ADVERTISEMENT

I think we are going to enjoy getting to know Justice Sullivan

Justice Sullivan has quite the story. He was an outcast in Ghana & was nearly murdered as a child.

At age 8, he was adopted & moved to the United States. HIs adoptive father? Jake Sullivan, who played basketball at Iowa State.

Now, he is a 4 star Hawkeye football player

Good story from Doc:

Thanks FRANNY you the MANNY!

Quite an amazing family.....To take in one person to your family is such an act of selflessness but to take in as many children that they have is a miracle.
I couldn’t do it- I hope this works out for him...and his family.

I hated his dad as a player. Came across as way too cocky on the court. Was a great shooter that killed us a couple of times. I probably think of him the same way that ISU fans think of Bohannon now.

But since his playing days, Jake has talked openly about his battles with mental health throughout college. Something that takes courage. And he and his wife have opened their lives up to so many needing children. He really is a guy that you have to cheer for now, no matter what school he played for.

Fran or HIC - I know ISU didn’t offer him and their fans say it is because he wasn’t a “good fit” for their D so they passed on a 4 star best player in Minny. I heard from a friend in Ankeny that knows the family that Jake told MC not to offer cause he was never going there so MC could save face on not offering a legacy who wouldn’t include them in his top 50 so to say. You guys know the deal on that? I believe my buddy over Clone trolls and find it strange they wouldn’t even offer the top player in Minny who is a 4 star legacy simply because of some system. Not like an athlete like this couldn’t adjust in a couple years.

Looks like he’s got a good motor & will definitely get much stronger & wow what a story.. Definitely pulling for Justice! And I didn’t like them at all but his Dad was on some good ISU basketball teams in the early 2000’s.. they got cheated by MSU and the refs in the tourney at the palace of Auburn Hills the year MSU won it if I recall correctly..

Reactions: DewHawk
Thanks for posting. This is a story truly worth promoting and celebrating!

You have to give the Sullivans major props for their commitment to helping disadvantaged children in Ghana. I found this blog and picture of the very beautiful Sullivan family a few years back:

https://team-sullivan.blogspot.com/

I encourage everyone to tap/click on that link. Such a great story with a lot of cool pics.

Fran or HIC - I know ISU didn’t offer him and their fans say it is because he wasn’t a “good fit” for their D so they passed on a 4 star best player in Minny. I heard from a friend in Ankeny that knows the family that Jake told MC not to offer cause he was never going there so MC could save face on not offering a legacy who wouldn’t include them in his top 50 so to say. You guys know the deal on that? I believe my buddy over Clone trolls and find it strange they wouldn’t even offer the top player in Minny who is a 4 star legacy simply because of some system. Not like an athlete like this couldn’t adjust in a couple years.
From what I have read:

* The Sullivans were trying to find the right football program and the RIGHT HOME/FIT.

* 2 main things were on Justice’s mind when looking at programs: a place where he was truly wanted with a coaching staff that wouldn’t just tell him what he wanted to hear.

* The Sullivans turned down PJ Fleck. The Sullivans live in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. The University of Minnesota is less than a 24-minute drive from their house

* “It’s just a perfect fit for him; his mentality and style and all the other things that go along with it, For us too, I think Kirk Ferentz does one of the best jobs in the country just developing young men, not just football players but young men to succeed in life. That’s really what we want as parents for Justice.” --Jake Sullivan

* It is interesting that he only had 3 offers, according to Rivals:
Iowa
Minnesota
Nebraska

He only visited Iowa and Minnesota. I am guessing he fell in love with Iowa (he visited 3 times) with the several visits he made.

Dates when he visited Iowa & Minnesota:

IowaCOMMITTED
(11/24/19)
Tim Polasek

1/26/20

8/31/19

2/16/19
MinnesotaNONE

10/12/19

9/14/19

2/21/19
NebraskaNONE
NONE

Last edited:
If you want to read something disturbing Google albinism persecution in Africa. They basically get hunted down, killed, and parts of their bodies eaten. I was shocked.

ADVERTISEMENT