ADVERTISEMENT

If he’d only worn 3 masks…Fauci tests positive for COVID.

Lol at people thinking they could actually prevent themselves from catching Covid by closing things and wearing masks.
It was always going to get you, one strain or another...
Of course, there were a lot of things we didn’t know back in 2020, and having the vaccines certainly changed the risk-benefit calculation...

Reactions: sober_teacher
This needs to be repeated again and again. These people ruined lives and negatively affected the entire world. The inflation we are seeing today is directly related to Fauci and others trying to shut down the world economy. It is an all time blunder and yet nobody is held accountable.
The real blunder is rushing to go back to “normal” despite that “normal” isn’t working, is unsustainable, and fueling instability. For a few weeks there, early in the pandemic, some good conversations were being had on a broader scale… only to quickly disappear back into our addiction to consumerism.

The real blunder is rushing to go back to “normal” despite that “normal” isn’t working, is unsustainable, and fueling instability. For a few weeks there, early in the pandemic, some good conversations were being had on a broader scale… only to quickly disappear back into our addiction to consumerism.
Yeah, we see how effective all the measures turned out....

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk and Flie
Stupid or serious? If you're wearing a mask to protect others, you must have it which means you shouldn't be out in public to risk spreading it, stupid.
Unless, of course, you do not know if you have it or do not know if you have been exposed. Of course one should not be out in public if you know you have it. One would have to be either stupid or narcissistic to do otherwise.

Doctors have said the masks are to protect others, but I'm sure you and your brethren have the medical knowledge to know better than they do.
Doctors have said a lot of stuff that hasn't turned out to be true. They said that Covid is primarily spread by large droplets, which apparently isn't the case. Everything said about the efficacy of the vaccines has been exaggerated. They said masks didn't work, then said cloth masks work, and now we're at only N95's work.

From a common sense perspective, why would virus particles protect the other person and not the wearer?

Who are my brethren?

FWIW, I trusted the experts early on. I stopped trusting them when it became apparent they weren't trustworthy. One doesn't need to be a doctor to be able to see what's actually happening doesn't agree with what the so-called experts are telling us.

Some serious critical thinking skills on display here.

Lol at people thinking they could actually prevent themselves from catching Covid by closing things and wearing masks.
It was always going to get you, one strain or another...

No doubt there were more people than we’d like to think that thought this, or on the flip side that all such measures were totally useless. Maybe the single biggest lesson I learned from the pandemic was how utterly clueless most people are about how medical care works.

None of these measures were ever truly meant to “stop” the spread of Covid. They were how ever meant to hopefully slow the spread so that hospitals didn’t get overwhelmed, we could try and keep up with demand on medical supplies and above all, try and buy time until vaccines could become widely available to truly make an impact against covid. The number of people who also thought vaccines meant immunity is also remarkably high.

Reactions: McLovin32
No doubt there were more people than we’d like to think that thought this, or on the flip side that all such measures were totally useless. Maybe the single biggest lesson I learned from the pandemic was how utterly clueless most people are about how medical care works.

None of these measures were ever truly meant to “stop” the spread of Covid. They were how ever meant to hopefully slow the spread so that hospitals didn’t get overwhelmed, we could try and keep up with demand on medical supplies and above all, try and buy time until vaccines could become widely available to truly make an impact against covid. The number of people who also thought vaccines meant immunity is also remarkably high.
You are correct about the original goals. Then the goals magically shifted, just as the recommendations shifted. Fauci is on record in February 2020 in the NEJMas saying there was no reason for major concern. He's also on record in early 2020 as saying cloth masks weren't effective, and unnecessary. Folks will say, "we learned more". Sure we did. That said, there were a lot of pronouncements by experts that had no qualifications attached. Even Fauci admitted to making recommendations based on public perception rather than science.

You are correct about the original goals. Then the goals magically shifted, just as the recommendations shifted. Fauci is on record in February 2020 in the NEJMas saying there was no reason for major concern. He's also on record in early 2020 as saying cloth masks weren't effective, and unnecessary. Folks will say, "we learned more". Sure we did. That said, there were a lot of pronouncements by experts that had no qualifications attached. Even Fauci admitted to making recommendations based on public perception rather than science.

More than anything it turned into a PR battle, with massive misinformation coming from Trump and others. Most of what Fauci and others said, especially the stuff that ultimately turned out to be wrong or at least greatly exaggerated, I think came in reaction to that.

Too many people were intent on being the loudest voice in the room vs simply getting it right.

Reactions: McLovin32

No, initially we were told the measures could 'stop' covid. It quickly became apparent to many that wasn't true.
We reached the point where hospitals were at no risk of being overwhelmed. But, the restrictions remained, and the resulting damage continued.
And, we were told that vaccines were to reach herd immunity. Initially they were even throwing out numbers, 75-80% of vaccinated/with antibodies...but that also faded away as it became clear that vaccines weren't even preventing spread.

Yeah, we see how effective all the measures turned out....
I’m alluding more to neoliberalism and globalism and supply chain economy. Early pandemic showed us in no uncertain terms many issues inherent to this stuff. And it was actually being discussed in places other than nerdy outposts of society and media. Sigh… it was short-lived. And now we’re just back to the blame game crap.

@Pinehawk maybe this post helps clarify, because I suspect you misunderstood my previous post.

Most of this is inane gobbledygook, but an especially big lol to our “addiction to consumerism”. It’s actually pronounced “economic activity” and it’s what makes the world go around.

Countless lives were damaged by Fauci, who it should also be said likely funded the creation of COVID 19 in the first place through his recklessness. His advice during this entire pandemic has fueled confusion, mistrust and an economic catastrophe. That he still holds his job is amazing.

More than anything it turned into a PR battle, with massive misinformation coming from Trump and others. Most of what Fauci and others said, especially the stuff that ultimately turned out to be wrong or at least greatly exaggerated, I think came in reaction to that.

Too many people were intent on being the loudest voice in the room vs simply getting it right.
I don't know the answer, but I do know Trump didn't come up with HCQ and other things on his own. He got that noise from someone. Fauci made a lot of pronouncements before Trump. We can go back over the timeline if you want.

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
Most of this is inane gobbledygook, but an especially big lol to our “addiction to consumerism”. It’s actually pronounced “economic activity” and it’s what makes the world go around.

Countless lives were damaged by Fauci, who it should also be said likely funded the creation of COVID 19 in the first place through his recklessness. His advice during this entire pandemic has fueled confusion, mistrust and an economic catastrophe. That he still holds his job is amazing.
I’m sorry, but I think you’re wrong on the “inane gobbledygook” front, especially since your defensive reaction appears poised to close off anything that even suggests our current economic system has flaws. This is the reaction of a capitalism cultist.

I’m not arguing with you re: Fauci.

No, initially we were told the measures could 'stop' covid. It quickly became apparent to many that wasn't true.
We reached the point where hospitals were at no risk of being overwhelmed. But, the restrictions remained, and the resulting damage continued.
And, we were told that vaccines were to reach herd immunity. Initially they were even throwing out numbers, 75-80% of vaccinated/with antibodies...but that also faded away as it became clear that vaccines weren't even preventing spread.
What were we being told about herd immunity from infection?

I don't know the answer, but I do know Trump didn't come up with HCQ and other things on his own. He got that noise from someone. Fauci made a lot of pronouncements before Trump. We can go back over the timeline if you want.
No I’m sure you’re right that Trump wasn’t first on that. It did carry more weight coming from him as POTUS however.

What were we being told about herd immunity from infection?

That between antibodies produced from vaccination, and from natural infection, that herd immunity could be reached providing protection from future Covid infection.

That's how they were promoting and pushing the vaccine early on.
Until they realized it actually didn't protect you from infection. Then, the narrative shifted and became all about vaccination to prevent serious illness and death.
And, a bunch of people pretended that was the message from the start.

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
That between antibodies produced from vaccination, and from natural infection, that herd immunity could be reached providing protection from future Covid infection.

That's how they were promoting and pushing the vaccine early on.
Until they realized it actually didn't protect you from infection. Then, the narrative shifted and became all about vaccination to prevent serious illness and death.
And, a bunch of people pretended that was the message from the start.
I didn’t ask about vaccines. I asked about herd immunity from infection (alone). What were the percentages being floated around early on?

I’m sorry, but I think you’re wrong on the “inane gobbledygook” front, especially since your defensive reaction appears poised to close off anything that even suggests our current economic system has flaws. This is the reaction of a capitalism cultist.

I’m not arguing with you re: Fauci.
Capitalism cultist? It’s not a cult, it’s the most successful economic system man has ever decided. Communism is so bad you guys can’t even admit what you are and what you want to do.

Capitalism cultist? It’s not a cult, it’s the most successful economic system man has ever decided. Communism is so bad you guys can’t even admit what you are and what you want to do.
So.. no flaws? No unintended consequences? No concerns about sustainability?

When was capitalism the most “successful” for the greatest percentage of people?

The moment you express this stuff as an either/or sort of binary — especially when it’s either capitalism or communism — well, it’s hard to take you seriously. You sound brainwashed, incapable of considering any nuance or critique. In other words, similar to a cultist.

There isn’t a single ism this world has ever experienced that I would characterize as you have, in such determinedly worshiping-like terms.

Capitalism is the greatest system, foundational to our country. Opportunities for all that are willing to work. Still the greatest country in the world!

Capitalism is the greatest system, foundational to our country. Opportunities for all that are willing to work. Still the greatest country in the world!
So.. no flaws? No unintended consequences? No concerns about sustainability?

When was capitalism the most “successful” for the greatest percentage of people?

The moment you express this stuff as an either/or sort of binary — especially when it’s either capitalism or communism — well, it’s hard to take you seriously. You sound brainwashed, incapable of considering any nuance or critique. In other words, similar to a cultist.

There isn’t a single ism this world has ever experienced that I would characterize as you have, in such determinedly worshiping-like terms.

The Radical Right still has a "hard on" for Fauci because many want to blame him for Trump's landslide loss in 2020.

They think by constantly having to correct Trump's Covid lies, Fauci undercut 45.

Trump was the reason Trump got curb stomped.
And here I thought it was because he lied regularly to the public.

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
Why don't you just tell me what you want to, instead of playing some drawn out game?
You’ve only made it drawn out due to poor reading comprehension. The question is simple, you just wasted your time on the first response by not answering it. To be any more straight forward, I would need to incorporate pictures drawn in crayon.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT