ADVERTISEMENT

I voted today!

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
For whatever reason, it was still shocking to see Herschel's name on the ballot. Even more shocking when you think he has a good chance of winning.

There were a handful of ballot initiatives. Two of them had to do with giving farmers a handout on farm equipment tax. Knowing the likely GQP voters don't like government handouts I gave both of those a thumbs down. Thumbs up to expanding liquor sale hours on Sunday; thumbs up to suspending pay for govt officials charged with a felony (they currently get paid until case is resolved); thumbs up to allowing local municipalities to suspend property taxes when disaster strikes.

Last edited:
Me too. I'll be out of the country on election day and I expected a long line for early voting, but there were only about five people ahead of me. Ten minutes maybe from entering to exit. That's a good day.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
For whatever reason, it was still shocking to see Herschel's name on the ballot. Even more shocking when you think he has a good chance of winning.

There were a handful of ballot initiatives. Two of them had to do with giving farmers a handout on farm equipment tax. Knowing the likely GQP voters don't like government handouts I gave both of those a thumbs down. Thumbs up to expanding liquor sale hours on Sunday; thumbs up to suspending pay for govt officials charged with a felony (they currently get paid until case is resolved); thumbs up to allowing local municipalities to suspend property taxes when disaster strikes.
I will always applaud those who vote, regardless of who or what they voted for.

I voted yesterday where I live and today where one of my properties is. It'll be a busy few weeks.

It was that easy huh? I was reliably told by the LAM for months that voting in Georgia was very hard, it was Jim Eagle not even Jim Crowe…
Been hanging around any polling places with your AR-15 and a American flag mask over your face?

• Haha
Reactions: KFsdisciple
The unintended consequence of voter suppression is that some people get angry and are more motivated to vote. DeSantis dialed it up to 11. Kemp wants to suppress the vote, but he wants to sell books and go on the MSM occasionally, but he won't go to 11. Doocy in Arizona appears to be capable of turning his back on 11.

The unintended consequence of voter suppression is that some people get angry and are more motivated to vote. DeSantis dialed it up to 11. Kemp wants to suppress the vote, but he wants to sell books and go on the MSM occasionally, but he won't go to 11. Doocy in Arizona appears to be capable of turning his back on 11.
Jeebus you’re an amazing fool.

He walked right past all the Black voters in line, amirite?
Sure. Ever seen the reporting on how long lines are at minority polling places versus white people polling places? How there might be six voting machines, but three are broken...

Sure. Ever seen the reporting on how long lines are at minority polling places versus white people polling places? How there might be six voting machines, but three are broken...
There are a bazillion counties in Georgia, and the election supervisor in each county sets the polling places. I think everyone has a mailbox though. And there's a dropbox in each county as well.

There are a bazillion counties in Georgia, and the election supervisor in each county sets the polling places. I think everyone has a mailbox though. And there's a dropbox in each county as well.
Sure. And each election supervisor is pure of heart? Seems to me just last week there was a story brewing about an election denier running the elections in one county in Georgia.
Look, this shouldn’t be that hard. Make voting easy and accessible. People have different abilities to get to the polls. If you want to talk vote by mail go for it. The GOP is against it for a reason. Want to talk drop boxes? See the GQP goons stalking voters at drop boxes in Arizona.

Sure. And each election supervisor is pure of heart? Seems to me just last week there was a story brewing about an election denier running the elections in one county in Georgia.
Look, this shouldn’t be that hard. Make voting easy and accessible. People have different abilities to get to the polls. If you want to talk vote by mail go for it. The GOP is against it for a reason. Want to talk drop boxes? See the GQP goons stalking voters at drop boxes in Arizona.
Serious question, as I don’t know. Do they not do absentee voting in Georgia? Florida has absentee, early, in person, in person at the Supervisor of Elections and manned drop boxes.

There's vote by mail in Georgia. They expanded the early voting days.

Did you feel disenfranchised?

ADVERTISEMENT