ADVERTISEMENT

I would love a CyHawk rematch

I was at ISU/ WV and was impressed with the ISU DLine all night. That being said, Iowa would beat them by 14-21 right now. That rush hasnt improved as much as our passing game and our boys on the line are pretty good too. ;)

Reactions: MadDogC
It would be about the same spread difference (10) just more points for each team. ISU's defense is good but our O is much better than it was. And I don't care who the QB is, our DL would abuse them even worse now. The Big 12 is a God awful conference. ISU does a couple things that produce wins in the Big 12. Fundamentally sound and tackle. They are about the only team that does it. Jesus there is a reason K-St has been able to compete in that league all these years.

My takeaway from last night's game was "how the hell was WVU #6 in the country, and how the hell was Grier a Heisman candidate?"

Absolutely nothing stood out to me last night that said "damn, glad we got them when we did"

You, sir, nailed it. WVU #6!? Wow. Which is why polls are especially stupid until at least now.

Iowa ISU needs to be moved to the end of the season when all the other rivals play - rivalry week. Tell Poltard that is the only way Iowa will play them and if they don’t want to do that, see ya.

Reactions: K OKeefe
Just because you beat Big 12 teams doesn't mean you are good.
Fully agree as the b12 has sucked for years, but so has the b10 west so the same point applies to us. We’ve beaten no one. Nothing matters until we show we can compete with a top 10 team outside the conference and with this coach, that ass whoppin only happens every 10 yrs or so as he won’t leave his zip code

A 13-3 win doesn't exactly scream dominance. Unless you saw something I didnt, I thought that game was fairly competitive.

Both teams are playing better now than they did in early September. Iowa won...it's not a best of 3 series.

Not sure why anyone would want a rematch and a 2nd game would prove very little.

They averaged 0.7 points per quarter against us.

I don’t need to see that domination again.

A 13-3 win doesn't exactly scream dominance. Unless you saw something I didnt, I thought that game was fairly competitive.

Both teams are playing better now than they did in early September. Iowa won...it's not a best of 3 series.

Not sure why anyone would want a rematch and a 2nd game would prove very little.
Iowa State not being to move the ball at all after their first drive was a pretty good indicator of dominance.

After the first drive, did ISU even cross the 50 again? I don't recall. I do know ISU never threatened to score after that which seems pretty dominating to me.

Fully agree as the b12 has sucked for years, but so has the b10 west so the same point applies to us. We’ve beaten no one. Nothing matters until we show we can compete with a top 10 team outside the conference and with this coach, that ass whoppin only happens every 10 yrs or so as he won’t leave his zip code

Color me shocked that you have another negative post about Iowa. It must be hell for you to be such a big Iowa fan.

You always seem to pop up in ISU threads and cast doubt on Iowa for one reason or another. I won't apologize for the last 30 years of Iowa football. It's been a damn fun ride with a few bumps in the road. If it hasn't been up to your "expectations", put on a Bama hat.

Iowa ISU needs to be moved to the end of the season when all the other rivals play - rivalry week. Tell Poltard that is the only way Iowa will play them and if they don’t want to do that, see ya.
Uh....Iowa State is the one that has suggested moving the game to the end of the season. Walden talked about it a lot. But with conference obligations, it's hard to see how it would be a good move for either team.

Reactions: mwhiton52
Your wish will be granted in September 2019.
images

;)

“We”, “Us” just stop, who do you think you’re fooling?

ISU seems to be putting it together, showing the BIG 12 what can actually be accomplished by playing some defense. The announcers last night referred a couple times back to the ISU vs Iowa game, how this is not the same team that lost in Iowa City, however with all due respect to the announcers, this is not the same Iowa team that beat the Cyclones in Iowa City. Our offense is much better then that game, and our D is still stout.

ISU seems to be putting it together, showing the BIG 12 what can actually be accomplished by playing some defense. The announcers last night referred a couple times back to the ISU vs Iowa game, how this is not the same team that lost in Iowa City, however with all due respect to the announcers, this is not the same Iowa team that beat the Cyclones in Iowa City. Our offense is much better then that game, and our D is still stout.
The one that hurts me is TCU. Should have won that game. Would have won it with Purdy, IMHO. Would be solidly in the hunt for the league title game. Still have a shot at it, but not likely.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez

Huh?? Iowa should be playing Wisconsin the final game of the year. That is far and away our biggest rival.

Reactions: buchs
Ya, I think that a both teams have improved since that game and are aquitting themselves nicely. I do a believe ISU has improved more, considering first game of season, year #3 of Campbell, offensive line reshuffling, new QB, and improving D. I would give a rematch a coin flip, depending on turnovers, home field, and who makes da big plays. :)

Congrats to ISU for exposing just how horrible the Big 12 really is. I flipped over from Michigan v. Wisco a few times, the only thing that looked worse than WVU was the condition of MidAmerican Energy Field. Yikes. But they should feel energized about getting to .500, hope they keep winning, only helps our SOS.

I think it is fair to say that both Iowa and ISU looked really good yesterday and that both teams have improved dramatically.

This is the correct answer.

As a football fan, I'm impressed with the improvements I've seen from both teams. I know Iowa State doesn't have the record for it right now, but both the Hawkeyes and the Cyclones are Top 25 caliber teams.

If the CyHawk game were played next week or Black Friday, my prediction would be the same as it was in September: a toss up. Iowa State has earned my respect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT