ADVERTISEMENT

I think we are looking at the best recruit of 2023

JerseyCityHawki

HR All-American
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
Dudes a man amongst boys and looks NFL ready … about the same size as Davion Nixon but even faster and quicker - shit maybe even stronger … QB’s on the opposing side are in a rough and tough situation with Graves, Thompson and Hercules - to name just a few as this defensive line for 2023 might be the best ever in the KF ERA…. Iowa’s defense should be cream of the crop next year in the entire BT and in the nation ….JMHO

Dudes a man amongst boys and looks NFL ready … about the same size as Davion Nixon but even faster and quicker - shit maybe even stronger … QB’s on the opposing side are in a rough and tough situation with Graves, Thompson and Hercules - to name just a few as this defensive line for 2023 might be the best ever in the KF ERA…. Iowa’s defense should be cream of the crop next year in the entire BT and in the nation ….JMHO

Nice conjecture but lets get through next seasons first game first.

27503551_10156599970944453_2268985544391929693_o.jpg

Still need our young DB's and LB's to grow up in a hurry.

He is definitely a gifted athlete. I expect big things from him and he has experience with that talent.

to name just a few as this defensive line for 2023 might be the best ever in the KF ERA
"Best ever" is a mouthful. Just for DEs .... Roth, Epenesa, Clayborn immediately come to mind. Wouldn't even know where to start on DTs. The way I view it is that the IA DL has performed at an elite standard for many years. All I look for is that any given line meet that standard. They don't have to be the "best ever" to be elite.

Reactions: Bishop1971
You mean our walk on secondary that was recruited by the likes of South Dakota St and UNI as walk ons. Those gems.
Haha. Some people never learn. You'd think that Brett Greenwood would have taught us all we need to know about defensive walk-on starters at IA. More recently, even though he wasn't a walk-on, Merriweather elicited the same response from our local gurus.

Reactions: Bishop1971
Haha. Some people never learn. You'd think that Brett Greenwood would have taught us all we need to know about defensive walk-on starters at IA. More recently, even though he wasn't a walk-on, Merriweather elicited the same response from our local gurus.
He's a nebby fan so i doubt he understands. Wasn't Dallas Clark a walk on? Im pretty sure he was a walk-on who had a tremendous nfl career

You know our offense is f***ed up when the first instinct of many upon seeing a player like this is...Yeah he looks great, but can he play OL.

"Best ever" is a mouthful. Just for DEs .... Roth, Epenesa, Clayborn immediately come to mind. Wouldn't even know where to start on DTs. The way I view it is that the IA DL has performed at an elite standard for many years. All I look for is that any given line meet that standard. They don't have to be the "best ever" to be elite.
Babineaux, spelling? Pretty good for a fullback recruit

Babineaux, spelling? Pretty good for a fullback recruit
Roth, Babs, Iwebema, and Luebke were pretty salty. When Roth and Babs lined up next to each other, it was lethal ... it took 4 people to block them and obviously that wasn't doable. It was pick your poison.

Interestingly, that team also had a walk-on DB - Sean Considine.

Dr. PhilSuess congrats. You are my first "ignore" since I started following my Hawkeyes 65 years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT