ADVERTISEMENT

IA wrestling champ charged with felony assault in connection with alleged hazing incident

Naturally the wrestling fans come out and says it is a prob in all sports. While, incidents might happen in others, this a systemic problem in wrestling.

Even my friends that are wrestlers acknowledge that.

Don't ask Gym Jordan though.

Perpetrating an offense like this can cause so much damage for the victims. And there are statistics out there that show people that have been sexually offended upon are likely to repeat the same type of stuff to others when they grow up.

Naturally the wrestling fans come out and says it is a prob in all sports. While, incidents might happen in others, this a systemic problem in wrestling.

Perpetrating an offense like this can cause so much damage for the victims. And there are statistics out there that show people that have been sexually offended upon are likely to repeat the same type of stuff to others when they grow up.
Lol.

Reactions: globalhawk
I think something needs to be distinguished here as the term "hazing" is interjected.

Some cases are flat out RAPE.
Agreed, it's not hazing or locker room/boys will be boys stuff. Several degrees beyond that.

Not only was the kid sexually violated, which is bad enough, but virtually everyone in that school and community knows what happened to him and he has to live the embarrassment of it every day. He will always he that kid that got a pencil shoved up his anus.

Agreed, it's not hazing or locker room/boys will be boys stuff. Several degrees beyond that.

Not only was the kid sexually violated, which is bad enough, but virtually everyone in that school and community knows what happened to him and he has to live the embarrassment of it every day. He will always he that kid that got a pencil shoved up his anus.

Yes. This is similar to what the Newton parent was saying which was linked in another post.

He was held down and "thumbed" by other wrestlers. He was ridiculed and made fun of by other students as word of the incident spread. He ended up transferring to a different school as did a couple others that probably had the same treatment. Two of the wrestlers involved were allowed to wrestle in districts which was a week or so later. It seems like every so often you read about the penetration with a broom handle, thumb, or now I guess in the most recent a pencil.
Seriously, why? Why would anyone want to do that? Effing neanderthals

You never cease to amaze me in how dumb you are on this board. It happens in all sports but go ahead and stick your head in the sand. I doubt you even have friends let alone wrestlers.

You never cease to amaze me in how dumb you are on this board. It happens in all sports but go ahead and stick your head in the sand. I doubt you even have friends let alone wrestlers.

I'm glad I am so dumb on this board for you. My head is not in the sand, but the accuser usually is what they accuse.

Reactions: joelbc1
“Better a head in the sand than a pencil in the ass” — Abraham Lincoln

I have a FIL that wrestled and coached for about the same and 5 cousins that wrestled. Hearing the stories about the pencil and shit my cousins have said, I have a good idea that wrestlers are a weird bunch and they don't disagree.
I agree, wrestlers are a different breed, and I am not saying that hazing or anything like this should ever be acceptable. I'm just trying to say that it happens in other sports too, it is dumb HS kids that make dumb decisions.
Any kid caught doing should be prosecuted.

Reactions: globalhawk
So I guess it was a No. 2 pencil?

200w.gif

I do find it funny that it’s the same posters that come rushing to talk down about wrestlers and the sport whenever they get a chance.

I spent my entire youth around the sport and can say with absolutely certainty that the most mentally strong people I know are all wrestlers. If you never did it, you will never understand what it takes to be successful.

The “it’s just sweaty guys rolling around” are typically the loudmouth pussies who have to talk down things they know they could never do themselves.

Speaking for myself, it’s bemusement not hatred. I think wrestlers are squirrely, but harbor no hate toward them.

I will say that all anal penetration should absolutely be consensual though 🙂
I knew some wrestlers when I was at Iowa. One was straight up a-hole, but the others were just crazy in their own quirky ways.

I played sports and had minor hazing. My kids play sports and my oldest is the only one through HS so far and he had some minor hazing. That was all stuff like crawling in the mud, carrying gear for the upper classmen, getting singled out in drills, getting stupid nicknames, etc. My oldest is now pledging a frat at NC St and more of the same.

Anal penetration isn’t hazing. It’s rape.

Last edited:
I do find it funny that it’s the same posters that come rushing to talk down about wrestlers and the sport whenever they get a chance.

I spent my entire youth around the sport and can say with absolutely certainty that the most mentally strong people I know are all wrestlers. If you never did it, you will never understand what it takes to be successful.

The “it’s just sweaty guys rolling around” are typically the loudmouth pussies who have to talk down things they know they could never do themselves.
Yep. It’s definitely not a sport for the timid.

Reactions: GlenHawk
Why not? The phuquer is a sex criminal? Maybe he can date your daughter some day? The creep belongs in a facility where he gets some psycho help and therapy. There just is no excuse for this behavior.....NONE! Let the little idiot spend the rest of his life on the state's sex registry.
Who is excusing the creepy behavior of this individual? For some reason, you want to drag the entire sport of wrestling into the discussion. Why?

Who is excusing the creepy behavior of this individual? For some reason, you want to drag the entire sport of wrestling into the discussion. Why?
There is NO defense for this type of behavior! He is a sick criminal who needs to be prosecuted, judged and if found guilty duly punished. It is not any thing to take lightly. The kid he attacked will have to live with the shame and humiliation of this act for the rest of his life. Anyone who even thinks of trivalizing this type of behavior is a sick sumbitch! Wrestler....or not.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
There is NO defense for this type of behavior! He is a sick criminal who needs to be prosecuted, judged and if found guilty duly punished. It is not any thing to take lightly. The kid he attacked will have to live with the shame and humiliation of this act for the rest of his life. Anyone who even thinks of trivalizing this type of behavior is a sick sumbitch! Wrestler....or not.
I don't think there is a single person in this thread disagreeing with you that this person is a creep and should be prosecuted, so I am not sure where you are seeing anyone trivializing the behavior of this individual.

Reactions: OILCHECKER

You and I agree 100% on this. If guilty, prison and lifetime on the registry.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
Here perhaps...go the wrestling board.....but this is serious shit....abiut as bad as it can get.
I guess I am not seeing what you're seeing on the wrestling board either. One guy called it a simple prank and got roasted. He then apologized and corrected himself to say it was a stupid prank. Like here, most posters are agreeing that this behavior is unacceptable and that the creep needs to be prosecuted for his actions and punished if found guilty. Many have also expressed sympathy for the victim.

What I am still not following is why you, and a few others, feel the need to try and drag an entire sport into this situation as if this behavior is somehow relatable to the sport of wrestling.

I guess I am not seeing what you're seeing on the wrestling board either. One guy called it a simple prank and got roasted. He then apologized and corrected himself to say it was a stupid prank. Like here, most posters are agreeing that this behavior is unacceptable and that the creep needs to be prosecuted for his actions and punished if found guilty. Many have also expressed sympathy for the victim.

What I am still not following is why you, and a few others, feel the need to try and drag an entire sport into this situation as if this behavior is somehow relatable to the sport of wrestling.
OHHHHHH he changed it from SIMPLE prank to STUPID prank. Is that what most wrestlers consider sexual assault. A stupid prank? How f*cking warped is that mindset.

OHHHHHH he changed it from SIMPLE prank to STUPID prank. Is that what most wrestlers consider sexual assault. A stupid prank? How f*cking warped is that mindset.
Lol no, dude. Wtf are you talking about? I am simply stating what happened. ONE person made a comment that you don't like and suddenly you think every wrestler thinks that way.

As a parent these stories just hit so hard. I know that I would be looking at some fairly serious time as that is one 106 lb 17 year old that would be in very serious harm.
Even as a state champ he still has little man syndrome.

This isn't hazing, this is rape. Charge him as an adult and give that pos 10 years.

Lol no, dude. Wtf are you talking about? I am simply stating what happened. ONE person made a comment that you don't like and suddenly you think every wrestler thinks that way.
I asked if that's what MOST wrestlers consider sexual assault, never said they do, and I know reading is probably difficult for you but where did I say "every" in my post.

I asked if that's what MOST wrestlers consider sexual assault, never said they do, and I know reading is probably difficult for you but where did I say "every" in my post.
Lol well, if you read the thread on the wrestling board you would see that MOST of the posters feel the exact same way you do about this situation.

So to answer your idiotic question, no, MOST wrestlers don't consider sodomy a stupid prank.

ADVERTISEMENT