ADVERTISEMENT

If Joe Biden really cares about this country…

Biden’s handlers, cabinet, and team don’t want him to quit.

This part concerns me,.. Watching Biden's performance over the past few months, it's become painfully obvious to me that there is no way that he is actually calling the shots in the Oval Office, which begs the question of, who is?,.. There has to be some un-elected power brokers behind him that are actually pulling the strings,.. This whole thing is more like Weekend at Bernie's than I'm comfortable with...

This part concerns me,.. Watching Biden's performance over the past few months, it's become painfully obvious to me that there is no way that he is actually calling the shots in the Oval Office, which begs the question of, who is?,.. There has to be some un-elected power brokers behind him that are actually pulling the strings,.. This whole thing is more like Weekend at Bernie's than I'm comfortable with...
Same goes for Trump. He clearly has no grasp of the issues. Who made these decisions when he was president?

It's going to have to be sooner than a few weeks to boot Biden. Dems have maybe a week to figure this out. Otherwise the deadline to get on ballots becomes a problem.
I wouldn't worry about that. They can make their pick and then restructure some rules and it'll be fine.

I wouldn't worry about that. They can make their pick and then restructure some rules and it'll be fine.
Dem convention is after some states ballot deadlines. I'm not sure if they can put a placeholder on the ballot to be filled in later. My preference is to not take the chance and move up the convention.

Dem convention is after some states ballot deadlines. I'm not sure if they can put a placeholder on the ballot to be filled in later. My preference is to not take the chance and move up the convention.
I see your point. I just find it hard to believe the 2 major parties would have issues getting what they want

This thread is magical. In the real world, we know Trump was already Prez for 4 years of world peace, secure borders and a thriving economy. The 'lunatic' was your Hillary inspired TDS not accepting the election and doing anything possible to wrench outcomes. Biden's performance was simply an extension of obvious realty only the politically blinded couldn't see. Ready for 4 more successful maga years and boy we need it - if we can make it until Jan 25.

• Angry
Reactions: HawkMD
No losing candidate has tried to overturn an election. This is new territory Chis. Drastic times, drastic measures. Hell I’d vote for Jill.
Before I’d vote for Trump, I’d vote for any of these…

houseplants-scaled-e1593515074870.jpeg

Last edited:
I was wrong. Joe doesn't have it. At the same time it's clear that Trump's mind is in the same boat. His answers tonight were largely gibberish. It was sharks and batteries all over again. Neither would be able to finish a second term.
I’ll laugh if they replace Biden with Newsom. Based on the condition of California he belongs nowhere near the Presidency.

Even many that acknowledge that there needs to be a new D candidate are missing the point here because they go off the rails about Trump.

This has nothing to do with Trump. Nothing that Trump said last night resonated with anybody that wasn't already going to vote for him. I couldn't tell you anything he said except that we need to have a father/son golf match rather than the 2nd debate so we can watch these 6 or 8 handicaps in action.

All Biden needed to do last night was demonstrate that he could run again, and he failed. This will reverberate down the ticket as Dems stay home rather than vote for him. It's Hillary v2 where Dems said enough.

Huh? No it’s not.
I totally agree that it is not too late. It is not too late for EITHER party to make a big switch IMO. But especially not too late for the Dems. MANY people that I have talked with are very underwhelmed with both candidates.

I don't think that there has ever been a time 5 months in front of a POTUS election that so many people are truly put out with EITHER choice.

Reactions: Ree4 and noleclone2
Run a successful Democrat Governor. If Polis is too gay, run Pritzker.
Pritzker is probably the best choice at this point. Prior to this year it would have been Newsome. For the style over substance group, which is pretty big, Newsome is still a choice.

Pritzker is probably the best choice at this point. Prior to this year it would have been Newsome. For the style over substance group, which is pretty big, Newsome is still a choice.

I don't understand why Pritzker or Newsome is a better choice than Beshear.

Or how about John Bel Edwards.

Both of those guys ran and won statewide elections in red states multiple times.

Beshear has won 3 state wide elections in Kentucky in a row (One for AG, 2 for Gov). But yeah sure let's pull a governor from a blue state where he won the election the minute he won the primary.

I want someone who wins competitive general elections, not someone who won one primary and was set for a job for 8 years.

I totally agree that it is not too late. It is not too late for EITHER party to make a big switch IMO. But especially not too late for the Dems. MANY people that I have talked with are very underwhelmed with both candidates.

I don't think that there has ever been a time 5 months in front of a POTUS election that so many people are truly put out with EITHER choice.
100 percent. It is an incredible time but both candidates are train wrecks.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
I don't understand why Pritzker or Newsome is a better choice than Beshear.

Or how about John Bel Edwards.

Both of those guys ran and won statewide elections in red states multiple times.

Beshear has won 3 state wide elections in Kentucky in a row (One for AG, 2 for Gov). But yeah sure let's pull a governor from a blue state where he won the election the minute he won the primary.

I want someone who wins competitive general elections, not someone who won one primary and was set for a job for 8 years.
Beshear would probably be OK. His name is popping up a little more widely recently.

Couldn't agree more. Theres a set of people that LOATHE Newsom. He himself has a shady past. Also toss in San Francisco being a $hithole but looking absolutely beautiful for a Chinese Dictator and there you have a ton of ammo against him.
He doesn’t lose debates! His state has issues that need attention but it also has an economy greater than a total of 21 other states.

Reactions: Ree4
Beshear would probably be OK. His name is popping up a little more widely recently.
Andy is one of the most popular governors in the country. And that's in a red state. But I doubt most people have ever heard of him. He would make a fantastic candidate in 2028 but without the help of a full primary I don't know if he's got the ability to catch up in just 5 months.

So, as the speculation comes out, so do the election laws for various states.

NV, WI, and GA might already be off the table for replacing Biden.

OH has a deadline of August 7th for getting the Dem nominee on the ballot.

The push for more mail-in voting means there are earlier deadlines in the states. I think if Joe is going to bow out, it will need to happen before the actual convention because of Ohio's deadline. As it stands, Ohio is requiring the DNC to declare their candidate before the convention, making the convention just a show. The DNC can always vote for whom they will put on the ballot in Ohio, and choose someone else at the convention, effectively giving up Ohio.

This may be the most interesting presidential election in my lifetime, from both a political and legal perspective. Just s the GOP could have chosen someone other than Trump, the Dems could have chosen someone other than Biden. Obviously if Kamala wasn't VP and already declared as part of the ticket, there would be another and better option for the Dems that could actually work. Stubbornness and PC might end up costing the Dems in 2024 and beyond.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT