ADVERTISEMENT

I suggest we turn down the Cyclone-bashing language

umm NO

they were a freaking 3 seed that won their conference tourney

Iowa is a 10 seed that is barely favored.

No thanks. Most of the pundits are picking Davidson to win. I'll have a bit of fun at ISU's expense without worrying one bit about humility at this point. We aren't the Iowa team, we can enjoy ISU going out early and not feel the least bit guilty.

Should Iowa win and make it to Sunday, it will be even better.

Originally posted by QChawks:
umm NO

umm, yes

Because it doesn't matter what seed they were. We lose, and you'll have the pleasure of seeing them infest this place. Act like an adult and act like you've been there, because you have. NWST ring a bell?

EDIT: Iowa is not a 10 seed you nimrod.
This post was edited on 3/19 2:33 PM by Jan Itor

Not gonna happen. Iowa is a 7 seed by the way. Hopefully they can advance. But i won my bet. Iowa will be playing after the clowns go down. Dumb bet but hey every blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile.
smile.r191677.gif

umm NO

Either that or Iowa is a 7 seed.

Originally posted by Jan Itor:

umm NO

umm, yes

Because it doesn't matter what seed they were. We lose, and you'll have the pleasure of seeing them infest this place. Act like an adult and act like you've been there, because you have. NWST ring a bell?
They've already been infesting this place enough to make me turn from "I don't care" to rooting against them.

This is why we aren't D1 fans and never will be. We have a game to play tomorrow and we are not focused. We are excited ISU lost and that's gonna cost us tomorrow.

Be sure to get some sleep and stretch real good. Don't want any of us to pull a hammie tomrrow.

Originally posted by heat_dawg:
This is why we aren't D1 fans and never will be. We have a game to play tomorrow and we are not focused. We are excited ISU lost and that's gonna cost us tomorrow.

Be sure to get some sleep and stretch real good. Don't want any of us to pull a hammie tomrrow.
yep and lay off the alcohol.

Originally posted by IMCC965:
We still need to play a game tomorrow. Let's all put on our humble pants for another day, OK?
Not that we're unaware of karma or anything, but I think Iowa State fans will still be too hungover from their forced-fed karma binge to come on here and gloat about how we lost to Davidson (a team many are picking to win).

Or in other words they'll just be too hungover from the drinking that's already going on to try and drown their sorrows.

No....they will take no solace in Iowa losing tomorrow. I honestly believe this one is hurting them almost as bad as the Hampton loss. It's not quite as surprising, but it's definitely a close #2 for them.

Just sayin...
smokin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by DanL53:

Originally posted by Jan Itor:

umm NO

umm, yes

They've already been infesting this place enough to make me turn from "I don't care" to rooting against them.
You need to not let the trolls get to you. I hope there are at least a few of us that are respectful enough on here to have earned at least a little bit of empathy.

Originally posted by heat_dawg:

"So Fran, what happened in that loss today?"

"Our fans just weren't focused, they were basking in the glow of the ISU loss to UAB. That didn't allow us to defend behind the arc like we needed too. We practiced, we were prepared, shot well, we did our job. I put this one mostly on the fans, and partially the refs"

They've been talking smack all week, we can enjoy some schadenfreude.

This post was edited on 3/19 3:35 PM by Mplshawkfan

Don't feel bad for the Cyclone team, remember this.

BXUbfSi.gif

I do feel bad for some of their fans just because many of them are my friends and family. Plus we know how it feels to have a Conference Tourney Champ 3 seed lose to a 14 seed. It sucked.

Originally posted by WhiteSoxClone:

You need to not let the trolls get to you. I hope there are at least a few of us that are respectful enough on here to have earned at least a little bit of empathy.

Make you a deal. I'll keep an open mind and If I find out that reports of Iowa State players leaving the court without even shaking hands turn out to be wrong....then I'll try to tone down the building dislike for Iowa State.

It couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of drug-addled gang bangers. I said nicer.

Make you a deal. I'll keep an open mind and If I find out that reports of Iowa State players leaving the court without even shaking hands turn out to be wrong....then I'll try to tone down the building dislike for Iowa State.
Fair enough. If they did, I agree that it would be a classless move and I hope coach addresses it, at least with the players coming back next year.

One thing about the world we are currently living in - its really easy to put this stuff into perspective. My alma mater's basketball team lost, but all I have to do it open cnn.com and realize that in the grand scheme, that's pretty meaningless.

This post was edited on 3/19 4:03 PM by WhiteSoxClone

I'm not there yet, but getting closer when hawk/clone fans here, and incognito cyclone fans keep opening the door here and inviting them to talk about their team. Then you get 70,000 post Cyclone fans keeping clone related threads going. There are plenty of clone forums to talk ISU BBall.

As a born and bred Iowan I still root for the Iowa teams in the NCAA Tourney, but I save my posting here for the Hawks exclusively, and they will always be far and away #1.

Fair enough. If they did, I agree that it would be a classless move and I hope coach addresses it, at least with the players coming back next year.

One thing about the world we are currently living in - its really easy to put this stuff into perspective. My alma mater's basketball team lost, but all I have to do it open cnn.com and realize that in the grand scheme, that's pretty meaningless.

Here's your problem, don't go to CNN.com, you'll think the world is an awful place. ;)

Originally posted by mattymoknows:

Here's your problem, don't go to CNN.com, you'll think the world is an awful place. ;)
Very true. But on a day like today, misery loves company!

Look. This is more of a "jinx" type thing for me. Never fails that when we gloat about somebody else losing, that stupid bitch Karma shows up and slaps us on the ass pretty hard.

You guys do what you want, but I'm not going to gloat and I'll be sending some positive energy to the west.

knock on wood, knock on wood, knock on wood

I've got a grand daughter and cousins that are clone fans, I feel sorry for them BUT I don't feel 1 bit sorry for that team. being touted like they are on these boards was way to much.

Fred did this Fred did that, look at all the success he has had, ooooo he made it to the sweet 16. Fran needs to do what Fred did as Fred is leaving Fran behind. makes me wanna puke

Look. This is more of a "jinx" type thing for me. Never fails that when we gloat about somebody else losing, that stupid bitch Karma shows up and slaps us on the ass pretty hard.

You guys do what you want, but I'm not going to gloat and I'll be sending some positive energy to the west.

Yeah but the thing about karma is that you need to have something to take away. Karma has already taken most everything from Iowa already. There's nothing to be had from Iowa losing because we poked fun at ISU fans other than we get to join them, which isn't what ISU fans want anyways simply because they expected to still be in it....not standing next to Iowa watching the games on TV.

This is just Iowa State's turn, is all.

Originally posted by EvilMonkeyInTheCloset:

Yeah but the thing about karma is that you need to have something to take away. Karma has already taken most everything from Iowa already. There's nothing to be had from Iowa losing because we poked fun at ISU fans other than we get to join them, which isn't what ISU fans want anyways simply because they expected to still be in it....not standing next to Iowa watching the games on TV.

That is some AWESOME positalk.
wink.r191677.gif
I'm sticking to my guns and knocking on a lot of wood.

Originally posted by EvilMonkeyInTheCloset:

They probably won't be watching because they'll be showing highlights of the biggest upsets all weekend and ISU will be among the greatest hits.

Its really just a further sign that 2015 is bringing a return to historical norms. Republicans control Congress; Russians control Crimea and Ukraine and the Clowns are watching Iowa men's basketball after their own season ends. Just the way it is supposed to happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT