ADVERTISEMENT

I thought Reynolds said no online school?

DooBi

HR Legend
Sep 18, 2006
Everyone on here said she was wrong for not allowing online school, but we are using that option for my 14 year old son. There has been a small outbreak in our school system.

Everyone on here said she was wrong for not allowing online school, but we are using that option for my 14 year old son. There has been a small outbreak in our school system.
Why did you chose the online option? What happens if more than 50% of the students chose the same option?

We are all high risk. Ive had a heart attack. Its just not worth the risk. Idk how the 50% works.
I completely understand your choice, it sounds like a wise one. What doesn't make sense to me is Governor Reynolds asking schools to develop Return to Learn plans and then disregarding the plans that local school districts had chosen as the best option for their area.

Well it is a fluid situation. Look how many times things have changed all summer

Ankeny here. My 6 year-old was born 3 months premature and spent his first 3 months in the NICU. Spent a week 2 years ago in the PICU due to a different strain of coronavirus. Has mild asthma but otherwise fine. We decided to go the “learn at home” route the first semester for him (K) and my oldest son (3rd grade). Was nice to have that option. Plus my parents watch the boys during the day while their mom and I work, so decided to keep exposure as low as possible.

Reactions: gohawks50
Which I think is what is happening

Like now? It’s not. In the future? It should.

Doesn’t the 50% apply to virtual/in-person, not the number of students?

Interesting side note: my neighbor volunteered for elementary school registration at one of the highest free and reduced schools in the district. 60% of the kids are registered for virtual only. So, rest assured those who suddenly care about poor kids and not having access to online learning, their parents disagree.

Which I think is what is happening
No schools have to wait for permission from the state to go 100% online during an outbreak. The permission will only be for 2 weeks and the positivity rate has to be 15 to 20% as well as 10% absenteeism. It's a completely reactive instead of proactive plan.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
She said the district can't go all on line, not that a parent can't chose to go on line.

She never said that. People on here read what they want and rephrase things in a way to make it sound like their team is good and the other team is bad. Unfortunately that is most of media these days too.

That is allowed. School must offer at least 50% in school, but then choice to student.
Wait, what? But the governor is the devil. You mean as long as the school is offering 50% core classes in-person they’re fine. Doesn’t matter if the families choose to be there or not as long as it’s offered.

Wait, what? But the governor is the devil. You mean as long as the school is offering 50% core classes in-person they’re fine. Doesn’t matter if the families choose to be there or not as long as it’s offered.

Families can choose to be there or not, teachers and staff will be required to be there. This has not been disputed or argued. Requiring schools to have in-person classes is what makes her the devil.

Like now? It’s not. In the future? It should.

Doesn’t the 50% apply to virtual/in-person, not the number of students?

Interesting side note: my neighbor volunteered for elementary school registration at one of the highest free and reduced schools in the district. 60% of the kids are registered for virtual only. So, rest assured those who suddenly care about poor kids and not having access to online learning, their parents disagree.

They probably didn't care and let the kids decide for themselves.

Families can choose to be there or not, teachers and staff will be required to be there. This has not been disputed or argued. Requiring schools to have in-person classes is what makes her the devil.
Requiring schools to OFFER in-person classes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT