ADVERTISEMENT

If I die in a car accident

Roadside_Memorial.JPG

My late stepfathers son does this with his daughter who died in an accident. She fell asleep driving after taking her boyfriend to Iowa City for work. That was 15 years ago or so. He spends at least an hour every week grooming the patch of grass alongside the road. It’s therapeutic for him.

Point is, it wouldn’t be about you it would be about your family you selfish prick. 😎

These bother me for some reason. We have places set aside to honor and remember the dead. They are called cemeteries. But, some decide they will turn public space into a monument to a person who is long dead in some cases. I’m sorry, but I don’t want to see the reminder of a car accident everyday.

There is one big one in someone’s yard in Iowa City. It’s probably grown to cover a 3’ x 5’ area with two boards covered in pictures, candles, flowers and more. I sometimes wonder what I’d do if that was my yard. You just have to let it become a quasi-cemetery forever?

Reactions: OutbackBowl2017
I saw a lot of them on one corner as I was winding my way through some mountain road in appalachia this weekend and 1) completely understood how it happened there, 2) thought about how embarrassing it would be for all of my relatives to know that i died by going off a cliff somewhere in appalaicha and 3) took my challenger out of sport mode and put the traction control back on

My late stepfathers son does
Point is, it wouldn’t be about you it would be about your family you selfish prick. 😎
I've already told Mrs Alaska I couldn't care less what she does with my meat sack once I vacate it. And if I find out she spent more than what it would cost for a pine box to be thrown into a furnace I will come back from the dead specifically to haunt her for the rest of her days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT