ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE: Debbie Tried & Failed But if Our Opponent Shuts Down, Forcing a Cancelation, Should We be Allowed to Schedule a Nonconference Replacement?

I see no problem with them playing this week, if they can arrange it and pull it off.

Why should they be punished for being Covid free? I wouldn’t even bad mouth them if they scheduled a Drake or an Abilene Christian. At least they’ll get to play.

and how exactly would you do that on little or no notice?
i am guessing you find out which teams have open dates each of the 8 weekends and contact them all in advance & see if there is any interest in playing IF you end up having an opening. Debbie now has an opening & now they could contact those schools that had showed interest. Just need to get the B1G's ok.

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
No. Already too much risk to conference games. Non-con adds nothing but more risk for some money.

what were the rules that were set in place when the 8 + 1 schedule was released?

was it made clear to all 14 schools that they would play a conference only schedule with no exceptions?

did Nebraska nevertheless go rogue, and try to schedule a nonconference opponent any way? if so, Kevin Warren can't be happy w/ Nebraska (once again)

what were the rules that were set in place when the 8 + 1 schedule was released?

was it made clear to all 14 schools that they would play a conference only schedule with no exceptions?

did Nebraska nevertheless go rogue, and try to schedule a nonconference opponent any way? if so, Kevin Warren can't be happy w/ Nebraska (once again)
I think choosing to cancel below the already ludicrous threshold set without the league forcing them to is whats so irritating about this. If it was the original rules agreed upon by every team that were coming into play, then cancelling sucks but we knew the situation going in so it would be what is is... but thats not what this situation is

If Nebraska does it then we all can do it.
Has a school ever been kicked out of the Big 10? Nebby sure seems they're trying to.

that's why I posed this question yesterday. should all 14 teams be allowed to do it? if not, why not?

Again, maybe the B1G made it very clear that this would be a conference only schedule w/ no exceptions.

Did Debbie go rogue any way? And if so, damn!!

Should they? Why not, I wouldn't have any heartburn over it.

The B1G apparently made it pretty clear that the season re-start was conference games only. Unless they had specific exceptions written in, then that's the way it is.

What I'd love to see is debbie play the game, be penalized by the league and have that lead to a divorce. Then they can go play in a conference that they can live out their delusions of domination, like the mountain west. Whatever gets rid of those sh!theads.

Should they? Why not, I wouldn't have any heartburn over it.

The B1G apparently made it pretty clear that the season re-start was conference games only. Unless they had specific exceptions written in, then that's the way it is.

What I'd love to see is debbie play the game, be penalized by the league and have that lead to a divorce. Then they can go play in a conference that they can live out their delusions of domination, like the mountain west. Whatever gets rid of those sh!theads.
it seems like the B1G decided on conference only games a long time ago, when they originally came up the the 10 game, conference only schedule

and then they came up with the 8 + 1 conference only schedule

conference only. What does Debbie not understand?

Debbie, for some reason, likes to go rogue. They don't really feel like a B1G "member."

Reactions: HerkyFan
Nebraska has lost an opportunity to have at least one win this season. Next chance will be the last game of the season against either Rutgers or Michigan State.

Nebraska has lost an opportunity to have at least one win this season. Next chance will be the last game of the season against either Rutgers or Michigan State.
Before all hell broke loose, Wisky was gonna be loss #2.

And don't forget, Little Debbie has lost 4 or more games in a season 16 years in a row.

Frank Solich (Pelini coached the bowl game?) went 10-3 in 2003. That team was ranked as high as #10 in the country.

Here is a look at the 16 years since that 10-3 season in 2003:
2004: 5-6 Bill Callahan (4 years)
2005: 8-4
2006: 9-5
2007: 5-7
2008: 9-4 Bo Pelini (7 years)
2009: 10-4
2010: 10-4
2011: 9-4
2012: 10-4
2013: 9-4
2014: 9-4
2015: 6-7 Mike Riley (3 years)
2016: 9-4
2017: 4-8
2018: 4-8 Scott Frost (2 years)
2019: 5-7

little_debbie.jpg

I don’t understand why some people want to change the rules as we go along and feel it is perfectly ok to do so.

You would think there has to be somebody intelligent at Nebraska that would suggest calling the conference office before picking up the phone to call an FCS school to schedule a last minute game after the conference agreed it would only play conference games

you're asking a lot ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT