ADVERTISEMENT

I see Jacksonville quit football and I don't know a thing about

Ok ummm what? Can someone clarify what going on here? I think I missed something...

giphy.gif

What he’s saying is that Jacksonville, who plays in the Pioneer League, with Drake in a non scholarship league, is dropping the sport. Not sure of the player who he is referring to. Hawk4Shur chimed in as usual to be a smart ass.

Reactions: steventrelain
Dirty is referring to the RB on the NFL team. Lol

QUOTE="OC guru, post: 7155033, member: 100768"]Is he a punter? Or an OC?[/QUOTE]

The snippet I heard on the radio said they will honor the scholarships of those who want to stay at the school. Good on them for that at least.

That's the part of the article that throws me. It's a non-scholarship school yet they will honor the current players scholarships? Am I missing something?
I wasn't real sure of the scholarships at that level, and I didn't read any articles. I kind of made the assumption there was some sort of scholarship or they wouldn't have announced it the way they did on the radio. Maybe the person I heard was misinformed?

The snippet I heard on the radio said they will honor the scholarships of those who want to stay at the school. Good on them for that at least.

They probably know 90% of the team will transfer to a school where they can play football. Good PR move, though.

They probably know 90% of the team will transfer to a school where they can play football. Good PR move, though.
I guess that depends on the scholarship amount, and how much they like to play. These guys aren't going DI, where the full rides lurk. If there are full rides at this level, then different story.

Einhorn_K3A6244.jpg

97ANTHONY EINHORN

This guy could transfer to Iowa. But is it Einhorn or is it Finkle?

I guess that depends on the scholarship amount, and how much they like to play. These guys aren't going DI, where the full rides lurk. If there are full rides at this level, then different story.
Actually, this is a D1 school so these guys are D1 football players. It's an FCS non-scholarship school which means they don't give football athletic scholarships but the players surely receive other grants that replace the "athletic" scholarship. The school made the decision to put the players on scholarship to the school after shuttering the program because they don't want an instant drop in enrollment of 100 people and it's also the right thing to do as those players are there to get an education first as Jacksonville is not a pipeline to the NFL.

There are full rides available at D1 FCS schools. FBS schools have 85 full football scholarships. FCS schools have 63 scholarships which can be full or partial. Often times what you will see is an athletic scholarship paired with some other form of scholarship, effectively making it a full ride, but only counting as a partial athletic scholarship. Then the rest of that partial scholarship money can be spread out to another player in order to put more players on the team on some form of scholarship.

I would think Iowa fans would understand how things "at that level" work as UNI is a D1 FCS school, as is NDSU who happened to beat Iowa a few years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT