ADVERTISEMENT

I think I'm going to become a Republican!

BrianNole09

HR Legend
May 8, 2005
I usually vote for Democrats. Something is about to change, though.

Aside from social issues, I am about to write a check to the IRS for $12,000. I have a small senior companion business and I work as an independent contractor. I don't even make near $100,000 and I'm getting pummeled on taxes.

I don't mind paying taxes. It's my duty to live in our great country. But, Democrats tax too much.

Time to become a Republican!

CSB.

Good for you, Brian. Also...

jehova.gif

Then why are you giving me $100k when you’re at $50k?

I stated that I don't make near $100,000 and I'm still being taxed at 25%.

If I made $100,000 I could understand being taxed this much, but I'm not even close to that.

Thanks Obama.

Last edited:
I stated that I don't make near $100,000 and I'm still being taxed at 25%.

If I made $100,000 I could understand being taxex this much, but I'm not even close to that.

Thanks Obama.
25% seems like a good deal. What do you think you should pay? And what are you willing to give up now that we know you don’t want to pay for the costs of what you want?

Reactions: hawkbirch
OP is going to have to give up his dead hooker fetish,... Republicans won't be as accepting as the Democrats in that regard....

Reactions: BrianNole09

Aside from social issues, I am about to write a check to the IRS for $12,000. I have a small senior companion business and I work as an independent contractor. I don't even make near $100,000 and I'm getting pummeled on taxes.

I don't mind paying taxes. It's my duty to live in our great country. But, Democrats tax too much.

CSB.
perfect party for you.

25% seems like a good deal. What do you think you should pay? And what are you willing to give up now that we know you don’t want to pay for the costs of what you want?

25% is way too much for lower middle class poor like me. I think 15% would be fair.

I'd have to check the budget to know what to cut. The military would be a good start.

If you're an independent contractor, don't you pay the "business" taxes and your own taxes?

Do you have a 401k through the business?

CSB.
Did you not pay any quarterly estimates? That may be a requirement for you now, regardless of who's in control.

Check with your accountant though and see if the new law will help. Also, if you came up with the $12,000 on your own, maybe take a quick visit to HR Block this afternoon and see if they can do better for you, unless you have a CPA on speed dial.

Reactions: BelemNole
If you're an independent contractor, don't you pay the "business" taxes and your own taxes?

Do you have a 401k through the business?
basically it is usually not a 401k , when a contractor, more like a simplified employee pension

CSB.

You should run an all cash business like your mom, she knows all the right moves...if you know what I am saying.

Did you not pay any quarterly estimates? That may be a requirement for you now, regardless of who's in control.

Check with your accountant though and see if the new law will help. Also, if you came up with the $12,000 on your own, maybe take a quick visit to HR Block this afternoon and see if they can do better for you, unless you have a CPA on speed dial.
I am guessing he would have a bunch of write offs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT