ADVERTISEMENT

I watched play where Goodson fumbled and...

1. RB cannot fumble the football.
  2. QB must hand the ball to RB cleanly.
  3. O-Line must give the QB and RB enough time for a clean hand-off
  4. QB must flip or audible out of a play that is clearly defended, into a play that has a better chance
  5. OC must be able to call plays in a way that do not tip the running play is coming
To avoid a fumble, all of the requirements listed above must be executed to ensure there is no fumble. If 1,2,3 occur, there will not be a fumble.

So maybe it's not all Goodson's fault, but it did appear as if the football was handed off, and he took a step or two before getting strip tackled. He cannot allow others to strip the ball from his hold.

That said, I can't say for sure that any of the 5 above where executed properly.

1. RB cannot fumble the football.
  2. QB must hand the ball to RB cleanly.
  3. O-Line must give the QB and RB enough time for a clean hand-off
  4. QB must flip or audible out of a play that is clearly defended, into a play that has a better chance
  5. OC must be able to call plays in a way that do not tip the running play is coming
To avoid a fumble, all of the requirements listed above must be executed to ensure there is no fumble. If 1,2,3 occur, there will not be a fumble.

So maybe it's not all Goodson's fault, but it did appear as if the football was handed off, and he took a step or two before getting strip tackled. He cannot allow others to strip the ball from his hold.

That said, I can't say for sure that any of the 5 above where executed properly.

If I remember correctly the handoff wasn’t clean, he never really secured the ball and little room to operate before the ball came out. The rest is unpleasant history now. Our O line needs to gel and our execution has to get better or things may get much worse.

Reactions: BCRoss89
If I remember correctly the handoff wasn’t clean, he never really secured the ball and little room to operate before the ball came out. The rest is unpleasant history now. Our O line needs to gel and our execution has to get better or things may get much worse.
He most definitely did not ever have solid posession of the ball. It was a so-so handoff, and it was bobbled from the get-go. He had ZERO time to rectify that however, hence the fumble.

Had he had even 1 step or so he could have tucked it to the point it doesn't come out, but that didn't happen. Goodson was SOL essentially.

We could try the North Dakota State thing again and hire their current OL coach AJ Blazek.

Wasn't he at Rutgers before this? Either way, I am not a fan of Polasek for two reasons. 1- the oline play/run game has been bad under him. 2- I could hear the f-bombs flying at players on kids day as he was ripping one of the Paulsens to shreds. I am not saying you can't get after a kid but to do what he did, on kids day, where I could hear him plain as day in the 30th + row made me a little unhappy.

Wasn't he at Rutgers before this? Either way, I am not a fan of Polasek for two reasons. 1- the oline play/run game has been bad under him. 2- I could hear the f-bombs flying at players on kids day as he was ripping one of the Paulsens to shreds. I am not saying you can't get after a kid but to do what he did, on kids day, where I could hear him plain as day in the 30th + row made me a little unhappy.
Agree about keeping it clean on kids day.
But he must of been onto something with the Paulsens. They have been horrible so far this year.

Almost every O lineman wiffed on their block. How is that even possible?
Interesting how the latest and greatest player is shielded by everyone. Until a single crack emerges...Ya'll threw Noah fant. Drew tate when injured, etc. Under the bus at the end of the day. Enjoy your grace period while it lasts Tyler.

This what happens when the center snaps on a different cadence than what everyone else anticipates.

Almost every O lineman wiffed on their block. How is that even possible?

Defenses are getting wise to our TE motion. Watch the linebackers and safeties, they shift with the the TE. Four white jerseys around Goodson, the proverbial sitting duck on that play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT