ADVERTISEMENT

I remember the 'old days'

Oct 1, 2022
Danville, Iowa
Hey everybody! I have been reading this forum for years....and I finally joined....to be able to post. I am an 'old timer'....and I have noticed that this forum can get a little rough at times. I will not try to step on anybody's toes. Just a comment or two....I know this is not one of the best years for the Hawks....but...omg....I lived thru some really lean years. I remember watching Eddie Podolak play....I remember the coaches we had....Bob Comminngs, Ray Nagel, and Frank Lauterbur...19 years of losing records. I see a couple of needs on our list.....we need some game breakers....i.e. Tim Dwight at the WR position. Also...this has been mentioned numerous times....but we really need mobile QB. Finally, this has also been mentioned....but Gary Barta did us no favors by extending KF's contract....at his age. I don't know what he was thinking. I appreciate everything KF has done....he will leave when he is ready. Glad to be with ya.....go Hawks!

Hey everybody! I have been reading this forum for years....and I finally joined....to be able to post. I am an 'old timer'....and I have noticed that this forum can get a little rough at times. I will not try to step on anybody's toes. Just a comment or two....I know this is not one of the best years for the Hawks....but...omg....I lived thru some really lean years. I remember watching Eddie Podolak play....I remember the coaches we had....Bob Comminngs, Ray Nagel, and Frank Lauterbur...19 years of losing records. I see a couple of needs on our list.....we need some game breakers....i.e. Tim Dwight at the WR position. Also...this has been mentioned numerous times....but we really need mobile QB. Finally, this has also been mentioned....but Gary Barta did us no favors by extending KF's contract....at his age. I don't know what he was thinking. I appreciate everything KF has done....he will leave when he is ready. Glad to be with ya.....go Hawks!

Grew up during those 19 long lean years-agree with most of what you posted.

I was in school during the sixties. In those days you wore a sports coat, had a date, carried an umbrella and a large flask! By the end of the 4th quarter, the flask was empty, and the fun was listening to the PA guy do emergency messages for Dr. Harry Palm, etc.

I’ll give you some advice… I’m 52 so I guess you’re 75+ but I also am pretty lazy about grammar and punctuation anymore and I love using ellipsis (…) as a break in the continuation of thought…

And that’s because I voice text and again I’m lazy!!

But if you cut them back a little, and use a lot more page breaks, i/e: paragraphs. At least your thoughts come out better. Just my opinion!

Reactions: haightt
Thanks for your perspective Rattlesnake Jack. Win or lose Saturday football in the fall is good times. It's funny how no matter the score my memories are always good ones. What a great handle..... Rattlesnake Jack.

Last edited:
Reactions: cmhawks99
In case you haven't notice rattlesnake jack, the posters that are the grammer police around here are usually the ones that bring nothing to the table about Hawkeye football.

Reactions: Lostgirl57
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT