ADVERTISEMENT

I Thought Biden Had the Same Support in Congress as FDR in 1933 & LBJ in 1965

West Dundee Hawkeye

HR All-American
Sep 28, 2003
The Progressives want Biden (full disclosure I voted for Biden) to radically change policy. They act like Biden has the majority FDR had in 1933 and LBJ in 1965. How delusional are they?

But the FDR and LBJ examples show conclusively why visions of a transformational Biden agenda are so hard to turn into reality. In 1933, FDR had won a huge popular and electoral landslide, after which he had a three-to-one Democratic majority in the House and a 59-vote majority in the Senate. Similarly, LBJ in 1964 had won a massive popular and electoral vote landslide, along with a Senate with 69 Democrats and a House with 295. Last November, on the other hand, only 42,000 votes in three key states kept Trump from winning re-election. Democrats’ losses in the House whittled their margin down to mid-single digits. The Senate is 50-50.

FDR/LBJ

Biden has abandoned many things he canpaigned on. He allowed the republicans (and joe manchin) to cut down his infrastructure bill.

Corporate democrats who are hamstringing themselves to play “bipartisan” with republicans are going to pay for it in 2022
I think

Biden has abandoned many things he campaigned on.

He hasn't "abandoned" anything,.. Campaigning is a continuous stream of fictional bullshit designed to attract votes from the naive,.. Biden is doing exactly what he always intended to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT