ADVERTISEMENT

I think itd be a win win

DooBi

HR Legend
Sep 18, 2006
Sorry for posting another thread, but all the other threads end up circling the toilet bowl after about 15 comments. Im sure thats where this one will go if it goes anywhere at all. Anyway, this is my take.

If Trump rams through a sc pick then it'll be a win for our country to have another conservative on the bench, which is why many people voted for him in the first place.

Plus, it would likely ruin any chance trump has at reelection so we would get a horrible human being out of the white house and bring some sanity to our country. Another huge win.

The only possible downside would be the likely gop losses in the senate, but even that might not be bad. The way our government works, or doesn't work as it were, it might be time to go in a different direction. McConnell won't allow votes, and he's not doing his job so he should be fired. It could be win, win, win for our country.

I hope this is what happens. I might even hold my nose and vote for Biden in this scenario.

You know, I think I would make that trade if given the option. Trump puts a Conservative on the Supreme Court and then gets booted from office, unfortunately I don't think it'll work like that.

Last edited:
If these hearings were about finding the best candidate and not just trying to overturn Roe v. Wade, I’d see your point. But Republicans guaranteeing that they will rubber stamp someone to the highest court of the land, basically, means that a geriatric, racist, sociopath, addict, in depends, will determine the fate of this country, for years to come. And we all know he isn’t making this decision thoughtfully or carefully. Just another example of the extreme politicization of an independent judiciary that is supposed to act as a check on the executive branch. Democrats will pack the courts in response and polarization will get worse.
So.much.projection.

If these hearings were about finding the best candidate and not just trying to overturn Roe v. Wade, I’d see your point. But Republicans guaranteeing that they will rubber stamp someone to the highest court of the land, basically, means that a geriatric, racist, sociopath, addict, in depends, will determine the fate of this country for years to come. And we all know he isn’t making this decision thoughtfully or carefully. Just another example of the extreme politicization of an independent judiciary that is supposed to act as a check on the executive branch. Democrats will pack the courts in response and polarization will get worse.

How about we take a breath and see the qualifications of the nominee.

And Roe v Wade hasn’t been overturned and I doubt will be. And if it is there is little impact.

If Trump nominated a rational conservative, like Roberts, it could be acceptable. But he will nominate a loyalist like Kavanaugh. He will put garbage on the court again.

Reactions: Moral
If these hearings were about finding the best candidate and not just trying to overturn Roe v. Wade, I’d see your point. But Republicans guaranteeing that they will rubber stamp someone to the highest court of the land, basically, means that a geriatric, racist, sociopath, addict, in depends, will determine the fate of this country, for years to come. And we all know he isn’t making this decision thoughtfully or carefully. Just another example of the extreme politicization of an independent judiciary that is supposed to act as a check on the executive branch. Democrats will pack the courts in response and polarization will get worse.
So.much.projection.

I think you meant "Clutches pearls".

How about we take a breath and see the qualifications of the nominee.

And Roe v Wade hasn’t been overturned and I doubt will be. And if it is there is little impact.
We could. But given Trump's track record of ridiculously horrible nominees, I'm not holding my breath. Some were so bad even Mitch couldn't support them.

ADVERTISEMENT