ADVERTISEMENT

I think Kris Murray will

BigAssTurkeyLeg

HR MVP
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2021
Start popping up on draft boards soon. Averaging 13 and 7 and while I don’t think he has his brother’s handles right now, he might be the more deadly pick and pop player at the moment. he can defend every position in college and the fact he is putting up better numbers than Keegan did last year tells me he will have NBA attention soon.

I’ve refrained from saying anything, but wouldn’t be the least bit surprised, if Keegan ends up as a first round selection, if a team doesn’t take a flyer on Kris as well early-mid second round. Of course they are two separate players, but they share similar backgrounds, similar measureables, and similar upsides. I would be unsurprised if we are without both Murray’s come next year - and that wouldn’t be a bad thing for this program

if I were the father of these incredibly talented and truly good human beings, I would advise Keegan to leave for the NBA one year before Kris, if only so they don’t compete against each other. In my amateur opinion, they both are first rounders, but Kris needs another year of college play to be The Man on the team and watch his stock rise.

Never want to have one son in the shadow of another, and I have two sons, so I know a little bit about such situations, though neither can dunk.

I think the difference now is the amount of playing time each player has had in their college careers.
Don't be shocked if Kris ends up even better than Keegan. That is meant as a high compliment to both players.

I’ve refrained from saying anything, but wouldn’t be the least bit surprised, if Keegan ends up as a first round selection, if a team doesn’t take a flyer on Kris as well early-mid second round. Of course they are two separate players, but they share similar backgrounds, similar measureables, and similar upsides. I would be unsurprised if we are without both Murray’s come next year - and that wouldn’t be a bad thing for this program
One is quicker than the other

One is quicker than the other
Weren't they both two stars when signed, too lazy too look it up but I remember several including myself thinking why?
Shows how much I know about bb. Lol
Just checked, I see they were listed as 3*, I was sure they were 2* when we first got them.
Did they get upgraded later?

Last edited:
A little soon for this type of talk, imo (Not that I'm any expert). But, it's not an impossible idea either. The season's still young and there's a lot of basketball to play.

Reactions: Jonnymungo
if I were the father of these incredibly talented and truly good human beings, I would advise Keegan to leave for the NBA one year before Kris, if only so they don’t compete against each other. In my amateur opinion, they both are first rounders, but Kris needs another year of college play to be The Man on the team and watch his stock rise.

Never want to have one son in the shadow of another, and I have two sons, so I know a little bit about such situations, though neither can dunk.
Please tell me Kenyon left the laughing emoji???? :(

I really doubt either one leaves this year. Keegan still needs to develop that outside stroke. With that said, he is pretty skilled at both ends.

• Haha
Reactions: topherchris20
Yes, Joe’s last shot was great. Clutch.

But to me the winning shot came earlier.

One of my favorite moments ever watching the hawkeye family play beautiful basketball was, after biting my fingernails watching Keegan walking gingerly to the locker room, and Kris was subbed in to take his place, then Kris - serene and steel eyed - flowing with the game, but just ahead of everyone else, immediately takes a pass, and as if to remind everyone who he is and who we are, sinks the smoothest most effortless three imaginable, the Platonic Ideal of clutch three-pointers.

With that shot, everyone on the court and in the arena knew that this is more than a team: this is a family, and there is no way to get these Hawkeyes to back down or get themselves down, whatever the adversity.

Kris saved the game. Keegan fought through the pain and returned. Awesome to witness.

Like Kenyon. Like Chris Street. Winners.

Start popping up on draft boards soon. Averaging 13 and 7 and while I don’t think he has his brother’s handles right now, he might be the more deadly pick and pop player at the moment. he can defend every position in college and the fact he is putting up better numbers than Keegan did last year tells me he will have NBA attention soon.
I don't believe he will get drafted with thise numbers. I am thinking if Keegan goes then Kris elevates his game the following year

Please tell me Kenyon left the laughing emoji???? :(

I did because I feel your pain as a dad. We are staying in the moment with both of them and in the end, it will be there decision. They are good kids and have always played together, so either way, my wife and I will be happy and supportive. Go Hawks!!

Last edited:
I did because I feel your pain as a dad. We are staying in the moment with both of them and in the in, it will be there decision. They are good kids and have always played together, so either way, my wife and I will be happy and supportive. Go Hawks!!
Go hawks indeed!

Nobody blame anyone for wanting to get paid sooner that's for sure.

Just do us a favor and remind them the memories of playing together at Iowa last forever :D.

• Love
Reactions: PHawkKenyon
I want to see how Keegan plays in the Big Ten before I anoint him as a lottery or 1st round pick.
There were a dozen NBA scouts at the game last night. How often did GARZA and wieskamp have scouts at games? Face it, he gone after this year.

I have no doubt that within a couple of years I'll enjoy watching both Murray's in the NBA. Just a matter of when.

I'll enjoy them more if they're wearing Celtic green, 😉

I don't believe he will get drafted with thise numbers. I am thinking if Keegan goes then Kris elevates his game the following year

Just a reminder, Patrick Williams averaged 9/4 for FSU his FR year (his only season) and didn't start a game for them. He was drafted 4th.

My point isn't that Kris will go #4. My point is, the NBA doesn't care about college stats, they care about ability.

I did because I feel your pain as a dad. We are staying in the moment with both of them and in the end, it will be there decision. They are good kids and have always played together, so either way, my wife and I will be happy and supportive. Go Hawks!!
Well let me be the first say I hope your twin sons exhaust all of their eligibility before moving on to professional life wherever that may be. And I respect your position to let them decide for themselves. Loving this season so far, I almost wept being at my first live game in Carver in 21 months. So glad to be back seeing all the boys live again!

Imagine how good the Murray's will be once Rivals gives them a recruiting profile

FJCO_XeXwAIPAgd

Reactions: TunzaHawk
As the year progresses Keegan is showing the draft hype is real. I've now seen him even talked about as a lottery pick. Kris would really benefit being "the guy" next year. I said earlier that I needed to see Keegan play against Big Ten caliber players. Our early season was so soft. With that said, Keegan does appear ready. It would be awesome if he would come back but I doubt it's happening. Kris should come back and, if he does, he may have the same attention that Keegan is getting one year out.

I think the difference now is the amount of playing time each player has had in their college careers.
Don't be shocked if Kris ends up even better than Keegan. That is meant as a high compliment to both players.
Agree. How can Fran justify Pmac getting the minutes he gets when Kris is riding the pine? Kris has to get more minutes and they probably have to come from Pmac. Not saying Pmac shouldn’t play, but he shouldn’t get the minutes that he gets.

ADVERTISEMENT