for a little more, but there is a happy medium (where reality exists) between fantasies of being the Tar Heels of the Midwest and claiming the program has been straight trash for over thirty years. Why you choose the latter is beyond me.

Yes, Iowa basketball should be more, but if you’re actually serious with these “Iowa basketball is worse than infected gorilla 🦍 ass” threads you randomly start from one month to whenever you next get a wild hair, then you need to get a grip and chill.

ADVERTISEMENT