ADVERTISEMENT

If Iowa wants a big out of the portal…..

Missouri hired his juco coach as an assistant. Louisville has offered a $100,000 NIL.

My question is, why the hell wasn't this guy heavily recruited before going to college? Geez, you don't have to be Red Auerbach to see the potential there.

He averaged less than 3 Points and 3 rebounds per game as a junior. He was not a good basketball player at that time. There is a reason he started out at a JUCO.

He's a twig. There's a reason he's playing Western KY.
That’s true….and most likely Iowa won’t pursue him BUT he might be able to neutralize Eddy and/or Dickenson…..maybe?

Sharp played two seasons at John A. Logan College prior to his arrival at WKU, where he was a four-star prospect and the top junior college player in the nation, according to 247Sports.

Reactions: BBHawk
Coach Eldridge is following Mouhamed Gueye and Grant Basile on twitter. Unfortunately, neither Gueye or Basile are following coach Eldridge.

Mouhamed Gueye is a 6'11 Forward from Washington State currently in the transfer portal.

Grant Basile is a 6'9 Forward from Wright State currently in the transfer portal.

Reactions: chaneccooms
Coach Eldridge is following Mouhamed Gueye and Grant Basile on twitter. Unfortunately, neither Gueye or Basile are following coach Eldridge.

Mouhamed Gueye is a 6'11 Forward from Washington State currently in the transfer portal.

Grant Basile is a 6'9 Forward from Wright State currently in the transfer portal.
Gueye is a stud…..with 3 years of college left if he stayed in college that long…

Gueye just entered the portal today--probably bombarded with coaches reaching out. Give that time.

Fran's portal futility is beyond laughable at this point. He had a two-time NPOY in Garza and can't get a big to come to Iowa? How is that even possible? The reality for Fran is that he needs to stick to guys with only mid-major offers because he can't beat out any P5 programs with a pulse. 12 years here and he acts like a first year coach every season with recruiting--no relationships, pipelines or strategy. How can seemingly every other program reel kids in from the portal they were in on out of high school EXCEPT Fran?

I know the Fran Fan Boy Club is going claim cheating by other programs, Fran not recruiting troublemakers, having Connor and Josh returning = we don't need anybody else and that Fran is all over the portal, just wait and see. Maybe I am giving Fran too much credit, but I can't believe he is legitimately trying to get guys from the portal and is simply this awful.

Fran's portal futility is beyond laughable at this point. He had a two-time NPOY in Garza and can't get a big to come to Iowa? How is that even possible? The reality for Fran is that he needs to stick to guys with only mid-major offers because he can't beat out any P5 programs with a pulse. 12 years here and he acts like a first year coach every season with recruiting--no relationships, pipelines or strategy. How can seemingly every other program reel kids in from the portal they were in on out of high school EXCEPT Fran?

I know the Fran Fan Boy Club is going claim cheating by other programs, Fran not recruiting troublemakers, having Connor and Josh returning = we don't need anybody else and that Fran is all over the portal, just wait and see. Maybe I am giving Fran too much credit, but I can't believe he is legitimately trying to get guys from the portal and is simply this awful.
I don't think you need to be concerned that you are giving Fran too much credit.

“Show me the MONEY”

Reactions: 24 so far
Iowa already needed another interior player badly, but if Kris also leaves, the roster will be incredibly weak inside without a quality addition. Iowa and Fran need to figure out the portal and this NIL garbage, which I don't understand, very soon. Iowa should have been a very desirable location for the series of big men who have decided to go to another school.

Reactions: Hammer93
Iowa already needed another interior player badly, but if Kris also leaves, the roster will be incredibly weak inside without a quality addition. Iowa and Fran need to figure out the portal and this NIL garbage, which I don't understand, very soon. Iowa should have been a very desirable location for the series of big men who have decided to go to another school.
Bring on Mulvey and the Big O!

Reactions: jo2knight
I'm thinking Kris is gone and I'm going to speculate Golden State is telling him he's their guy at 28. So that ratchet ups the need for a big in the transfer portal. You can move Rebracca to the 4 but I'd be looking for that position as well.

• Haha
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
I'm thinking Kris is gone and I'm going to speculate Golden State is telling him he's their guy at 28. So that ratchet ups the need for a big in the transfer portal. You can move Rebracca to the 4 but I'd be looking for that position as well.
Do you know someone in the Golden State organization?

Reactions: Buffalo43
Sure wish I had a source inside the Warriors like you apparently do.

Reactions: Buffalo43
Sure wish I had a source inside the Warriors like you apparently do.
Do you know someone in the Golden State organization?

No inside source just a guess. I do know from talking to Kenyon that they sent scouts to Carver to watch them play, at the time I was thinking they were there to check out Keegan but at 28 there’s no way Keegan would still be availabl.

Coach Eldridge is following Morris Udeze on twitter. Udeze is a Forward/Center from Wichita State and entered the transfer portal.

Getting bigs from the portal is going to be difficult because Fran is late recruiting some of these guys.

Reactions: Hammer93
Coach Eldridge is following Morris Udeze on twitter. Udeze is a Forward/Center from Wichita State and entered the transfer portal.

Getting bigs from the portal is going to be difficult because Fran is late recruiting some of these guys.
Sure, but the coaches also followed KJ Williams, Osun Osunniyi, Mouhamed Gueye, DJ Burns, Tre Mitchell as well as past targets Akwuba and Aimaq within a day that they entered the portal so the flip side is they were on top of quite a few targets early. Also Udeze may be a later target, but he's only visited Mountain West schools from what I can tell so it's not exactly like we're competing with Blue bloods here.

Reactions: perryhawk
No inside source just a guess. I do know from talking to Kenyon that they sent scouts to Carver to watch them play, at the time I was thinking they were there to check out Keegan but at 28 there’s no way Keegan would still be availabl.
Yeah, the Warriors would have to trade up to get Keegan. Iguodala likely won't be back next season and Keegan would be ready to help right away backing up Green and Wiggins. Kris, however, hasn't yet shown he can play at a consistently high level and they already have a developmental guy they really like in Kuminga, who is only 19. I'm skeptical they would take Kris in this year's draft, at least not in the first round.

I hate to be that guy, but it's likely that scouts from all 30 teams were at Carver at some point in the season last year. I've read that just about every night they had scouts at games--when Purdue was in town I thought I had read that it was upwards of 20 scouts were in attendance, kill 2 birds with 1 stone by scouting Ivey and Keegan together.

Reactions: BBHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT