ADVERTISEMENT

If I am reading this correctly, it largely hinges on PA?

Biden really needs to blitz PA with a clear message on his fracking stance. That's what ultimately will kill his chances in this state unless he clearly, unequivocally, forcefully and quickly makes it known that he will not ban fracking. Trump and the super PACs are pummeling him over his waffling on this issue.

It cracks me up that some folks think that fracking is an issue anyone cares about. It’s not.

Reactions: TheCainer
Didn't we say this in 2016 as well?
We've discussed this before.

Multiple polling sites have taken the view that they're not going to underestimate Trump's support this cycle and are actually probably overcounting in his favor.

I don't know how old you are, but history has taught us in past elections that high voter turnout is not favorable to the Party that is in control of the WH. 2008 is the most recent example.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Didn't we say this in 2016 as well?

GA, IA, and AZ weren't really in-play in 2016. Or the crazy shit we're seeing in TX

There were huge swings in 538's projections last in 2016. This year, very steady Jun/Jul/Aug with consistent increase thereafter towards Biden

If the polls are wrong in all these states yet again, then the pollsters are toast.

Biden made it pretty clear at the end of the last debate he was going to end the oil industry. He couldn't have been any more clear. That's why he will lose oil producing states.

What you're saying is he needs to lie again, not give a "clear message" because he already did give us a clear message.

The oil industry is inevitably doomed on its own.

Multiple polling sites have taken the view that they're not going to underestimate Trump's support this cycle and are actually probably overcounting in his favor.

I don't know how old you are, but history has taught us in past elections that high voter turnout is not favorable to the Party that is in control of the WH. 2008 is the most recent example.
I am hoping Biden wins. I am probably older than you are, and yes I know that high vote turnout is not good for the party is in control. All I am saying is let's not get ahead of ourselves and rest on the numbers currently out there.

I am hoping Biden wins. I am probably older than you are, and yes I know that high vote turnout is not good for the party is in control. All I am saying is let's not get ahead of ourselves and rest on the numbers currently out there.
Most people my age are dead, so I'm probably your elder.

But I agree. Leave no doubt.

GA, IA, and AZ weren't really in-play in 2016. Or the crazy shit we're seeing in TX

There were huge swings in 538's projections last in 2016. This year, very steady Jun/Jul/Aug with consistent increase thereafter towards Biden

If the polls are wrong in all these states yet again, then the pollsters are toast.
Ever since cell phones replaced most all land lines and caller ID exists pollsters have been toast.

I understand why you're spooked. I really believe this time around there are a lot of silent Biden supporters. Plus, a lot of pollsters are probably overcompensating for Trump because of 2016.

We'll see. I just think this is a lot different than 2016. One, Joe Biden isn't polarizing like Hillary. Two, I'm guessing a lot of the indifferent libs who stayed home in 2016, assuming Hillary had it in the bag, will vote this time around. And third, he's lost a lot of women.
I agree with much of that but I’d also say Trump has widened his lead with the working class. Men and women. And I think will over perform in turnout of them on election day. Compared to 2016.

Trump support is a different animal.

Reactions: biggreydogs
Biden made it pretty clear at the end of the last debate he was going to end the oil industry. He couldn't have been any more clear. That's why he will lose oil producing states.

What you're saying is he needs to lie again, not give a "clear message" because he already did give us a clear message.
:rolleyes:

Why? Plenty of oil and people who love using it.

Not going away tomorrow but it’s going to get harder to extract and more importantly people don’t won’t that extraction to take place in their backyards. Oil is going to get much more expensive making renewables more attractive.

That and electric vehicles are becoming more affordable,better, with longer running batteries.

Not going away tomorrow but it’s going to get harder to extract and more importantly people don’t won’t that extraction to take place in their backyards. Oil is going to get much more expensive making renewables more attractive.

That and electric vehicles are becoming more affordable,better, with longer running batteries.
It's actually becoming much easier to locate and extract oil and there seems to plenty of it. What are we charging all those batteries with? The only clean affordable option is nuclear.

Look how that electoral college is protecting the little states. The whole election comes down to PA and FL. The rest of the 48 can be ignored. It’s time to end this nonsense.
It's been this way for years...

n_hardball_8history_121026.jpg

Reactions: naturalmwa
It cracks me up that some folks think that fracking is an issue anyone cares about. It’s not.
Your response here is ambiguous. Do you mean that fracking is not something on peoples' minds? Or do you mean that the potential harmful environmental effects of fracking are no longer an issue that people care about, thus they have accepted fracking as A-OK?

He said transition from oil which will take decades but its already started....and end oil subsidies which is corporate wellfare you dumbass. I know righties love corporate and farmer wellfare but you can't suck off that government teat forever. At least that's what they tell the poors
This is the Friday morning spin the DNC put on it after the reaction to the debate Thursday night. We all know what he said, it came straight from his mouth.

Your response here is ambiguous. Do you mean that fracking is not something on peoples' minds? Or do you mean that the potential harmful environmental effects of fracking are no longer an issue that people care about, thus they have accepted fracking as A-OK?

It's just not a compelling issue for most people. The ones who are concerned about it have fracking in their back yards and when they seem the environmental impact, they are none too happy about it. You also may see interest in those whose livelihoods are tied directly to the oil and gas industry, but again, that's a very small segment of the overall population.

It’s all about PA and FL on election night. Like stated before, if PA is won by Biden then it is basically over for trump. This election will hung on a couple of states and is a lottttt closer then what people are saying.

Interesting nugget, expect PA to look closer than it actually is on Election night. Biden will have a slight lead and pull away as all mail in ballots are counted.

It's just not a compelling issue for most people. The ones who are concerned about it have fracking in their back yards and when they seem the environmental impact, they are none too happy about it. You also may see interest in those whose livelihoods are tied directly to the oil and gas industry, but again, that's a very small segment of the overall population.
Where do you live? In Pennsylvania, especially Western Pennsylvania, hundreds of thousands of people are involved in fracking. That is not a small segment of the overall population. It is a critical issue in this state in this election.

Reactions: haw-key
Most polling on today's RCP numbers look good for the Dems. The thing that stands out is the consistency and the numbers seem to show Trump hasn't really dented Biden's support very much, if at all.

Seniors and white females are Turd's biggest obstacles.

I thought Biden’s comments were about fracking on federal land. Only 2% of Pennsylvania’s land is owned by the Federal government, of which only 10-12,000 acres is used for oil and gas development.

Seems like an overblown issue. What am I missing?

I thought Biden’s comments were about fracking on federal land. Only 2% of Pennsylvania’s land is owned by the Federal government, of which only 10-12,000 acres is used for oil and gas development.

Seems like an overblown issue. What am I missing?

The petroleum subsidies that he wants gone immediately,... Biden is not a friend to oil.

Where do you live? In Pennsylvania, especially Western Pennsylvania, hundreds of thousands of people are involved in fracking. That is not a small segment of the overall population. It is a critical issue in this state in this election.
I live in western Pa and i'm sitting on 2 capped wells for the last 12 years. They aren't doing me any good, until they open them up and have a few neighbors in the same position.

I live in western Pa and i'm sitting on 2 capped wells for the last 12 years. They aren't doing me any good, until they open them up and have a few neighbors in the same position.
Three questions: Do you have a lease? Which gas company drilled them? Why are the capped?

ADVERTISEMENT