ADVERTISEMENT

I will miss Leshun Daniels...

cmhawks99

HR Legend
Jul 23, 2002
I was just watching one of his highlight videos. He was a terrific running back that had the unfortunate disadvantage of playing with a very explosive and fan favorite as his running mate. But he was very underrated and way faster than he was given credit for and it's easy to forget until you plug in some tape and watch him run.

We've been fortunate to have some pretty decent running back's the last 30 years but I will always remember him as one of my favorites!

Here's to hoping he has a great camp. There's a nice list of free-agent running backs that went on to have some pretty decent success, hopefully he can be one of them.

I agree totally.......plus, if you read his Twitter feed, I don't know that there was a more supportive guy of ALL his teammates getting drafted and signed to FA contracts. Just falls in line with his MO.......team guy all the way. Those are the types of players who flourish in Belichick's system. Good luck to one of my favorite Hawks of all time!!

Leshun will be greatly missed. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a practice squad, then gets his moment in the middle of the season when all the starters and second stringers are done for the season. Hopefully he will be making the most of that opportunity. For some reason, I think he will. I will be pulling for him, big time.

His brother is going to be a first round pick here in a couple years.

Reactions: cmhawks99
I was just watching one of his highlight videos. He was a terrific running back that had the unfortunate disadvantage of playing with a very explosive and fan favorite as his running mate. But he was very underrated and way faster than he was given credit for and it's easy to forget until you plug in some tape and watch him run.

We've been fortunate to have some pretty decent running back's the last 30 years but I will always remember him as one of my favorites!

Here's to hoping he has a great camp. There's a nice list of free-agent running backs that went on to have some pretty decent success, hopefully he can be one of them.
I don't think that it was an unfortunate disadvantage for him to run alongside Wadley. Frankly, Wadley's contrasting running style made it harder for defenses to defend them both. When you defend against a physical back like LeShun ... there is the mental side of the collision ... where the defender knows that they're going to take some punishment through the experience. You have to be READY to face such a back. For many defensive backs, your best hope is to try to trip up such a guy.

However, when you also have to defend against a quick, shifty, and fast guy like Akrum ... you have to keep your feet light and you have to focus more on the center-of-mass of the ball-carrier. You focus on his lower body ... he'll break your ankles.

The only thing that is "unfortunate" about LeShun was his health throughout much of his early career. He'd seemingly have one ankle injury after another ... and consequently that made it more difficult for him to build earlier "momentum" in his career.

Thus, I share your positive sentiment concerning LeShun ... given all that he had to deal with early in his career ... it is really impressive how positive he remained. I commend the coaches for sticking with him ... and they were rewarded with his excellent and productive senior campaign.

LeShun is and was a great ambassador for Hawkeye football. I'm proud that he is a Hawk!

Last edited:
He was a great Hawkeye and so is his brother. Iowa was/is fortunate to have them. Any more on the way?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT