ADVERTISEMENT

I think we can all agree Northwestern will be top ten next year and compete with Iowa!

Feb 25, 2015
25) Rivera, starts the year ranked around 3
33) Valdiviez ranked around 15-20 after winning two matches at nationals
41) Yayha Thomas, won a couple matches at Junior WTTS, possibly an AA
49) Deakin, High AA, took fourth at Senior WTTs.
57) Oyster, possibly a qualifier. May win a few matches at BTs,maybe not
65) Sebastian, 4th at BTs last year, possibly a round of 12.
74) Jesson, National champ this summer in freestyle,expect him to qualify. Maybe the kid from Michigan will start, he is likely better and a National qualifier Tyler Moreland. Beat Ryan Christianson from Wisconsin 12-2 at Midlands.Christianson has qualified for NCAAs three times.
84) Lucas Davidson, took third at junior WTTs
97) Zach Kohonis, tough kid who stuck number 19 ranked Brunner from Purdue
Hwt) Conner Jennings, lost 2-0 to Stoll last year at BTs, I think. Made quarterfinals at NCAAs two years ago. I have Iowa and Okey State fighting for second next year, so it would take a few lucky breaks to hang with Iowa. Stilll,I see the Cats much improved and contending for top ten at nationals. Bad matchup vs Iowa and the Cats may only win 2 or 3 matches.

Not sure the weights they are going. We got a tough kid from Florida coming in who may be a 65 lber. I don’t know what’s up with the weights much. Even Thomas looks big for 41. Would not be a bad move for Thomas at 49 and Deakin at 57. I like Sebastian at 74, not 65. Jesson and Davidson have looked good this summer, so I think we will be improved. I heard Moreland was pretty tough,even last year.

Reactions: Wrassler17
Sometimes I see Hawks fans overly optimistic about Hawk chances as this Cat fan is.

images

Which match up favors northwestern against Iowa in a head to head dual? if it starts at 125 northwestern will be down 11-0 after 133. 141 Murin has already beat Yaya, 49 favors Lugo and your best wrestler might be wresting Kemerer if he stays at 157 and that match would favor Kemerer. If SeeBas goes 174 that might be your only win but if he's 165 than it might be a shut out. Iowa gets bonus at 125/133/197 and HVY

74) Jesson, National champ this summer in freestyle,expect him to qualify. Maybe the kid from Michigan will start, he is likely better and a National qualifier Tyler Moreland. Beat Ryan Christianson from Wisconsin 12-2 at Midlands.Christianson has qualified for NCAAs three times.
Hwt) Conner Jennings, lost 2-0 to Stoll last year at BTs, I think. Made quarterfinals at NCAAs two years ago. I have Iowa and Okey State fighting for second next year, so it would take a few lucky breaks to hang with Iowa. Stilll,I see the Cats much improved and contending for top ten at nationals. Bad matchup vs Iowa and the Cats may only win 2 or 3 matches.

I'm in Grand Cayman right now and I have come to the conclusion that Cats crazy ass posts sound just as ridiculous in a foreign country as they do in the US.

Gotta have goals I guess, right?? :))

I enjoy how this post comes full circle. It starts with "Competing with Iowa" and ends with "Bad matchup vs Iowa and the Cars may only win 2 or 3 matches"

FWIW- WrestleStats has it 29-6.

https://www.wrestlestat.com/compare/dual/34/iowa/53/northwestern

Do you walk around with the song "I am walking on sunshine" playing in your head?

I enjoy how this post comes full circle. It starts with "Competing with Iowa" and ends with "Bad matchup vs Iowa and the Cars may only win 2 or 3 matches"

FWIW- WrestleStats has it 29-6.

https://www.wrestlestat.com/compare/dual/34/iowa/53/northwestern

Wrestlestat has young at 157 and Kem as 74... Is that official or just wishful(ish) thinking?

I haven't been following closely lately. Edit: i see this mentioned in the OSU/Iowa thread too.. maybe someone let some Inner Circle news slip? :)

IOWA will be competing for the TEAM TITLE with F*** St.,& Ok St. I really hope NW does well and continues to get better, but this thread is stupid!

Reactions: #10Hawk and el dub
I admire his passion as a wild tiger fan they will be very good I think it’s possible they grab a match or two. What happened to McMullin I thought he would be a great coach

Isn't NW the underfunded team that pushed Pariano out, sheds talent like dead skin, and has the smallest roster limit in the BIG?
It's great that you post here, Cats, but take it easy on the Koolaid.

ADVERTISEMENT