ADVERTISEMENT

I think XMAN should play

JerseyCityHawki

HR All-American
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
WR… kids like 6’3 and what a perfect mold for a WR… we are so stacked in the DB field it’s a great problem to have. I know he’s keyed in on defense but this is a superstar in the making already. Not quite sure how fast he is :) but he’s got the goods to be awesome wherever he plays but are lack of depth at WR would be an interesting try at least - we’ve converted WB’s to WR’s (AKA MARVIN MCNUTT) to just name a few… it won’t happen I am sure if that but doesn’t hurt to dream a bit… he would definitely be a problem for opposing defenses… or offenses but he needs to see the field this year for sure

X is not moving to the O. Didn’t somebody suggest the same thing with CD last year? I’m glad you guys aren’t our coaches.
Exactly. The reason he came to Iowa was a shot to be coached and play on a good defense, near his hometown, and that also gave him a path to the NFL. Going to WR is not a good move for him. I'm not saying he can or can't play WR, but a sure way to not get any future 5-star recruits is to make them play a position they don't have an interest in playing.

Reactions: Stormn Norman
Honestly I have wondered if a move for someone like a Dallas Craddieth would make sense…. A DB buried on the depth chart that could maybe give us something on O. He could still cover punts and kickoffs, and maybe snag a pass or two on O.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
A player like X could learn a few patterns and play in 4 games without losing his redshirt.

I am hoping to see comfortable wins over the 3 non-conf teams so guys like X can play some in the 3rd and 4th qtr. Nothing better than experience and video of live action.

Same with the top running back coming in where he can get some good action in those first few games at least. But I am hoping to see this player all through the season.

A player like X could learn a few patterns and play in 4 games without losing his redshirt.

I am hoping to see comfortable wins over the 3 non-conf teams so guys like X can play some in the 3rd and 4th qtr. Nothing better than experience and video of live action.

Same with the top running back coming in where he can get some good action in those first few games at least. But I am hoping to see this player all through the season.
Im becoming more and more convinced that many posters have zero clue how high level college football coaches and players operate.

Reactions: Bullethawk31

If he only plays in four games he should get the reps in the secondary and of course on special tealms. I suspect he will play in many more than four games, getting reps in the secondary and of course special teams.

Part of it is what he can do for Iowa in 2022, more of it is what he can do for Iowa in 2023 and 2024.

I use to say the same thing about D guys moving to offense.. I believe the fact of the matter is X did not and may have not come to Iowa if he was a WR.. he wants to play D and that’s what he is here to do.. Be a MONSTER and game changer in the defensive back backfield.. Iowa can’t steal their own recruits to help the O out. They have to do the necessary thing on O to get guys on campus to want to be apart of the offense just like the D did.. Then we won’t be in here talking about kids that were recruited to play D getting switched over to play O.

Now on the other hand I could see a recruit like Koen Etringer playing some and being open to playing offense and defense but I think he may have recruited as an “athlete” thou..

Would likely be a waste of his talent for at least this season. You can have all the talent in the world at WR but you still need a QB and OC that can get you the ball.

Two things:

1) I’m not advocating in favor of this WR thing, but…
2) he did play WR in high school too. He caught the game winning Hail Mary against Dowling in the season opener in fact.

Two things:

1) I’m not advocating in favor of this WR thing, but…
2) he did play WR in high school too. He caught the game winning Hail Mary against Dowling in the season opener in fact.

His future in the NFL is on the defensive side. But who wouldn't love to catch a little bubble screen and see what he could do?

Don't waste the time prepping Nwampka for a few possible plays. Spend every bit of time available getting Brecht, Vines and Bostick ready to step in.

Honestly I have wondered if a move for someone like a Dallas Craddieth would make sense…. A DB buried on the depth chart that could maybe give us something on O. He could still cover punts and kickoffs, and maybe snag a pass or two on O.
Another player not talked about that I could see based on his size and offensive skillset is Deavin Hilson switching from RB to WR. He was 6'1, 200 out of high school. He looks fairly fast and pretty shifty. Would be nice to give a guy like this the ball in space. With the RB depth chart of Williams and Williams and the 2 incoming freshman RBs. I think this is a move that makes sense. I like the idea of RB hybrid WRs going forward in a offense that attempts on being a power run 1st offense. Its nice to have WRs and RBs and TEs that can be multifaceted. Get creative with your athletes.

ADVERTISEMENT