ADVERTISEMENT

IA wrestling champ charged with felony assault in connection with alleged hazing incident

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
IA wrestling champ charged with felony assault in connection with alleged hazing incident
IA wrestling champ charged with felony assault in connection with alleged hazing incident© Provided by KGAN Cedar Rapids
An arrest in Story County this week brings some details that may be triggering for some Iowa's News Now viewers.
A state wrestling champ is now facing a felony assault charge in connection with an alleged hazing incident earlier this year.
Investigators say he shoved a pencil up another teen's anus during the incident in January.
Now, 17-year-old Kade Blume is facing a felony charge of penetrative assault with an object.
Blume has won two state titles at Roland-Story.
The Story County News reports the sheriff's office got an anonymous tip back in April about the alleged assault against a 15-year-old victim.
Blume pled not guilty in court Wednesday, and is out on pretrial release.
He's due back in court November 28th.

I would jam that pencil in the Champs ear if he tried that with me
with-a-pencil-john-wick.gif

I must be a fun-hater, but seems to be a pretty light-hearted attitude about it on the wrestling board. Kinda disgusting actually, considering wrestling seems to have an issue with this.

Reactions: blhawk
IA wrestling champ charged with felony assault in connection with alleged hazing incident© Provided by KGAN Cedar Rapids
An arrest in Story County this week brings some details that may be triggering for some Iowa's News Now viewers.
A state wrestling champ is now facing a felony assault charge in connection with an alleged hazing incident earlier this year.
Investigators say he shoved a pencil up another teen's anus during the incident in January.
Now, 17-year-old Kade Blume is facing a felony charge of penetrative assault with an object.
The Story County News reports the sheriff's office got an anonymous tip back in April about the alleged assault against a 15-year-old victim.

He shoved a pencil up the kid's ass? People have been killed for less.

Congratulations. You just Pepsi’d Northern’s bitch ass.

I always stuck with basketball, that type of stuff never seemed to be an issue. I recall the wrestlers talking about "checking the oil." The longtime wrestling coach where I live now stepped down after a similar type situation in central Iowa. It was disgusting.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
I always stuck with basketball, that type of stuff never seemed to be an issue. I recall the wrestlers talking about "checking the oil." The longtime wrestling coach where I live now stepped down after a similar type situation in central Iowa. It was disgusting.
I played football in TX: you'd think that hazing would've been pretty prevalent, but I never saw or heard about anything like that happening. I don't even get why it would - you're supposed to be a team and support your teammates, but you're going to assault them? Just weird to me.

I played football in TX: you'd think that hazing would've been pretty prevalent, but I never saw or heard about anything like that happening. I don't even get why it would - you're supposed to be a team and support your teammates, but you're going to assault them? Just weird to me.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I personally never felt like I truly knew my teammates - and thus united as a team - until I've checked every nook and most crannies of their anuses.

Speaking for myself, it’s bemusement not hatred. I think wrestlers are squirrely, but harbor no hate toward them.

I will say that all anal penetration should absolutely be consensual though 🙂

Yeah, I think wrestling seems to have/attract people that are a bit "off". For some, their "offness" is extreme focus and dedication into all the things that wrestling requires to be great and we admire those people. For some, there's hazing.

Does wrestling actually have a bigger problem with hazing than other sports? I don't know, but it seems like it.

For those that stated something about "not a shock it was a wrestler"............you are an idiot if serious.
Based on a cursory Google search, it seems like a pretty common problem in that sport across the country.

Last edited:
They need to do a better job policing themselves. The problem is that many of the coaches are meatheads themselves.

For those that stated something about "not a shock it was a wrestler"............you are an idiot if serious.
Not shocked it's a wrestler. Posted this in another thread, but I've had a handful of wrestlers tell stories about sticking pencils up kids asses as a way of hazing. One went as far as discussing it during a best man speech and how the coach was there for it. They literally thought that was normal behavior.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moral
Not shocked it's a wrestler. Posted this in another thread, but I've had a handful of wrestlers tell stories about sticking pencils up kids asses as a way of hazing. One went as far as discussing it during a best man speech and how the coach was there for it. They literally thought that was normal behavior.
I have been around the sport for almost 40 years, coached for 20, and I have never heard anything like this. Please don't make this seem like a normal thing for wrestlers to do.

WTF? I've been involved with the sport my whole life and never heard of anything close to this, other than news stories. Is it a western Iowa thing?

Reactions: Herkuleez5
I have been around the sport for almost 40 years, coached for 20, and I have never heard anything like this. Please don't make this seem like a normal thing for wrestlers to do.

Then you haven't been paying attention. Lisbon and Nodaway Valley come to mind.

I have a FIL that wrestled and coached for about the same and 5 cousins that wrestled. Hearing the stories about the pencil and shit my cousins have said, I have a good idea that wrestlers are a weird bunch and they don't disagree.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
Didn't Lisbon wrestling have some hazing scandal around pissing on people several years ago?
- Four former Lisbon High School wrestlers were charged Thursday with misdemeanor assault charges for multiple incidents of bullying which came to light in late December

Nathan Taylor Jubeck, 18, and Dakota Christian VanDyke, 18, are charged with misdemeanor assault stemming from an incident in the shower locker room, according to a criminal complaint filed Thursday. They are accused of urinating on a 15-year-old. If convicted, they could face probation or up to 30 days in jail.

Delinquency charges of assault and third-degree harassment have also been filed in juvenile court against two 17-year-olds for incidents which occurred in the wrestling room, according to a news release from the Linn County Attorney's Office Thursday. They are accused of placing their genitalia in the 15-year-old's face. If convicted, the juveniles would face probation or time at the training school.

The allegations came to light in December, when a 15-year-old member of the team reported to school officials and the Lisbon Police Department that some upperclassmen of the team held him down while others allegedly placed their genitalia in his face, according to the release. The incident occurred before the coaches arrived and practice began.

In another reported incident, other wrestlers allegedly urinated on the 15-year-old in the shower of the locker room after practice concluded, according to the release. The 15-year-old didn't immediately report the abuse until some of the members threatened to continue such acts against him.

ADVERTISEMENT