ADVERTISEMENT

If I were a Senate Republican with a Dem governor, I would be begging McConnell not to bring a vote...

ping72

HR Legend
Jan 14, 2009
And it has nothing to do with politics. There is so much hate and division right now, and there are so many crazy people out there (on both sides), I would be very scared for my personal safety.

I truly and honestly hope nothing like this happens, or is even attempted…It would make things so much worse. It would likely ignite something that couldn’t be stopped.

But I would be absolutely shocked if there are not people at least exploring the feasibility of this as I type.

May God save our country.

And it has nothing to do with politics. There is so much hate and division right now, and there are so many crazy people out there (on both sides), I would be very scared for my personal safety.

I truly and honestly hope nothing like this happens, or is even attempted…It would make things so much worse. It would likely ignite something that couldn’t be stopped.

But I would be absolutely shocked if there are not people at least exploring the feasibility of this as I type.

It’s sad, it really is.

There is animosity on BOTH sides, but when it comes to hate, Democrats take the cake. Just read some of the comments not only on this board, but social media from lefties. Constantly expressing unabashed hatred. Wishing death on people. It’s insane. They are unable to carry on a civil conversation. If you don’t hate Trump and Republicans 100%, 24/7, or if you disagree with them in any way, shape or form, you are called stupid....a moron...an idiot.

There most definitely are despicable Republicans out there. Absolutely. But who are looting and burning our cities? It ain’t Republicans.

It just makes me sick. I don’t care what side a person is on. I respect their opinion....UNTIL they start with hate speech and name calling. That is why I have so many people on ignore. These folks have gone overboard. I cannot imagine going thru life perpetually angry and full of hate.

I agree. May God save our country.

I think the Senate has already held up key issues on Covid economic support for Main St, election protection and the USPS issues, that if they gun a new Justice through in the next month, the voters are going to brutalize them in November.

If Mitch wins this battle, I think he loses the war. People are getting tired of Trump, and Main St is hanging on by a thread. Dump people's access to healthcare and you're really going to have some hard outcomes and issues for rural Americans....

The sh*tshow that will be going through the Senate for the next several weeks if the GOP is determined to bring a confirmation vote will be fodder for the Biden campaign, as well as for 8-9 Senate challengers. Trump is already running the Dems campaigns for them; why not have McConnell help out. Once Trump is removed from office and McConnell is removed from power, things will be a lot better. Persevere. This too will pass.

The sh*tshow that will be going through the Senate for the next several weeks if the GOP is determined to bring a confirmation vote will be fodder for the Biden campaign, as well as for 8-9 Senate challengers. Trump is already running the Dems campaigns for them; why not have McConnell help out. Once Trump is removed from office and McConnell is removed from power, things will be a lot better. Persevere. This too will pass.
Fodder for the Biden what? Campaign? There is no Biden campaign and you know it.

And your hot take is 180 degrees out of phase. IMO. This SC issue is a massive draw for Republicans particularly those, that for character reasons, may not have been drawn to turn out for Trump. The leftist groups are already mobilized and that vote is baked in. I don’t think they will get any extra votes from this of significance. I could be wrong, just my take.

Reactions: SIXERS24
It’s sad, it really is.

There is animosity on BOTH sides, but when it comes to hate, Democrats take the cake. Just read some of the comments not only on this board, but social media from lefties. Constantly expressing unabashed hatred. Wishing death on people. It’s insane. They are unable to carry on a civil conversation. If you don’t hate Trump and Republicans 100%, 24/7, or if you disagree with them in any way, shape or form, you are called stupid....a moron...an idiot.

There most definitely are despicable Republicans out there. Absolutely. But who are looting and burning our cities? It ain’t Republicans.

It just makes me sick. I don’t care what side a person is on. I respect their opinion....UNTIL they start with hate speech and name calling. That is why I have so many people on ignore. These folks have gone overboard. I cannot imagine going thru life perpetually angry and full of hate.

What were you expecting from Dems with the nonstop lies and slander and outright corruption from the right? This is unprecedented filth, Trumpturds are reaping what they have sown. The minority rule republicans cling to is tearing this country apart

It’s sad, it really is.

You need to watch the Social Dilemma. There are plenty of conservatives saying terrible things. The algorithm is feeding you what you want to see. Get off social media and the world is a better place.

Fodder for the Biden what? Campaign? There is no Biden campaign and you know it.

And your hot take is 180 degrees out of phase. IMO. This SC issue is a massive draw for Republicans particularly those, that for character reasons, may not have been drawn to turn out for Trump. The leftist groups are already mobilized and that vote is baked in. I don’t think they will get any extra votes from this of significance. I could be wrong, just my take.
Your making a suggestion that Biden doesn't even have a campaign makes it impossible to take anything you have to say seriously, and therefore, irrelevant. And BTW - your take makes very little sense.

It’s sad, it really is.

Trump should be hated, despised, and resisted by any decent human being.

But the level of anger towards him still pales to the irrational hatred towards Hillary, Obama, AOC, etc.

You need to watch the Social Dilemma. There are plenty of conservatives saying terrible things. The algorithm is feeding you what you want to see. Get off social media and the world is a better place.
I guess you missed where I said there is animosity on both sides, and there are despicable republicans.

What does a Dem gov have to do with it?

Governors appoint replacement senators when one dies.

If a R senator would die in office in the near future with a R governor, another R would get appointed super quick prior to the SCJ vote. If there was a D governor, the vote would go empty or flipped to D.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Governors appoint replacement senators when one dies.

If a R senator would die in office in the near future with a R governor, another R would get appointed super quick prior to the SCJ vote. If there was a D governor, the vote would go empty or flipped to D.

Thank you for clearing that up.

Republicans have been looting cities for decades. Rather than using bricks, they use corrupt financial practices.

Trump literally loots them, himself, by not reimbursing for campaign trips and the security they need to provide during visits. Several have been stiffed over the past several years. Haven't seen a lot of press on that recently.

Trump literally loots them, himself, by not reimbursing for campaign trips and the security they need to provide during visits. Several have been stiffed over the past several years. Haven't seen a lot of press on that recently.

JFC, you realize this issue, security and who pays for it, has been going on by both sides for years, right?

JFC, you realize this issue, security and who pays for it, has been going on by both sides for years, right?

Some recent presidential candidates, including Republican Ted Cruz in 2016 and Democratic also-rans Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, Cory Booker, Beto O'Rourke and Pete Buttigieg in 2020 routinely paid police bills municipal governments sent their campaigns. They argued it was the right thing to do, even if their campaigns weren't legally obliged.
President Barack Obama and 2016 Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton paid some police bills, but not others. Likewise, Sen. Bernie Sanders, who dropped out of the 2020 race this week, has a checkered history of paying such bills.

Dems seem to pay all or some of their bills.

Trump pays NONE.
If that's an issue for you, then consider who your support should go for.

Why Do Presidential Campaigns Often Skip Out On Paying Cities For Rally Bills?

The Center for Public Integrity found Democrats and Republicans are equally lax, and some don’t pay in a timely matter. Democrat Bernie Sanders reportedly owed cities $449,409 for police security and public costs, however the Sanders campaign provided WCCO-TV with this Federal Elections Commission report showing the campaign has no outstanding debt.

Bernie Sanders was the outlier here.

Warren paid. Harris paid. MORE Dems paid than Trump is paying.
Seems like you want to skip over that part.

Good grief you’re a dolt.

“The Center for Public Integrity found Democrats and Republicans are equally lax.”

Your making a suggestion that Biden doesn't even have a campaign makes it impossible to take anything you have to say seriously, and therefore, irrelevant. And BTW - your take makes very little sense.
Wel you’re wrong and if your party doesn’t figure out why youre wrong Biden will lose.

Good grief you’re a dolt.

“The Center for Public Integrity found Democrats and Republicans are equally lax.”

And....AGAIN....the EXAMPLES were Bernie Sanders. Full Stop.

OTHER Dem candidates paid. So, DON'T vote for Trump OR Bernie then.

Wel you’re wrong and if your party doesn’t figure out why youre wrong Biden will lose.
I like how you say "I could be wrong, just my take" in your post, I give a counterpoint, and you respond with "Wel [sic] you're wrong." Don't you find that funny?

I'd say the fundraising that has occurred the past 3 days for the Dems supports my take a lot more than it supports yours. Doesn't seem like Biden supporters are all apathetic at this point, does it? What you posted is about the 11th or 12th right-wing talking point I've laughed at the past few months, trying to demonstrate why millions of double-secret Trump voters will surface on Election Day. LOL.

So if you were a Senate Republican with a Repub Governor, you woudn't be concerned? Only if it's the Dem Governor? So the Dem Governor is the source of your fear?

Reactions: SIXERS24

Sounds like a plan.

Kudos to you for promoting the idea while making it sound like you aren't in favor.

Very clever.

• Haha
I'm surprised no one (to my knowledge) has yet suggested that RBG's death was "assisted" so that the Rs could have a reliable issue to campaign on as Trump collapses in the polls.

Just because this almost certainly helps the Rs, doesn't mean that such a plot was actually carried out. But I'm surprised at the total crickets.

It’s sad, it really is.

Yeah...it's clearly the Dems. Good grief. The hate is on both sides. Though one side hates because they were indoctrined to hate. The other because they see hateful and treasonous things being done to their country and that's the only emotion left to feel.

Last edited:
I guess you missed where I said there is animosity on both sides, and there are despicable republicans.
I know you've got me on ignore because I told you to rot in hell for your blatant hypocrisy you won't acknowledge. Fine by me, I know it's because you know you're wrong. I don't believe in hell so it's an empty curse from me.

Oh, they have a health care plan. Pretty soon we will be shown great details. I hear it will be the best plan ever.
I hear they're going to protect people with preexisting conditions which they think is important. And they'll give lip service on working with pharam companies on drug prices.

I hear they're going to protect people with preexisting conditions which they think is important. And they'll give lip service on working with pharam companies on drug prices.
It will surely be amazing. And, it was implemented so quickly and seamlessly... oh, wait.

ADVERTISEMENT