ADVERTISEMENT

I should know better than to ask this board for help, but, I humbly ask of country music help

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
So, I was on the treadmill at the gym yesterday morning watching CMT because there was nothing good on TCM, and a video comes on that intrigued me. I'm not a huge country fan, but the tune was somewhat catchy, and I failed to take note of the singer. Now I've spent a full day trying to figure out who the Hell she is? Blonde, probably late 30s. Looked attractive until it got to a close up and you saw a lot of make up on. But, still a wood. The video had a Robert Palmer Addicted To Love vibe with three younger hotties in black swaying behind her at times. She was mostly wearing a white dress.
The song itself was a Wheel of Country affair. A lament about returning home, a line repeated over and over about how all she needed was her old Pontiac, and skipping school, and sitting with a cooler in the parking lot. A bunch of the cuts were of the woman and three friends sitting in lawn chairs in a parking lot pulling beers from a styrofoam cooler. Something about black and golds, which I guess are cigars, and a reference to driving down the 301. Something that sounded like she kept saying 2 and 10s in a cardboard box?
I knew I should have just Googled her while the song was on. I am guessing the video is 5-6 years old.
There are a shocking number of references to Pontiacs in country music, I figured I'd find it that way.
Anyone know this song? Otherwise I'm going to have to watch a lot of CMT at the gym until the video is played again.

• Love
Reactions: FranMcNepotism
So, I was on the treadmill at the gym yesterday morning watching CMT because there was nothing good on TCM, and a video comes on that intrigued me. I'm not a huge country fan, but the tune was somewhat catchy, and I failed to take note of the singer. Now I've spent a full day trying to figure out who the Hell she is? Blonde, probably late 30s. Looked attractive until it got to a close up and you saw a lot of make up on. But, still a wood. The video had a Robert Palmer Addicted To Love vibe with three younger hotties in black swaying behind her at times. She was mostly wearing a white dress.
The song itself was a Wheel of Country affair. A lament about returning home, a line repeated over and over about how all she needed was her old Pontiac, and skipping school, and sitting with a cooler in the parking lot. A bunch of the cuts were of the woman and three friends sitting in lawn chairs in a parking lot pulling beers from a styrofoam cooler. Something about black and golds, which I guess are cigars, and a reference to driving down the 301. Something that sounded like she kept saying 2 and 10s in a cardboard box?
I knew I should have just Googled her while the song was on. I am guessing the video is 5-6 years old.
There are a shocking number of references to Pontiacs in country music, I figured I'd find it that way.
Anyone know this song? Otherwise I'm going to have to watch a lot of CMT at the gym until the video is played again.
Tl;dr

I can fap to that. Thanks!

Oh, and if you like reasonably attractive female country singers singing sad songs about growing up rural poor, check out Margo Price. Super talented and sexy IMO.

She’s also a liberal, so you’ll like that! A friend of Willie’s. From nearby Aledo, Illinois originally.

Margo 😍:
A_4.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: FranMcNepotism
Oh, and if you like reasonably attractive female country singers singing sad songs about growing up rural poor, check out Margo Price. Super talented and sexy IMO.

She’s also a liberal, so you’ll like that! A friend of Willie’s. From nearby Aledo, Illinois originally.

Margo 😍:
A_4.jpg
And her new album drops tomorrow that I'm looking forward to hearing

• Love
Reactions: torbee
Well, what scorn have you for @Hawki97 ?
Seems like he was right on top of Ms. Pillbox Patti. And, you didn't say you wouldn't.
It’s not scorn, just concern. You’ve been saying yes to everything lately and I’m a little worried, that’s all.

It’s not scorn, just concern. You’ve been saying yes to everything lately and I’m a little worried, that’s all.
You still haven't said you wouldn't bend her over her Pontiac.

Margo 😍:
A_4.jpg
Saw her at Hinterland. She is also a surprisingly talented drummer.

Reactions: torbee
You still haven't said you wouldn't bend her over her Pontiac.
I’m a no on Pillbox Patti, her Pontiac, and her Black & Milds. And what’s with the slow-motion throat slash gesture that her backup girls kept doing?

Reactions: lucas80
I’m a no on Pillbox Patti, her Pontiac, and her Black & Milds. And what’s with the slow-motion throat slash gesture that her backup girls kept doing?
Florida thing. I guess you have to live on the 301 to understand.

Reactions: TJ8869
Sings about black and milds while smoking heaters. JFC that is straight trash homie.
Ha. First thing I noticed as well. I did know a lot of high school chicks drink boones farm and smoke Marlboro lights back in the mid to late 90s in high school; but didn’t know any that smoked black and milds. Guess Marlboro doesn’t have the same catchy tune. She could have at least used them as a prop though if she’s gonna sing about them

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT