ADVERTISEMENT

I was not a GWB fan, but now I miss him so much.

Raglefant

HR Legend
Jan 22, 2016
He sat there while Colbert skewered him and took it like a man. If you had told me that I would someday miss the intelligence, dignity, and communication skills of W, I would have laughed in your face. Alas, here we are.

He sat there while Colbert skewered him and took it like a man. If you had told me that I would someday miss the intelligence, dignity, and communication skills of W, I would have laughed in your face. Alas, here we are.

I agree entirely. I miss the concept of "being presidential". It was a concept we always had until Trump came along and now it's a dead concept.

I really would like to see that come back again.

3%2Bjohn%2Bbranch.jpg

Well, it looks to be a comparison between the Obamas and the Trumps. Wait, what is your point?

Phen Fran is one of those guys who thinks if he plays the "both sides are bad" card that it makes him objective, non-partisan, above the fray, etc. It allows them to go off on the "libtards" while not having to play defense for Trump.

The thought that there are degrees of badness and not everything is equivalent either doesn't register or they ignore it.

George W. Bush was a fraternity guy at Yale who
got elected President. He won because the U.S.
Supreme Court settled the Florida hanging chads
in his favor. What put George W. on the map was a
calm, cool, and classy demeanor after 9/11.

No, did i say that or even insinuate that? No.

The point is Barack lowered the bar, Trump jumped over it then turned around and smashed it.

there is no bar anymore.

So a photo of a Obama meeting a guy who's said some nasty things several years before he even ran for president qualifies as being unpresidential?

Well, it looks to be a comparison between the Obamas and the Trumps. Wait, what is your point?

the point is i'm tired of this constant idolatry of Obama. he was not pure as the driven snow. he made mistakes. sitting in a hateful church for 20 years listening to Rev Wright Hate speech towards America was a mistake. rubbing elbows with a racist anti-semi like Farrakhan was a mistake. Elevating the needs and concerns of foreign nations, immigrants and refugees over the needs and concerns of American citizens was a mistake.

So a photo of a Obama meeting a guy who's said some nasty things several years before he even ran for president qualifies as being unpresidential?

What did the left do to Trump?

Did he disavow Farrakhan? did he disavow? hunh? when did he disavow his former racist friend? did he disavow publicly? when? when?

the point is i'm tired of this constant idolatry of Obama. he was not pure as the driven snow. he made mistakes. sitting in a hateful church for 20 years listening to Rev Wright Hate speech towards America was a mistake. rubbing elbows with a racist anti-semi like Farrakhan was a mistake. Elevating the needs and concerns of foreign nations, immigrants and refugees over the needs and concerns of American citizens was a mistake.

While there where groups who have given Obama way too much love. IE naming schools after him before his term was even over, the Nobel peace prize etc. I don't see a lot of idolatry of Obama. A lot of people like him better then what we have now, as do I. I also like Bush better then what we have now.

And the idolatry of Obama is laughable when you look at the current Republican primary race in Indiana. Every single ad is an attack on how the others where not loyal to Trump.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news...ta-fight-most-like-president-trump/512559002/

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/381428-indiana-republican-dons-maga-hat-in-new-senate-tv-ad

https://www.nbcnews.com/card/indiana-republican-takes-support-trump-bit-too-far-n866996

What did the left do to Trump?

Did he disavow Farrakhan? did he disavow? hunh? when did he disavow his former racist friend? did he disavow publicly? when? when?

What gives you the impression that they were ever friends?

Although Farrakhan's praise for Obama may generate increased support from the black community, the Obama campaign's response was cool.

"Senator Obama has been clear in his objections to Minister Farrakhan's past pronouncements and has not solicited the minister's support," said Obama spokesman Bill Burton.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...rrakhan-senator-obama-saviours-day-convention

Wiki also claims he "rejected and denounced" the support in a NBC debate.

No one said !@#$ about Obama, he was someone that you brought up first...............as such, nice strawman argument.

Last edited:

Think about this for a second. A lot of Trump’s “unpresidential” things occurred several years before he ran for president. Are you going to wipe those from the slate? Of course a lot of crap has happened since too.

Phen Fran is one of those guys who thinks if he plays the "both sides are bad" card that it makes him objective, non-partisan, above the fray, etc. It allows them to go off on the "libtards" while not having to play defense for Trump.

The thought that there are degrees of badness and not everything is equivalent either doesn't register or they ignore it.

There are several on this board that has that mo.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Think about this for a second. A lot of Trump’s “unpresidential” things occurred several years before he ran for president. Are you going to wipe those from the slate? Of course a lot of crap has happened since too.

Case in point.

George W. Bush was a fraternity guy at Yale who
got elected President. He won because the U.S.
Supreme Court settled the Florida hanging chads
in his favor. What put George W. on the map was a
calm, cool, and classy demeanor after 9/11.

He has been one of the better statesman as a post president that I think this country has seen in a long long time.

Reactions: PCBHAWK
You mean when Obama came along and turned the White House into a celebrity hangout spot.
You don’t know what the fvck you’re talking about.

But, you’re just another of those blind Trump supporters without the ability to think independently.

I pity your family and anyone who encounters you.

I liked your post but then again you can’t forget the horrid Iraq disaster. That doesn’t wash away too easily.

Every politician active during that time period owns that war. There was near unanimous support for it after 9/11. Only after it went to crap did the Democrats disassociate themselves from it and hung it around W's neck.

I miss GWB, just not Cheney.

Reactions: Raglefant
What does that have to do with President Obama? His teenage daughter isn't allowed to live her own life and experience things that other teenagers do without tarnishing the Presidency of her father? That makes zero sense. I guess I'm an undignified POS then, because all three of my teenagers did the same thing.

Yeah, Obama did just fine disrespecting the office without bringing his daughter into it.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
ADVERTISEMENT