ADVERTISEMENT

If Petras plays the entire game, predict his stat line vs Nevada

I’ll guess (and hope for at least) a ho-hum stat line against a poor Nevada defense of:

15-24, 155 yards (6.4 avg) 2Tds and 1 Int

And it does nothing to improve my confidence level going forward. I actually expected a similar performance against SDSU and well…
I don’t disagree. If that is what he puts up, those are horrible stats considering the opponent.

I wish he would have put up those numbers against ISU!

I will go with a percentage rather than numbers since if the hawks can really run the ball the pass attempts will be lowered. I say he is at or just above 50% and has about 130-150 yards since most throws will be shorter with not much YAC. I would love to see a big smash down by the hawks and Padilla get in the game in the 4th.

Sumbitch is gonna have a career day and then start the remaining games.

You just know it's gonna happen.
I fully expect something like this to happen. Nevada’s D is an abomination. I expect something like 18/25 with about 300 yards, and I expect us to win something like 35-3. Not because our O is any good, but because we’ll be playing at home against one of the worst teams in the nation.

The problem with this, of course, is that KF can then use that performance to justify leaving Petras in there for at least the Rutgers game, which I think we lose. Then we’re back to the same quandary about which QB starts. If Padilla gets a shot against Meatchicken it will be about as ugly as if Petras played. Then who knows?

I’ll be surprised if Petras plays the whole season, just because I fully expect it to get really ugly against quality B10 defenses so there won’t be any choice but to give Padilla a shot, if he hasn’t already gotten a chance by then.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShonnDeereGreene
im beginning to think there’s only a mild correlation between his production and defense. prediction—
1. the run game will improve more than the pass game on a ypa basis.
2. bf will bust his brains to deploy all the easiest passes and petras will go 15/28 for 120 yards 0td 0int
3. running plays will generate 150 yards on 40 carries giving iowa a mind bending 250 total yards (incl sacks)

It already ugly between the fans, the head coach and his offensive coordinator and it's going to get uglier because the numbers are not going to improve over the average SP has for the current year. The completion % will be around 50 and the longest completion 20 yards. He'll have negative running yards.

Incarnate Word put up 600 yards against Nevada. What will happen is the offense will score points and obviously look better because they literally can't get worse, and Nevada is just awful. The Homers here will go bonkers saying the offense is back, make Brian head coach, Petras is the man, see Kirk knows best. Kirk will gush about how the offense and Petras are improving, and Petras will play every single down the rest of the season.

Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious.

KF is gonna have a smug "I told you so" moment at the post-game presser, acting like he's some genius because his horrible QB actually had a decent performance against the worst defense we'll face in years. SP will then be crowned untouchable starting QB for the remainder of our 2-10 season...

I don’t know folks…it’s not like Nevada is going to suddenly make him accurate….he can’t hit open targets now when he has time….why would that change? I suppose he will have more chances to miss wide open targets.

First of all, the use of sumbitch deserves a lot of likes just by itself!

But also it’s definitely a real concern. And just for good measure if we do get up by an insurmountable lead, Petras will probably play the entire game - eliminating anyone else from getting snaps - justified by “getting additional work to clean things up.”

First of all, the use of sumbitch deserves a lot of likes just by itself!

But also it’s definitely a real concern. And just for good measure if we do get up by an insurmountable lead, Petras will probably play the entire game - eliminating anyone else from getting snaps - justified by “getting additional work to clean things up.”
That's a good point, too. No way AP gets to play against a horrible defense with a chance to look good, no matter the score.

9/21 for 89 yards. 0 TDs, 1 INT.

He's had at least 1 INT for 8 straight games and 1 TD pass over that span.... Put up or shut up.

Will be miserable passing again, but we'll run the ball at ease. Kirk will go ultra conservative and get the win.

Kicking the QB decision down the road another week for Kirk and Tommy Boy.

8 for 19, 76 yards in first half, 1 interception for a pick six and fumble. If he plays the second half, he will complete the same ratio of passes and one more pick. Iowa loses to Nevada.

If Iowa changes qb’s at half to Padilla, he leads them to victory with a 12 for 20 performance, 155 yards and 2 td’s. Iowa holds on for the win, 21-17.

ADVERTISEMENT