ADVERTISEMENT

I missed it, we lost a transfer to Duke? UK? Michigan? No, the b-ball powerhouse which is Ole Miss!

Why because he wants and expects more from the Hawkeyes men's basketball program than you do?
No, because he can't find a single thing he has been happy with for thirty years with this shit program and yet he still follows them and feels the need to express his pain to the rest of us. That's a long time to self flagellate for a sports team you hate. I would suggest getting some professional help to ween yourself off Iowa basketball, which seems to be the bane of your existence.

The next guy might choose the Davenport YMCA over us. F’n embarrassing. This program will no doubt continue its streak of not making it past the first weekend of the tourney. It’s doubtful to even make the tourney next season. 23 years and counting with no Sweet 16 appearance boys! At least we don’t have to change any of our weekend plans in March each year. Shit program covered in a mucus plug covered in shit. Complete irrelevance in basketball and truly laughable.
There you go again. For Fuchs sake man give your negativity a rest for a while.

Reactions: iahawks10
Why because he wants and expects more from the Hawkeyes men's basketball program than you do?
There is nothing wrong with expecting more. What I have an issue with is the over the top freak outs that don’t acknowledge any of the good. If you can’t say winning the Big Ten was a good season, you need help.

Reactions: 1911_Bandit
I always though Alford was kind of cheesy when he claimed he won the B1G Championship by winning the BTT. I would reserve that for finishing first the conference standings. Not going to be hypocritical now by changing my mind, but you have to admit, it was quite the accomplishment for a team that was picked 9-10th in the league, and any Hawk fan that didn't enjoy and celebrate it have only to watch the player's reactions after beating Purdue.

Wants more? Absolutely. Wouldn't be much of fan if you did want more.

Expects more? Based on what? How can you expect more from something that you have no control over? It's like expecting better weather and being pissed when it doesn't happen.

Wants more? Absolutely. Wouldn't be much of fan if you did want more.

Expects more? Based on what? How can you expect more from something that you have no control over? It's like expecting better weather and being pissed when it doesn't happen.

2a6556de3969141b8006024f2d14873e.png

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
I always though Alford was kind of cheesy when he claimed he won the B1G Championship by winning the BTT. I would reserve that for finishing first the conference standings. Not going to be hypocritical now by changing my mind, but you have to admit, it was quite the accomplishment for a team that was picked 9-10th in the league, and any Hawk fan that didn't enjoy and celebrate it have only to watch the player's reactions after beating Purdue.
I've always thought the same, but now I figure, if we consider the winner of the football B1G championship game the conference champion, why not the same out of the basketball conference championship game? Helps me sleep at night at least!

Reactions: Ronman
A joke? No. Periods of ineptness (Lickliter)? Absolutely. Mediocre years? Of course. Disappointing NCAA tournament performances? No question. But to say it’s been “a joke for 30+ years” is ridiculous.

Look, my first real taste of Iowa basketball was as a little kid in the ‘80s, with BJ, Horton, Marble, Lohaus, Gamble, etc., so I get it. I think all of us hope for a little more, but there is a happy medium (where reality exists) between fantasies of being the Tar Heels of the Midwest and claiming the program has been straight trash for over thirty years. Why you choose the latter is beyond me.

Yes, Iowa basketball should be more, but if you’re actually serious with these “Iowa basketball is worse than infected gorilla 🦍 ass” threads you randomly start from one month to whenever you next get a wild hair, then you need to get a grip and chill.
Having a potential top 10 lottery pick & winning a big 10 championship sure does feel nice!

ADVERTISEMENT