ADVERTISEMENT

If the fall season is cancelled

A tiny reason for some hope. Antibody testing will be widely available in May. Pin prick at most pharmacies or CVS type places. It will tell you if you have had the virus or not. If a large enough % of the population shows they had it, things start to get in gear again to some larger degree. Dr. Oz was on Friday evening and stated 50% of persons who get COVID have 0 symptoms and will never know they had it but for this test. So is the wave of the last 4 weeks including a large % of the population or no. We will find out in May. No way someone with 0 symptoms would otherwise be tested. Maybe what we "see" now is only the worst of the worst cases and there are many many cases that have come through that we have not been able to see because no one knew. As contagious as this is, I believe this. The people reflecting the heaviest impact are the most susceptible, but many other people have had to have been getting it in the last 4 to 6 weeks.

Reactions: unclesammy
They won't have a vaccine by September. Maybe they have a therapy that does well when infected by then. The thing is many of the fans who go are in the age groups most impacted. Every single thing you read is this distancing deal works until you stop distancing and then it will fire back up for those who haven't already had it. I bet they would play without fans in attendance if that was allowed as tv demand would be extreme.

They very well may have a antibody "vaccine" by then. (Not sure the name of it) Works similar to a vaccine, but created from the antibodies from people that have them. Sounds like they can have a faster turnaround with the testing/approval for these vs. a true vaccine.

Who knows when these treatments will be available, but the world has never seen such a large scale collective effort to find a treatment/vaccine. So I'm betting that we'll have a solution faster than what a traditional vaccine timeline calls for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT