ADVERTISEMENT

If people could see actual video footage of Trump orchestrating illegal activity, would minds change?

torbee

HR King
Gold Member
We might be able to find out the answer to that question soon. My answer? Nah, the brain washed are too pot-committed at this point to ever, ever change course.

POLITICO Playbook: SCOOP: Jan. 6 panel subpoenas unseen Trump tapes​

By EUGENE DANIELS and RYAN LIZZA

06/21/2022 06:15 AM EDT

The House select committee investigating Jan. 6 sent a subpoena last week to ALEX HOLDER, a documentary filmmaker who was granted extensive access to President DONALD TRUMP and his inner circle, and who shot interviews with the then-president both before and after Jan. 6. The existence of this footage is previously unreported.

A source familiar with the project told Playbook on Monday night that Holder began filming on the campaign trail in September 2020 for a project on Trump’s reelection campaign. Over the course of several months, Holder had substantial access to Trump, Trump’s adult children and VP MIKE PENCE, both in the White House and on the campaign trail.

According to the subpoena, which was obtained exclusively by Playbook, the committee wants three main things from Holder:

(1) Raw footage from Jan. 6.

(2) Raw footage of interviews from September 2020 to present with Trump, Pence, DONALD TRUMP JR., IVANKA TRUMP, ERIC TRUMP and JARED KUSHNER.

(3) Raw footage “pertaining to discussions of election fraud or election integrity surrounding the November 2020 presidential election.”

Holder is expected to fully cooperate with the committee in an interview scheduled for Thursday. Read the full subpoena

Again:
DieS7kNU8AEUskw.jpg

I'm 100% there are some that are on the fence and it would change their minds.

I'm also completely certain there is a large segment of GOP voters that could see him shoot a pregnant white Christian lady, say he did it and they would excuse the behavior to explain their vote for him over Sleepy Joe. Why? Because it's a cult.

I don't think many minds would change mostly because the people that need to see this, won't. They've mostly washed their hands of accepting any evidence as factual and will just dig in their heels deeper to back someone who has been taking advantage of them this whole time. Sheep gonna sheep.
So sheer them......

I don't think many minds would change mostly because the people that need to see this, won't. They've mostly washed their hands of accepting any evidence as factual and will just dig in their heels deeper to back someone who has been taking advantage of them this whole time. Sheep gonna sheep.
I don't think anything will change the minds of 80% of the population, 40% against and 40% for Trump.

We might be able to find out the answer to that question soon. My answer? Nah, the brain washed are too pot-committed at this point to ever, ever change course.

The House select committee investigating Jan. 6 sent a subpoena last week to ALEX HOLDER, a documentary filmmaker who was granted extensive access to President DONALD TRUMP and his inner circle, and who shot interviews with the then-president both before and after Jan. 6. The existence of this footage is previously unreported.

A source familiar with the project told Playbook on Monday night that Holder began filming on the campaign trail in September 2020 for a project on Trump’s reelection campaign. Over the course of several months, Holder had substantial access to Trump, Trump’s adult children and VP MIKE PENCE, both in the White House and on the campaign trail.

According to the subpoena, which was obtained exclusively by Playbook, the committee wants three main things from Holder:

(2) Raw footage of interviews from September 2020 to present with Trump, Pence, DONALD TRUMP JR., IVANKA TRUMP, ERIC TRUMP and JARED KUSHNER.

(3) Raw footage “pertaining to discussions of election fraud or election integrity surrounding the November 2020 presidential election.”

Holder is expected to fully cooperate with the committee in an interview scheduled for Thursday. Read the full subpoena
How is this in anyway telling us he has any information on Trump doing anything? What a really dumb post, but what should I expect from you.

I'm 100% there are some that are on the fence and it would change their minds.

I'm also completely certain there is a large segment of GOP voters that could see him shoot a pregnant white Christian lady, say he did it and they would excuse the behavior to explain their vote for him over Sleepy Joe. Why? Because it's a cult.
Remember, the underlying message, for several decades now, is the no matter what, Ds/liberals are worse.

No its not going to matter to changing peoples' minds.

There are only:

1) Democrats that already hate Trump no matter what

2) Republicans who are already never Trumpers

3) Republicans who think that even if he's bad or criminal, he's better than the Democrats. Either because the Democrats are MORE evil, or because Trump delivers things (tax cuts, conservative judges, non-interventionism) that matter to them and they consider it in their naked political self-interest

4) Cult members who don't care what he does because it's nothing more than a fandom/cult situation at this point

Who's going to change their mind? I suppose there could be a small number of people in group 3 that might be slightly more likely to vote for DeSantis or another Republican over Trump, but I don't think it's significant.

Everyone knows, and they don't care. We're long past any "tipping point."

There are only:

3) Republicans who think that even if he's bad or criminal, he's better than the Democrats. Either because the Democrats are MORE evil, or because Trump delivers things (tax cuts, conservative judges, non-interventionism) that matter to them and they consider it in their naked political self-interest

4) Cult members who don't care what he does because it's nothing more than a fandom/cult situation at this point

Who's going to change their mind? I suppose there could be a small number of people in group 3 that might be slightly more likely to vote for DeSantis or another Republican over Trump, but I don't think it's significant.

I guess I could amend that slightly. It's not going to matter to voters.

It could potentially matter to certain individuals that matter. Big donors. Some in the media. Potential staffers. There is obviously a meaningful (ever shrinking) portion of mainstream, establishment type Republican players who have managed to contort themselves into support of Trump using a variety of rationales.

It could matter to some of those people when they have to decide whether to hold a $15k a plate fundraiser for Trump, or for Pence and Desantis. Hard to imagine it, but some of those people may still have a "bridge too far" around actual lawbreaking I suppose.

Reactions: torbee

Yeah, would love to see him with a map of DC laid out in front and half a dozen cell phones being used to direct the people wearing buffalo horns

Likely have no affect in the grand scheme of things. But at this point, it’s really about putting everything in the historical record so when people are studying this 100 years from now, they’ll know who was on the right side.

If you could show me an actual.example of Donald Trump saying "attack here" or "there will be no security here" or something similar, I would tie the noose for you.

If you could show me an actual.example of Donald Trump saying "attack here" or "there will be no security here" or something similar, I would tie the noose for you.
Tell me you don't know how a criminal conspiracy works without telling me you don't know how a criminal conspiracy works. :rolleyes:

You do know Richard Nixon never stepped foot inside the Watergate Hotel right? And that Ronald Reagan never handed weapons to the Iranians by hand.

Tell me you don't know how a criminal conspiracy works without telling me you don't know how a criminal conspiracy works. :rolleyes:

You do know Richard Nixon never stepped foot inside the Watergate Hotel right? And that Ronald Reagan never handed weapons to the Iranians by hand.
You are the one that brought up the idea of video evidence bruh.

Also, we can hang out on the 4th, I don't care about juneteenth being a drinking day.

You are the one that brought up the idea of video evidence bruh.

Also, we can hang out on the 4th, I don't care about juneteenth being a drinking day.
I used the word "orchestrating" in the headline for a reason. No one has ever said Trump was charging the Capitol stairs. That has zero to do with his potential criminal culpability though.

Reactions: RileyHawk
I used the word "orchestrating" in the headline for a reason. No one has ever said Trump was charging the Capitol stairs. That has zero to do with his potential criminal culpability though.
Then it's going to come down to "orchestrating." It's going to have to be more than "fight for your freedoms" thr beastie boys have been telling me I have had to fight for my right to party for decades and I haven't stormed any buildings.

Reactions: 24 so far

If you could show me an actual.example of Joe Biden handing over $1.2B to China for covid test kits or writing the check himself or something similar, I would be upset with Joe about it too.

There are only:

Not an exact comparison but accroding to Gallup polling, public opinion in favor of removing Nixon from office jumped from 19% in November, 1973 (when courts ruled the tapes must be turned over) to 38% in May, 1974 (after the Select Committee began revealing the contents of the tapes). Minds can be changed by congressional testimony. Direct evidence - WH tapes or private recordings - are especially compelling.... and potentially incriminating.

I say its not an exact comparison because the political climate is different today than in 1973-74. Still, a potentially substantial segment of voters can be swayed. Given today's fiercely partisan political climate, movement of even 2-3% in changed voting behavior is significant. "Find me 150,00 votes" is a bit more ridiculous.

Reactions: 86Hawkeye
The polls have 58% of Americans supporting Trump being charged with a crime for his role in Jan 6.
I think that number has moved up significantly.

Reactions: 86Hawkeye

The committee just recently subpoenaed the videos? I would've thought they'd have done so months ago. Did they not know they existed?

The committee just recently subpoenaed the videos? I would've thought they'd have done so months ago. Did they not know they existed?
It sounds kind of like the word didn’t get out until the documentary filmmaker came forward. That’s my understanding from what I read anyway. Todays reporting said many former Trump aides didn’t even know the footage existed.

ADVERTISEMENT