ADVERTISEMENT

I really thought this was a joke!

87alum87

All-Conference
Aug 28, 2009
Dahinda, IL
From a caption of today's practice pictures.

"Iowa Hawkeyes Moon Family head football coach Kirk Ferentz talks with offensive coordinator Brian Ferentz
during spring football practice at the Hansen Football Performance Center in Iowa City"

How long will this Moon Family title embarrassment last?

Can Ferentz offset his generosity to the Children's Hospital to buy-out this nonsense?

If you're gonna read the corporate web site, they're gonna credit their corporate sponsors.

Do you also think they should just say "the football building", rather than the Hansen Football Performance Center?

"Iowa Hawkeyes Turner Family head football coaches pants were crisply pressed next to offensive coordinator Brian Ferentz
during spring football practice at the Hansen Football Performance Center in Iowa City"

Can Ferentz offset his generosity to the Children's Hospital to buy-out this nonsense?
This is where it is headed....

"Iowa Hawkeyes Moon Family head football coach Kirk Ferentz talks with offensive coordinator Brian Ferentz

"Iowa Hawkeyes MF head football coach Kirk Ferentz talks with offensive coordinator Brian Ferentz”

Fixed

cred @RonaldMexico

I'd like to buy naming rights to the kicking tee. That quarter-inch logo will do my business a ton of good!

"Iowa Hawkeyes MF head football coach Kirk Ferentz talks with offensive coordinator Brian Ferentz”

Fixed

cred @RonaldMexico

MFKF. Gold.

yes-rudy1.gif

If you're gonna read the corporate web site, they're gonna credit their corporate sponsors.

Do you also think they should just say "the football building", rather than the Hansen Football Performance Center?

I don't mind assigning a family name to an object, but assigning a family name to another person just seems wrong and weird.

Good thing former NASCAR driver Dick Trickle isn’t a big Hawkeye supporter ... 🤔

I don't mind assigning a family name to an object, but assigning a family name to another person just seems wrong and weird.
Well, it's assigned to the position.

The next HC will be the Moon Family HC John Doe.

Might be a difference without a distinction.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Reactions: MeetTheFerentz
They're sponsoring an endowed position. This is nothing new in the world of academia.

I can't find a list for Iowa, but here is a long list of Iowa State's endowed positions:

Don’t cheapen the position by typifying sponsor or Iowa State. Iowa State dreams of Iowa’s endowment and this is a perpetual, impactful fund created through generosity.

They're sponsoring an endowed position. This is nothing new in the world of academia.

I can't find a list for Iowa, but here is a long list of Iowa State's endowed positions:

I know that Barta has a long family-sponsored title, also - just found it: Henry B. and Patricia B. Tippie Director of Athletics. The only time you see those sponsorships spelled out is in official U of Iowa press releases. It's not like the guys at ESPN and FOX will be forced to use it from now on. I'm pretty sure we'll get over it.

ADVERTISEMENT