ADVERTISEMENT

I really think we can break 50K by the end of 2025!!!

LOL...then walk the walk. But that would require that you recognize we created the conditions for this by consigning those populations to ghettos. And you will NEVER do that.
Is 'we' suppose to include me?

I mean, I know it includes you, but how did I get mixed up in your affairs?..............and why wasn't I properly informed about this at the time this was all taking place?

How dare you exclude me from the decision-making process that went into said transgressions, for which I am now being lumped into and accused of along with you and countless "others" (well, not countless but still)................

Lol at you some more. What "hood" did you live in?

This will be good.
I already gave you what street I lived on but the neighborhood is known as the "west end" in Davenport. In the 90s it had one of the highest violent crime rates, per capita, in the nation.

You want to take a ride to where I'm from Riley? I would laugh my ass off watching you interacting with some of those people.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
You do realize I still go back to the neighborhood and still talk with a few of my friends right?

I said that because you tried to take a pot shot at me only learning "hate" and how to "steal". I've learned many, many things. Keep back pedeling though.

Part of understanding them is understanding how many excuses they make every single day. Yes, there are people who are dealt a bad hand but in America, if you work your ass off and hold yourself accountable, you WILL improve your situation. That doesn't always mean going from Rockingham road to a half million dollar acreage in western Dallas County but it does mean getting your back off the mat. Could I be more understanding and sympathetic, absolutely, but the last person I'm ever going to make an excuse for is myself.

Wow, you're still trying to show how successful you are. You're even to the point you're telling what street you grew up on and how expensive your house is. Of course you go back to the neighborhood, it makes you feel good because you got out and they didn't. I'm sure you love to hear all the excuses they have, again that makes you feel good. I see the theme here, it's all about you. You're right, you have no sympathy or empathy. I have a relative like you that became financially successful and constantly tells everyone how he/she made these great decisions in life and he/she did it all on their own. I know that wasn't true, this person sold drugs for a few years, stole, and then got lucky and something he/she owned made a lot of money. To this day that person won't acknowledge others and because of it, refuses to care about anyone but himself/herself. This person also loves to get together with old friends just to see how bad the other person's life is.

I already gave you what street I lived on but the neighborhood is known as the "west end" in Davenport. In the 90s it had one of the highest violent crime rates, per capita, in the nation.

You want to take a ride to where I'm from Riley? I would laugh my ass off watching you interacting with some of those people.
GFY - been there many times. The "hood". Lol. Try the near west side of Chicago for comparison. You have no idea.

I had more black friends than white friends at some of my birthday parties when I was young. You hold no high ground with any of the bullshit you're spewing.

GFY - been there many times. The "hood". Lol. Try the near west side of Chicago for comparison. You have no idea.

I had more black friends than white friends at some of my birthday parties when I was young. You hold no high ground with any of the bullshit you're spewing.
Haha. You grew up on the shitty side.of Chicago or you have been there cuz I'm from the west end not been there dipshit? Good attempt at a one up Riley.

You have been to the west end many times? You mean you drove down river drive to a baseball game, or you mean you have been out walking the streets after dark, going up the hill?

What part of most of my friends and neighbors were black makes you think all of our block/birthday parties were not primarily POC?

You from Chicago Riley?

I call 100% bullshit on you, you lying sack of shit.

Last edited:
Wow, you're still trying to show how successful you are. You're even to the point you're telling what street you grew up on and how expensive your house is. Of course you go back to the neighborhood, it makes you feel good because you got out and they didn't. I'm sure you love to hear all the excuses they have, again that makes you feel good. I see the theme here, it's all about you. You're right, you have no sympathy or empathy. I have a relative like you that became financially successful and constantly tells everyone how he/she made these great decisions in life and he/she did it all on their own. I know that wasn't true, this person sold drugs for a few years, stole, and then got lucky and something he/she owned made a lot of money. To this day that person won't acknowledge others and because of it, refuses to care about anyone but himself/herself. This person also loves to get together with old friends just to see how bad the other person's life is.
That's a hell of a narrative you created there. I go back because one of my best friends still lives there, not to judge him as your petty ass does, but to go spend time with him.

That's a hell of a narrative you created there. I go back because one of my best friends still lives there, not to judge him as your petty ass does, but to go spend time with him.

You sounds like a really great friend. I'm sure he loves having you show up and talk about your wonderful house and how great you're doing. I'm sure he loves having you come by. Did you give him your street address or just the county, you wouldn't want him showing up at your front door.

You sounds like a really great friend. I'm sure he loves having you show up and talk about your wonderful house and how great you're doing. I'm sure he loves having you come by. Did you give him your street address or just the county, you wouldn't want him showing up at your front door.
Damn you have gone into shut down mode to protect your ego. I show up to hang out and spend time with him and his kids. We bullshit about old times and how things have changed. He is my friend, one of my oldest friends, he knows anything that I have is his in a moments notice if he ever needed it.

Haha. You grew up on the shitty side.of Chicago or you have been there cuz I'm from the west end not been there dipshit? Good attempt at a one up Riley.

What part of most of my friends and neighbors were black makes you think all of our block/birthday parties were not primarily POC?

You from Chicago Riley?
I'm laughing at your attempt to claim the West End of Davenport is the "hood". You have no idea.

I did not grow up in Chicago but I know it well - and the West End too. You're a hack.

Damn you have gone into shut down mode to protect your ego. I show up to hang out and spend time with him and his kids. We bullshit about old times and how things have changed. He is my friend, one of my oldest friends, he knows anything that I have is his in a moments notice if he ever needed it.

I think this is all about your ego. You're the one who keeps bringing up how you're a success story. You've mentioned it here over and over, there's no way you don't bring it up when talking to others.

I'm laughing at your attempt to claim the West End of Davenport is the "hood". You have no idea.
Any Davenporters want to chime in on the west end not being a ghetto in the 90s.

@torbee, little help here.

This shit is about today and the west end is a cupcake compared to what it used to be, take a lap pisspants.

I did not grow up in Chicago but I know it well - and the West End too. You're a hack.

You don't have a ****ing clue of what you are talking about. Take a ****ing lap Riley.

I think this is all about your ego. You're the one who keeps bringing up how you're a success story. You've mentioned it here over and over, there's no way you don't bring it up when talking to others.
You have gone from calling me trash to creating a false narrative about how I interact with friends I have had for more than 30 years.

Next time, instead of jumping in and thinking you know shit about shit, have a conversation.

Any Davenporters want to chime in on the west end not being a ghetto in the 90s.

You don't have a ****ing clue of what you are talking about. Take a ****ing lap Riley.
The West End of Davenport has been economically challenged for decades.

But soon that will be a thing of the past as gun restrictions are lifted and abortions banned! YAY 'MERICA!

It's his insecurity showing through.

Reactions: SB_SB

But soon that will be a thing of the past as gun restrictions are lifted and abortions banned! YAY 'MERICA!
You are going to have to make it a little more clear for Riley.

Was the west end of davenport specifically the Hayes neighborhood, across from that beautiful garden district, a "ghetto" in the 90s? And even today would it be considered a "ghetto". (Granted most of the action is now more central.)

This shit is about today and the west end is a cupcake compared to what it used to be, take a lap pisspants.

Again - GFY. Your attempt to claim, as a white kid from the west end of Davenport, that you overcame "the ghetto" and oppression like black people have is complete bullshit. GTFO with that nonsense.

Would you call it a "ghetto" on par with others? Do you agree that a white kid from the west end of Davenport is at the same level of disadvantage as a black kid from a real ghetto?

Hell, do you think the west end of Davenport is even as bad as Rock Island?

Again - GFY. Your attempt to claim, as a white kid from the west end of Davenport, that you overcame "the ghetto" and oppression like black people have is complete bullshit. GTFO with that nonsense.
Truth hurts eh bud. You just can't recognize that someone actually made it out because they didn't make excuses and are a unrelenting/ uncompromising asshole.

Let me know when you get done reading the statistics.

That smell you are smelling, are my balls dragging across your face.

Claim Chicago again bitch boy.
I didn't and what balls? All I see is you trying a really strange flex about being disadvantaged. You've been exposed, again.

BTW, I never had any problems walking to the taverns on Rockingham in the 90s. You're really full of shit.

Truth hurts eh bud. You just can't recognize that someone actually made it out because they didn't make excuses and are a unrelenting/ uncompromising asshole.

Let me know when you get done reading the statistics.
"Made it out" of the west end of Davenport. LOL Your self fellating is comical.

Most. Insecure. Poster.

Exposed? Where? When everything I've said is true and I even gave you stats?
I didn't and what balls? All I see is you trying a really strange flex about being disadvantaged. You've been exposed, again.

BTW, I never had any problems walking to the taverns on Rockingham in the 90s. You're really full of shit.
What ****ing bars did you go in on rock? I don't remember anything your speed.

You are going to have to make it a little more clear for Riley.

Was the west end of davenport specifically the Hayes neighborhood, across from that beautiful garden district, a "ghetto" in the 90s? And even today would it be considered a "ghetto". (Granted most of the action is now more central.)
More white-trashy down there (And I feel comfortable saying that, as my mom grew up on Homestead Avenue in the Garden Addition and I speak from experience spending a lot of my youth down there) but if not an outright ghetto, definitely the "wrong side of the tracks."

I havn't worried about being shot in 50 years, now I'm getting that feeling once again.
Kind of weird that you now live in a country more heavily armed than South Vietnam was during the war. And, maybe as edgy.

Reactions: torbee
"Made it out" of the west end of Davenport. LOL Your self fellating is comical.

Most. Insecure. Poster.
If being "insecure" is what gave me the "ill work myself to death before I ever let my family see what broke really looks like" then color me insecure, but your the bitch ass claiming Chicago, minimizing the ghettoness of the highest crime rate in the state and national high percentile, just because you want to die on the hill that black people have such a tougher time getting out of the hood than white people. Cuz your a loser....

Man someone has watched Boyz in the Hood one to many times. The mean street of Davenport. That's funny as hell

Reactions: SB_SB
More white-trashy down there (And I feel comfortable saying that, as my mom grew up on Homestead Avenue in the Garden Addition and I speak from experience spending a lot of my youth down there) but if not an outright ghetto, definitely the "wrong side of the tracks."
Thank you. And it's a cupcake today compared to what it used to be.

#richgrandparents.

You have gone from calling me trash to creating a false narrative about how I interact with friends I have had for more than 30 years.

Next time, instead of jumping in and thinking you know shit about shit, have a conversation.

Nothing is false, it's everything you've said. Just two different views of the same situation. Are these the same friends that you listen to their excuses for why they haven't achieved what you have? I love where you're trying to learn from them since they're failures in your eyes. Yep, you're a good friend.

Exposed? Where? When everything I've said is true and I even gave you stats?

What ****ing bars did you go in on rock? I don't remember anything your speed.
Several corner taverns, the VFW was down there. Walked to the Aldi on Rolff. I don't think many of the bars are still there. FIL liked the taverns and we visited fairly often. Never once felt unsafe down there.

You go to Pershing and 14th - now you're talking about dangerous.

Trying to compare yourself to a black person born into the poverty of a real ghetto is absurd.

Is 'we' suppose to include me?

I mean, I know it includes you, but how did I get mixed up in your affairs?..............and why wasn't I properly informed about this at the time this was all taking place?

How dare you exclude me from the decision-making process that went into said transgressions, for which I am now being lumped into and accused of along with you and countless "others" (well, not countless but still)................
"We" are the white majority who forced blacks into segregated project housing in the 30's breaking up integrated city neighborhoods.

"We" are the white majority who created the precursor to the FHA in that same decade to loan money to prospective home-buyers but specifically excluded blacks from the program allowing whites to move out of the city and begin building wealth while leaving people of color behind.

"We" are the white majority who through redlining refused to loan money to inner-city blacks so they could buy the housing that remained, and refused to loan them money so they could create businesses in their own neighborhoods. That money went to white people who bought up those properties and allowed them to crumble into slums and established what businesses existed while siphoning all profits out of the neighborhoods that generated them.

"We" are the white majority that created the GI Bill to encourage veterans to buy homes, create businesses, and further their educations but denied those benefits to black veterans.

"We" are the white majority who created impediments to voting that prevented those people from electing politicians who could have addressed those issues 70 years ago.

"We" are the white majority who, through urban planning, then cut those poor neighborhoods off from the functional parts of the cities they lived in by running highways along their perimeters.

You don't get to say "I didn't do it so fvck off" any more than the people trapped in those situationss "we" created can say it. They have to live with the consequences of what "we" did then. So do we.

If your 23AndMe established that you're 1/8 black because a great-grandfather you never met happened to be black then I suppose "we" doesn't include you.

Last edited:
Good description.

What other areas would you compare it to?

Several corner taverns, the VFW was down there. Walked to the Aldi on Rolff. I don't think many of the bars are still there. FIL liked the taverns and we visited fairly often. Never once felt unsafe down there.

Trying to compare yourself to a black person born into the poverty of a real ghetto is absurd.
They are all still there. Even herbs, the Nickle, gunchies ect. You are full of shit.

Man someone has watched Boyz in the Hood one to many times. The mean street of Davenport. That's funny as hell
There are sections of Davenport as bad as many of the worst areas of West and South Chicago. Hell, lots of family members commute back and forth between the two of them. Same with the west side of Rock Island.

The vfw.... **** me... you don't even know the west end.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT