ADVERTISEMENT

I think I just cooked the best thing I ever made.

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
Potato, Brocolli, Bacon and Cheese
casserole…incredible

Oven on 375

I chopped cooked a packet of bacon in a oven safe skillet

While that was happening I chopped a small bag of those little potatoes and simmered them in a saucepan of milk (cup and a half or so) and salt.

After bacon was done got rid of all of the grease except enough to cook a chopped onion.

Cooked the onions and then added garlic and then I chopped florets from three broccoli stalks while onions were sautéing.

When onions were done I added the brocolli, shredded cheddar and bacon into the pan then the potatoes and milk. And topped with more cheese. Baked for 40 minutes uncovered.

The top of that casserole was cooked to the point of perfection. Cheese browned enough to get a bit firm and chewy. Holy hell.

Make this now.

Last edited:
casserole…incredible

Oven on 375

While that was happening I chopped a small bag of those little potatoes and simmered them in a saucepan of milk (cup and a half or so) and salt.

After bacon was done got rid of all of the grease except enough to cook a chopped onion.

Cooked the onions and then added garlic and then I chopped florets from three broccoli stalks while onions were sautéing.

When onions were done I added the brocolli, shredded cheddar and bacon into the pan then the potatoes and milk. And topped with more cheese. Baked for 40 minutes uncovered.

The top of that casserole was cooked to the point of perfection. Cheese browned enough to get a bit firm and chewy. Holy hell.

Make this now.
I make something similar but sub cauliflower for the broccoli and potatoes. Add a bit of sour cream and scallions.

casserole…incredible

Oven on 375

Make this now.
You had me at bacon and cheese. Adding broccoli was sexy.

I have a bacon outlet store just down the road...
1413927912.jpg

You guys are brutal.

"Here's this delicious recipe I made!"

Board: "This is why you're fat! Fatty McFatFace!"

ADVERTISEMENT