ADVERTISEMENT

If I am reading this correctly, it largely hinges on PA?

I thought Biden’s comments were about fracking on federal land. Only 2% of Pennsylvania’s land is owned by the Federal government, of which only 10-12,000 acres is used for oil and gas development.

Seems like an overblown issue. What am I missing?
That Biden is a liar.

Most americans want to end the oil subsidies gone.
Sure except this isnt a national popular vote. This is precisely why. The voters in certain states care very much about this issue.

You have made a very nice argument, without knowing it, against a move to a national popular vote.

Sure except this isnt a national popular vote. This is precisely why. The voters in certain states care very much about this issue.

You have made a very nice argument, without knowing it, against a move to a national popular vote.

I've never argued for moving towards a national popular vote. I do think the EC needs tweaking however.

If it should ever come to pass that Texas in particular starts to lean blue in the future, I guarantee the GOP will start calling for that too. Dems being able to reliably claim NY and CA already puts them 1/3 of the way towards 270, Adding Texas would put them nearly halfway.

As regards to oil, the trend both nationally, and in most states (including those with oil) has been towards ending the oil subsidy - and I really have a hard time understanding that subsidy at this point anyways. Biden being for ending that I really don't think moves the needle very much and I doubt would be the thing that costs him the election.

As regards to oil, the trend both nationally, and in most states (including those with oil) has been towards ending the oil subsidy - and I really have a hard time understanding that subsidy at this point anyways. Biden being for ending that I really don't think moves the needle very much and I doubt would be the thing that costs him the election.
Guess we will see. I think its the people that see their jobs being at risk with the end of the subsidies not the companies themselves. That matters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT