ADVERTISEMENT

I think we have a great chance at Xavier Foster & DJ Carton; but what if we strike out on 1 or both?

Do Iowa fans post and obsess on CyCLOWN Fanatic like Clown fans do here?

It's a serious question. CLOWN fans lurk and when they see anything said negative about one of their programs, a coach or their AD, they have to make a rebuttal.

I could not care less what's happening in Lames. The only time I care is when we play them and when I hear or see they lost, which puts a smile on my face. But I don't go to CyCLOWN Fanatic to gloat or discuss it.

Lord, CLOWN fans are flippin weird and obsessed with the Hawkeyes.

Yes, they do. I post more there, but some here as I have kids at both schools. Rabid Cyclone as I did my undergrad and grad work there, but grew up in SE IA and went to lots of Hawk games as a kid with my uncle who was a Hawk alum and donor. I do try not to be a “flaming troll” though and try to add to a debate.

Last edited:
So let me put this in terms you might understand. Why did Marcus Paige go to UNC? Why did Kirk Heinrich go to KU? You should be able to answer that. It is pretty much the same reasons why Carton most likely will not end up in Iowa City. And before you vomit about those reasons and ISU, just remember that ISU (and Prohm in particular) is putting pgs in the NBA. It is the same reason that a top flight OL from Iowa is much more likely to choose the hawks than Clones.

Narative fail.

Guess DJ doesn't care that Prohm has managed to allow high level talent to be high level talent.

Narative fail.

Guess DJ doesn't care that Prohm has managed to allow high level talent to be high level talent.
Just get the kid and prove me wrong. This kid is going to have many people in his ear telling him to go where he has the best chance at developing into an NBA guard. That is not in Iowa City, so you hope the lure of playing close to home is very important. Hawks are fighting an uphill battle but might get this kid.

Narative fail.
Just get the kid and prove me wrong. This kid is going to have many people in his ear telling him to go where he has the best chance at developing into an NBA guard. That is not in Iowa City, so you hope the lure of playing close to home is very important. Hawks are fighting an uphill battle but might get this kid.

Youre narative already fell apart just like I said it would.

He'll have virtually the same chance at the nba anywhere he goes outside of maybe a few blue bloods.

Youre narative already fell apart just like I said it would.

He'll have virtually the same chance at the nba anywhere he goes outside of maybe a few blue bloods.
Get him and talk shit. Lose him and you tied with Drake on his recruitment

This is just my opinion.

Fran has had 8 years to develop this program and show that Iowa is a player on the national scene.

Losing Tyler Ulis at the last second was a punch in the gut but Tyler was a Chicago kid and it was Kentucky we lost him to.

I think if Fran loses DJ, an Iowa kid, its gonna be another blow to the program. Fran is entering his 9th season as Iowa's Head Coach; Iowa/Fran should, by now, have a lot to sell to the 4 and 5 star Iowa high school kids. Iowa/Fran should not be losing 4 and 5 star Iowa high school kids to out of state programs. 4 and 5 star Iowa high school kids should be wanting to attend the University of Iowa; they should be wanting to play for Fran and they should want to play in the B1G conference. If not, then Fran has not done a good enough job of selling himself and the Iowa program to these 4 and 5 star Iowa high school kids.

Last edited:
This is just my opinion.

Fran has had 8 years to develop this program and show that Iowa is a player on the national scene.

Losing Tyler Ulis at the last second was a punch in the gut but Tyler was a Chicago kid and it was Kentucky we lost him to.

I think if Fran loses DJ, an Iowa kid, its gonna be another blow to the program. In year 8, Iowa/Fran should have a lot to sell to the 4 and 5 star Iowa kids. Iowa should not be losing 4 and 5 star Iowa kids to out of state programs.

I agree and think Fran lands both Carton and Foster and gives a BIG boost to the Iowa program.

Get him and talk shit. Lose him and you tied with Drake on his recruitment

You’ve been talking endless shit and ISU didn’t even make the final 6.

Do this site and humanity a favor and stop breathing. Your mere existence on this earth is a waste of good oxygen and a prime example of why some species eat their young.

Jordan replies to DJ that "Iowa's on the middle of your chest for a reason."

Jordan Bohannon‏Verified account@JordanBo_3 May 11
Jordan Bohannon Retweeted Dee Jay

Iowa’s on the middle of your chest for a reason
1f440.png
1f914.png

Jordan Bohannon added,

Dc4Y5TVW4AEdGlp.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: skydog0784
This is just my opinion.

I think if Fran loses DJ, an Iowa kid, its gonna be another blow to the program. In year 8, Iowa/Fran should have a lot to sell to the 4 and 5 star Iowa kids. Iowa should not be losing 4 and 5 star Iowa kids to out of state programs.
Ulis’ second choice was MSU not Iowa.

If you really think that is what happened I feel bad for you.

Haha, believe me, I don't think about it at all because it doesn't matter to me what happen to some dildos account on a message board.

Just took the post at face value.

Ulis’ second choice was MSU not Iowa.

That was just some bandwagon jumping hot air from when MSU made a run in the tournament. While he was being recruited, there was never any indication MSU was a serious player for him. Iowa was his clear leader right up to the moment Kentucky stepped in.

Reactions: skydog0784
That was just some bandwagon jumping hot air from when MSU made a run in the tournament. While he was being recruited, there was never any indication MSU was a serious player for him. Iowa was his clear leader right up to the moment Kentucky stepped in.

That is my take on it as well. At the time Ulis would have committed, he would have selected Iowa had Kentucky not stepped in late in the process.

MSU was mentioned as his second choice when those two teams were playing deep in the NCAA tourney, perhaps in the final four and perhaps against each other - don't recall and too lazy to look it up. Ulis to MSU as #2 was pure media hype. Ulis might have even said that, but again - just to feed the media hype at the time.

Reactions: 1stplacehawk
Yeah, I thought it was pretty clear that Iowa was the front runner until Kentucky swooped in at the last second. And that is why it was such a punch in the gut to Iowa fans; we did not lose out to Kentucky AND other schools (ie, Mich State); from everything I saw, his #1 choice was Iowa AND he was very likely coming to Iowa until he got the Kentucky offer.

MSU was every bit of a player that Iowa was...Ulis had a cousin who played for Izzo and a lot of people thought that might give them the advantage they needed. And he took his official there the weekend before he made his decision.

MSU was every bit of a player that Iowa was...Ulis had a cousin who played for Izzo and a lot of people thought that might give them the advantage they needed. And he took his official there the weekend before he made his decision.

The buzz for MSU was never as strong as it was for Iowa. Once Kentucky got involved, consensus was they were the favorite, and that ended up being accurate. There's no reason to think analyses of the situation before that were off.

The buzz for MSU was never as strong as it was for Iowa. Once Kentucky got involved, consensus was they were the favorite, and that ended up being accurate. There's no reason to think analyses of the situation before that were off.
So Ulis himself is a liar?

Yikes. Fran just might land a 5 star in consecutive classes!

Could Iowa replace Kentucky and Duke as the premier "1 and done" destination?

;);););););)

If Carton and Foster both go, especially to other Big 10 schools, and we have another lackluster year coming up....something has to give.

So many recruiting misses by Fran. I think we are past the "But Lickliter" phase. For me it just seems Iowa basketball is cursed since the end of the Davis era. Just nowhere near what it once was.

I

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT