ADVERTISEMENT

Idiot protesters playing on the train tracks now.

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
Dear Engineers, drive faster please. Signed, everyone.

PORTLAND, Ore — A group of protesters gathered in downtown Portland on Tuesday evening and several were arrested after police say they threw projectiles at officers.

Portland police says the group gathered at the site of the Portland Saturday market on Naito Parkway at around 9:45 p.m. and marched in the street to the Transit Police Department Offices on NW 1st Ave.

Authorities say the group blocked MAX train rails, interfering with trains getting into the area, and some blocked traffic on the road, as well.

At around 10 p.m., PPB says it made announcements for the crowd to open up the street to traffic, but many did not adhere to the orders. The department say that's when members of the group threw eggs and water bottles at officers.

While targeted arrests were being made, PPB says the group then marched to the Justice Center at around 11 p.m. where they also blocked traffic.

"Despite telling the group to exit the street, they continued to stand in the street, blocking vehicular traffic," PPB said in their Wednesday statement.

How do you like Portland? I hear the food scene is pretty nice. Housing prices reasonable?

Are they having protests too? You live in that Portland?

Oh...I get it. You...a Florida State fan that lives in California and posts on an Iowa message board are taking issue with people posting about stuff going on in a place that they don’t live. I get it now. Good one. You really nailed me with that. Better watch myself from now on.

This has the potential to cause confusion and delay.

Last edited:
Oh...I get it. You...a Florida State fan that lives in California and posts on an Iowa message board are taking issue with people posting about stuff going on in a place that they don’t live. I get it now. Good one. You really nailed me with that. Better watch myself from now on.
Sorry, I just assumed that someone so obsessed with Portland had a connection there. I don’t participate in the Casey’s pizza or QC threads, because they mean nothing to me.

The light-rail in Portland is basically a taxpayer-funded moving homeless shelter.
Blocking it has no effect on the man inside shooting up or the mental patient who pisses on the seats and calls it Eskimo pie.

Sorry, I just assumed that someone so obsessed with Portland had a connection there. I don’t participate in the Casey’s pizza or QC threads, because they mean nothing to me.

And here you are smack dab in the middle of a Portland thread. Like every other Portland thread. How long have you lived there?

Reactions: Chuck C and Nipigu
As a railroad employee with knowledge of railroad law enforcement, I can say that trespassing on tracks by demonstrators will lead to involvement from several federal agencies. And don’t even ask about the fines that come with illegally fouling tracks and/or railroad property. If rioters think the local police they encounter lack a sense of humor, wait until they deal with FRA or railroad police. It’s best to steer clear of the tracks.

Reactions: SigMaintHawk
As a railroad employee with knowledge of railroad law enforcement, I can say that trespassing on tracks by demonstrators will lead to involvement from several federal agencies. And don’t even ask about the fines that come with illegally fouling tracks and/or railroad property. If rioters think the local police they encounter lack a sense of humor, wait until they deal with FRA or railroad police. It’s best to steer clear of the tracks.
Sadly these people are not intelligent enough to heed this warning. They think they are invincible and above the laws. Someone will end up a grease spot before this is all over.

The light-rail in Portland is basically a taxpayer-funded moving homeless shelter.
Blocking it has no effect on the man inside shooting up or the mental patient who pisses on the seats and calls it Eskimo pie.

I found them to be nice when I visited. Best way to downtown Portland from the airport. Cheap as hell too.

ADVERTISEMENT